Hamilton’s Post Race Behavior Atrocious ***spoilers*** | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Hamilton’s Post Race Behavior Atrocious ***spoilers***

Discussion in 'F1' started by xpensivewino, Jul 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    You become a Steward.

sammysaber, mcimino, Picchu88 and 6 others like this.
  2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    zing

3. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  4. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Do you think that the people that died for that flag were ever hot? You obviously don’t understand or appreciate what we are talking about. Better to drop the flag conversation.

Nortonious and tuttebenne like this.
  5. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert

Please name one sport, any sport world wide where their national anthem is not played?? Dont watch the Olympics.

tuttebenne likes this.
  6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

None yet to my knowledge, but they should give up that practice, IMO.

All this flag waving is nauseating to me, it's just tribal culture, and I wish we could move away from that..

Patrick Dixon likes this.
  7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I've been watching F-1 from the early 70's - in-person and TV. I'm disappointed in Hamiltons' behavior. Unlike others here I have been positive about his driving - I don't think he's the greatest - but I do recognize he is outstanding. I don't agree with his lifestyle/fashion etc... but to each their own. What I do expect from a 8-time world champion - someone who is pushing for equality, BLM, social justice and care for the environment is at least a forward mention of his rival being in a huge accident. Regardless of fault, a fellow competitor was injured - enough to go to a hospital - that news was available to Mercedes - as it was Sky TV. I was appalled at how blatantly nationalistic SKY TV was - how uncaring about the condition of Verstappen... and jubilant they were for Hamilton. My feeling that F-1 is a UK sport is totally confirmed... I'm sure it was a release for the British public to be gathered once again after COVID - but to see how uncaring they were about a massive accident.... does leave me with a sad perspective on both Hamilton and Mercedes. IF Hamilton had not been involved I think there would have been mention - much like Grosjean's firey accident... this was a calculated cold-blooded move - that will reflect very poorly on Hamilton and Mercedes. Given that the former Team Principal was Lauda - who was in a massive accident.... and pushed for safety etc... it's just either a huge mistake ... gargantuan... or calculated. In any regard it also confirms the low standard of today's drivers, and that they don't deserve the praise they get.

I'm very disappointed in Hamilton personally. His words about Britain and "Nobody else has this" i think was insulting - and also insulting to the British fans... Here is a multi-millionaire - basking in the lime lite ... while they are all behind fences etc... out in the heat. He's walking around with an umbrella while they are all baking in the sun... and He's one of them? really? huge show of privilege - and he's telling others to not eat meat, conserve energy etc... just a bad show for Hamilton. His press people need to go.

8. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #83 william, Jul 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    Don't you think you are exagerating and "milking it" at little bit ?
    We didn't witness Le Mans 1955, just a shunt following a racing incident, where the "injured party" extracted himself from the wreck !
    You never watch NASCAR?

fer312t likes this.
  9. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

Your post intimated something quite different !

10. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Do you think LH was actually on the wrong line into the corner and understeered into MV, he totally missed the apex point. Leclerc following those two was clearly in the correct place. Positioning your car at that point on the track, especially there as one of the fastest corners on the F1 calendar, forces the outside driver wide, he knew that. He repeated the same technique on Leclerc and forced him to make a mistake, thats what he intended with MV.

11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Cant disagree with most of that ,they were both well off the normal racing line of course.

12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Explain

13. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Yes they were both in the wrong place, with LH stopping MV taking the best line. It was a very clever (and technically brilliant) move on LH part and one the stewards punished because it led to a massive shunt. Had they not touched wheels MV would have ran wide.

Yet the stupid muppets missed the point when he did the same to CL but forced him wide. It should of resulted in a equal penalty to the first. Or is that just good racing craft!, Its OK if it pans out OK, but wrong if you screw up?

14. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Yes and world hunger would be nice to eliminate too. Let's all continue praying for that.

15. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

Read your original post back to yourself.

Perhaps you didn't read what you wrote.

16. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    I don't think people in the UK view the Union Jack in quite the same way as the US views the Stars and Stripes, but ... whatever.

PS. Did you check if he was flying it upside down?

william likes this.
  17. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I just read it, what are you talking about?

18. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    How dare he!!! :D

19. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    a) this qualifies as "being alongside"
    b) Max should have seen Lewis at this point.

TopspeedPT likes this.
  20. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    Max's crying is ridiculous! When he goes in "elbows out" in a corner, it's all OK. But when another driver doesn't yield to Max's aggressive driving, he cries and whines!
    Max needs to shut up, and realize he does the same thing all the time. Just this time Hamilton did not back off. An arrogant snot nosed Dutchman who needs to grow up!

Schultz, ginoBBi512, Terra and 2 others like this.
  21. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    william posting P&R. 30-day thread ban.

22. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau

Amazing

23. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    He saw him...but backed out later due to having the outside line then went to close the door, but Hamilton was still there.

Terra likes this.
  24. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Man stop playing on the internet

25. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I respect your F-1 knowledge and your passion. However my comments are not based on Hamilton as the person, but the actions of a world champion.

I don't think I'm milking it a bit at all. Watch the net flix film and when Antoine Hubert goes into the wall - Hamilton was like Oh F! ... and talked about it afterward. Here he is racing and he's actually involved in the accident that causes a guy to get a 51G impact... this is not a spin and break the wing off etc... that is a Major accident - just look at the damage to the car.... and he says nothing publically - other than it was hard racing? really? The Brit nationalism - I get it... but combine them together... very sour taste. I admired him as a driver and a "real" person.

but looking at the behavior .... maybe not so much anymore.

FYI : I don't ever watch NASCAR - only been to One race in my life, and stayed 45 min. ( talked to Richard Petty for 15 min, and left).