FORMULA 1 PIRELLI BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2021 - SILVERSTONE - THE RACE - ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀. | Page 23 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI BRITISH GRAND PRIX 2021 - SILVERSTONE - THE RACE - ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀.

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jul 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Deliberate move.

2. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Big difference is in austria they didn't touch, and there was an actual ''alongside'' between the two.

+1

Anyone with 5 minutes racing experience knows that in Copse you don't simply sling it inside and get away with it. Especially when you're nowhere near the apex. He was always going to run wide. The audacity he has to say he was ''ahead'' is beyond me. Years of racing ahead against no one hasn't done his race craft any favours.

Now we're talking!

4. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Ferrari got spanked, as usual, It was a racing incident. MV needs to be like Alain Prost, its that simple, a second place would have been just fantastic, he should have let Lewis by, and re passed when Lewis tires started to shred. The youngsters have the skill, but not the mindset it seems, thats the difference. Anyhow, the Merc is so far ahead of the pack, its almost pathetic, same as Ferrari in the Schumi era, makes for boring F1 at best . It was not at all important for MV to be ahead on the first lap, there are 51 more to go, bad judgement, almost took him out for the season. One team, one driver, thats all the field have to go against LH, its pathetic to say the least . Im only watching because Im routing for MV, it would be so good for the sport if we can have a new champion, God only knows gentlemen.

Thank you

5. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    As drawn, Lewis is alongside Max. Something denied by the lewis haters.

gh0st0 likes this.
  6. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    But Bas, Toto could do the same with the teams that have Merc supplied engines. Let's see, Aston, Williams, McLaren.

I miss the days of good, hard racing.

Bas likes this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I will take it silver Mercedes like ur favorite driver lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Take less risks? Max is a proper racing driver that is paid to race. He was in the lead doing everything well. It was great racing until Hammy punted him off.

RobertJRB, fil, stavura and 2 others like this.
  9. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #559 Mark(study), Jul 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    Ham (now with 99 wins and 100 poles) has been risk adverse in the first part of the season trying to protect his lead until it slipped away. Max (with 15 wins and 8 poles) had his way with Ham bullying him around but now Ham has nothing to protect by playing cautious and has switched to challenger mode.

Max needs to get use to Lewis as the aggressor who will not back-off going forward. Max's days of Ham playing safe and giving him extra room are over. Toss two aggressors into a race and you will have wrecks but you will also have better racing.

Senna famously said that he would put his car in a position that you either wreck or back-off, once Senna saw that you would back-off he had you for the rest of the season.

PS - I think this needs to be updated

Attached Files:

10. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Yes.

11. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    maybe hamilton is also a scientologist....just to add to his unfavorable traits....

furoni and Bas like this.
  12. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008

Did purple head ever have the intention of getting to the apex? Was it just a matter of looking at the wrong place at speed? Or did he not want to give any room deliberately ? SLOW mo at 40 seconds

fil, JJ, jgonzalesm6 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He's at least a full car widths away from the apex. As the overtaking driver, It's up to Lewis to make a safe pass.

The bs penalty sets a nasty precedent.

14. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Watch Leclerc line just after. Purple Helmet had the red mist. Its not a sprint.

15. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Personally I think Lewis knew exactly what he was doing. Did he think Max would go off the track hard like he did? Doubt it..but he did dump him.

ricksb and absostone like this.
  16. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Rare amateur move from Hamilton, he should have gotten a stop and go and not a time penalty. He missed the apex by a mile and straight punted Max off, who had left plenty of room. Those saying Max was in any way at fault are, frankly, blind. I'm not a big Verstappen fan or Hamilton hater, but that was 100% on Lewis and not a small mistake, but a desperate lunge.

Great drive from Charles, he was class of the field on the mediums, but they seem to be able to get one compound to work per race weekend and not two. Exciting to see a Ferrari lead most of the race for the first time in a couple of years.... So far this season has been a lot better than I was expecting, especially given the focus on 2022. If you told me we'd have a couple of poles and podiums and even a decent sniff of a win after pre season testing I'd have laughed at you. The sprint race was exciting, Alonso still can race, no question. He just needs a good car.

sammysaber, gh0st0, stavura and 5 others like this.
  17. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”

Senna

18. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I agree with that, but Purple Helmet Should of waited, If it was Opposite and it was Max on the inside the whole thread would be about immature Max and all his contacts blah blah.

19. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

It can’t be never his fault though .
    Got use ur Brain sometimes: I.e Ocon incident.
    U saying then the professor Alain Prost wasn’t a proper racing driver then? Because he knew when to just score points and be WDC.
    I wish max the best but for now I appreciate his talents but I’m absolutely not a fan of his, although here he wasn’t at fault as deemed by the steward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Sebastian Vettel #5 on Twitter: "Wondering what Seb has been up to after today's race? At an event that he organized, he gathered together with a group of fans to pick up litter from the grandstands! Such an amazing move from Seb, who once again, takes actions to raise awareness and not just words. https://t.co/rbhwRd6RmI" / Twitter

Vettel organized an F1 event after the race, here he is seen cleaning up all the rubbish the fans left behind! Very nice to see a driver that speaks out about issues to actively getting involved instead of just virtue signaling about it.

Isobel likes this.
  21. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    i think that’s a pretty accurate read of the situation. While Hamilton conceded Max’s aggression when he was leading the chase, he is now aggressive as well as the trailing driver. I think most of the analyst videos I’ve watched have reached the same conclusion. It wasn’t just about Max being aggressive, Lewis was as well. With both having everything to gain and lose, I don’t think we’ll see Massa/Hamilton II the rest of the season.

Mark(study) likes this.
  22. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I agree. I think he took exception to Max’s previous blocks and decided not to concede again. Didn’t plan for the heavy off, but he wasn’t going to concede another pass attempt.

Terra likes this.
  23. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    ktu likes this.
  24. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    That is .100 of a sec in time at 180 mph approaching cops. Dont believe everything you see for your beloved angel

25. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    The same Jos who has perpetrated violent behavior towards both his own father, and Max's mother?