Just bought my first Ferrari | FerrariChat

Just bought my first Ferrari

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by robertcope, Jul 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robertcope

robertcope Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Robert B. Cope
    Howdy,

Long time car guy, first time Ferrari owner. Well, technically, I don't own it quite yet, but I won a BaT auction, have paid the seller, and am working on getting the car transported to me, so.... hopefully I am not jinxing anything by posting here.

Here's the auction: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1985-ferrari-308-gts-quattrovalvole-13/

And more pictures from the last time the car sold: https://www.fantasyjunction.com/sold/1985-ferrari-308-gts-quattrovalvole-1/photos

Being completely honest, I wasn't really in the market for a 308. I had been looking a few months ago, but my wife wasn't real excited about it. I don't know why she agreed to let me bid on this one, but she did. I figured I'd give it one shot. I guess I'm a good shooter. I honestly expected the bidding to go higher, so imagine my surprise when I won.

I have a few other cars already: a 1992 Acura NSX, a 1999 Lexus SC400, and a 2001 Honda S2000. The NSX just got back from a full repaint and looks amazing:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

The SC400 is actually my track car. I know, weird choice given the choices, but trust me, it is amazing. It needs more power -- only ~275hp right now -- but I've got a motor commissioned that should resolve that. A 4.0L V8 screaming at 8500 and making 350-400hp should be entertaining!

I will probably sell the S2000 once the 308 arrives. It's fun, but I just don't use it much. And I cannot imagine it will get more use now. Someone else should enjoy it.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to learning more and being a part of this group,

robert

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Congrats and enjoy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. AndreB

AndreB Karting

Jun 8, 2018
    HTX
    Full Name:
    Ndr
    Congrats Robert! Let’s go vroom vroom

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

robertcope likes this.
  4. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Welcome and congrats!
    You obviously like red and about time you acquired one example of the reddest car brand ever. You are going to fall in love with the 308.

Even the most exotic F car has trouble creating the joy that a 308 brings.

robertcope likes this.
  5. robertcope

robertcope Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Robert B. Cope
    I do love red, that's a fact :) And so far, I am loving the 308. It's different enough from the NSX that I don't feel like I bought competing vehicles, if that makes sense.

Attached Files:

Mmckee likes this.
  6. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    I have owned 3 NSX’s and 7 308’s in my years.

World of difference. NSX is a great friend, 308 is a great lover.

robertcope likes this.