New 360 Owner - I broke all of the rules | Page 4 | FerrariChat

New 360 Owner - I broke all of the rules

Discussion in '360/430' started by S F, Jul 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Great videos!

2. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    APC mixed with diluted water 50/50 and an assortment of brushes. Then dressed them with Adams In and Out Spray to make them pop.

Thanks!

3. Neil22

Neil22 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2018
    Oxford CT
    Full Name:
    Neil Silberkleit
    Very nice Videos - Amazon for an airlift to bleed the cooling system - 5 minutes job! cost is around $120.00

4. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Well done, love hearing these.

5. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    Not a whole lot has changed on the car recently, but I have managed to get a few more miles on the odometer before the next round of improvements take place.

Some quick parking deck photos from when we took it out for a meal.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Oh, and I did the first oil change and changed out the F1 fluid in the reservoir. I'm usually pretty good at not making a mess but this one was quite messy, haha.

armedferret, Apollo 11 and Need4Spd like this.
  6. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    Finally got the paint somewhat sorted and I think I've avoided a body shop bill, at least for now. I'm not sure what is going on with the roof, but the clear that was failing badly was able to be sanded off and good paint was underneath. This leads me to believe the panel has been blended somewhere in the past and everything recleared. There is a light transition where this happens, but it is way better looking than having failing clear that is extremely noticeable. After this, I'd say the car is a solid 5-10 footer and I'm pretty happy with it.

As far as the process of what I did, I sanded with 1000, 1500 & 2000 grit paper until everything looked uniformed and then I polished it out. Ultimately I want to have the car repainted, but this is a great compromise for the time being.

7. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    Finally decided to pull the rest of the vinyl. The car looks so much better now. Plan to start working on it again here soon and will hopefully have some more updates in the near future :)

Rexcat458, patina, lkstaack and 5 others like this.
  8. TuttoBene

TuttoBene Karting

Sep 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    Doug
    It's so great to see all the improvements! Remember seeing this one listed when I was shopping for my 360. I'm glad the car found a home with someone who will enjoy bringing it up to speed. You have a new Youtube follower!

S F likes this.
  9. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    Appreciate the kind comments!

10. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
  11. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    The car is actually quite impressive for a stock car. I spent a day drag racing and generally speaking the only ones that would beat me are full on drag cars.
    Here's two videos, The Bentley I beat every time. The Dodge beat me 3 times.

JrBucksco likes this.
  12. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    Nice runs!

Most of the cars last night were running 10s or 11s, so I had no chance. Heck, even some of the full size trucks were running deep 11s.

What did your car run? I only managed a 13.3 but I was launching softly because I couldn't stop thinking of the unknown condition of the clutch, haha.

13. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Low 11's if I remember correctly. I don't recall breaking into the 10's. It was 4 or more years ago.
    I think I would remember 10's since I had a Road Runner when I was a teenager and it ran 10 flat. It had 500hp.

14. WillskiGT

WillskiGT Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Stock 360s don’t run low 11s haha

Maybe 12.8 if you nail the start and the density altitude is low. From your videos it looks like 13s.

And a 440 roadrunner never ran 10 flat. Low 13s at best.

15. CCRider66

CCRider66 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Sussex, WI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Okay, you got me on the Ferrari, I said I don't quite remember but whatever.

I built my engine, 340, 13:1 comp, blueprinted and balance, 202 TA heads and 4:10 dana rear end, I did 10 flat! Don't believe me, well that's your problem not mine and it really has no bearing on anything now.
    BTW who said a "440 roadrunner"?
    I said my roadrunner which is technically a 1978 Dodge Volare Roadrunner edition.
    the picture is not mine but my started out looking like this.

16. WillskiGT

WillskiGT Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Assumed you meant the 440 cu in Roadrunner, which was the fastest drag car Dodge sold back in 1968-1970.

Not that it matters, but even with "500hp" (doubtful from a malaise era V-8) and all of the modifications you did to the Volare, there is literally no way it would run 10 flat. The stock 360 cu in (5.9L V-8) ran a 17.4 second quarter mile.

You'd need something like 750hp or over 1200 pounds of weight reduction to run 10.0 (and your trap speed would be 140mph+). None of those things were possible in that car.

AndreB likes this.
  17. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    Here is the slip for my run. I was in the left lane.

The 60 foot time is actually pretty decent considering I just rolled into it once it caught traction. The MPH is a bit concerning as it seems a bit low based off "magazine times" that I've looked at. Am I wrong to think that the car should have trapped 108-110 or could it be just gross driver error based on the rollout start?

AndreB likes this.
  18. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
    Love the thread and the updates!

S F likes this.
  19. Faverro

Faverro Rookie

Oct 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Alejandro Perez
    What an awesome trip. I have done this trip myself, only not in a cool car like yours, Chrysler Voyager was my ship lol. Enjoy your 360 it’s a fantastic machine!

S F likes this.
  20. dbdreams

dbdreams Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Hayden, Alabama, USA
    Full Name:
    David W. Burnett, Jr.
    I have a 2000 360 Modena and I had similar times using the same roll off the line method.

60ft. 2.16
    330ft. 5.73
    1/8 8.67 @ 84.52
    1/4 13.30 @ 106.5

Attached Files:

S F likes this.
  21. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    When I first bought this car the headlights were in really terrible condition, and honestly, still are despite trying to sand and polish them several times.

This is what I started with about a year ago:

Yikes. Finding used lights worth buying for the right price has proven almost impossible and it just seemed too risky to try to open them up.

This weekend I finally had enough of looking at these and decided to sand them with 600 grit and then worked my way up to 1500 and finally coated them with Spraymax 2k clear. They turned out ok and I think they're a vast improvement over what I started with.

I still need to cut and polish the lights, but I think they'll look great once done. The next issue is that the insides are also pretty hazy. I read a post on here about using scrubber duckies to clean the insides, so I ordered some and plan to give it a shot soon :)

Baby steps, right?

tonyc and Mel Spillman like this.
  22. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Looking good. Its very rewarding to fix and preserve the car. Keep the good work up.

S F likes this.
  23. 78bonanza

78bonanza Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jim Cear
    Great work . I’ll assume you’ve investigated and found no way to remove the lens without destroying the entire unit

S F likes this.
  24. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    People have successfully removed the lens many times on these, but there is some risk involved in the process. I'm just not willing to accept the risks at this time because the replacements are expensive and finding an acceptable set in blu pozzi would be extremely difficult.

25. S F

S F Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2016
    Texas
    Redid my seats with Colourlock products, turned out pretty nice!

67bmer likes this.