Future Values of Low Mileage F430s | FerrariChat

Future Values of Low Mileage F430s

Discussion in '360/430' started by TheBigDot, Jul 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheBigDot

TheBigDot Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael
    My first Ferrari purchase was back in 2007. It was an F430 Spider. Three Fcars on, I still have great memories of that car. I am contemplating purchasing one with low miles and similar specs as the one I first purchased. However, I am viewing the purchase more as the start of a collection rather than to drive it (I have my 488 for that). I am curious what the best sources of vehicle deprecation and appreciation exist so I can see where this vehicle is on the curve and figure out if it might make a good investment.

2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    F430 investment = no
    Collection = maybe?

Ferrari Market Letter for pricing.

Bob in Makiki, JSP, hessank and 2 others like this.
  3. TheBigDot

TheBigDot Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thats probably a better way of putting it, more of a collection car. I am not fussed about its future value. I just do not want to overpay. That said, it seems manuals are going for a significant premium over automatics.

E60 M5 likes this.
  4. TheBigDot

TheBigDot Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael
    In reviewing the market, I am simply shocked at how the asking price for a manual can be upwards of 100% the asking price of similar spec'd automatics. Where $150,000 would get you a nice F430 Spider auto, $300+ is the ask on manuals. I understand the desirability of the manual, but wow is that a jump.

5. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    To me a better collector car would be the CS, from this type model era, even over a manual.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i bought my 430 spider f1 in 07. $278kK sticker. it has 3900 miles today. red/tan, equivalent to a 100 point car. i would not take $175k for it.

7. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    E60 m5- how bout scud vs cs for upside?

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Cs. Way fewer and its just a better experience on the street.

E60 M5 likes this.
  9. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    ^this

10. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Data driven analysis. Albeit, I believe he only has listed prices, not the sales figure. Please correct if not the case.

He also does a video on the 360.

ross, TheBigDot and one4torque like this.
  11. F430Bill

F430Bill Karting

Apr 21, 2021
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I have been watching the market for F430s for a while and can state that the prices were much lower 2 years ago and that appears to be the bottom of the depreciation curve and it is not on an uptick. In fact, I would estimate that the prices are up by about 25% compared to the low mark

For example, you could have bought a nice F430 spider for $125k two years ago and 6 months ago that was probably $150k and now $175k.

In your situation, if you find a nice car, it will simply be what the owner wants to sell it for. I personally think the price for a gated F430 is ridiculous, but there are lots of people going crazy for those cars even at $300k.

Cars are rarely good investments and often times it is super skill or super luck that produces huge gains for an owner.

When I bought my 6,200 mile F430 F1 Spider Rosa/Tan for $140k, my goal was to own the car and hope to break even if I decide to sell or take a little loss. Currently, I could sell for a nice profit, but I like the car more than making $25k or so in profit.

12. TheBigDot

TheBigDot Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael
    His videos are well done, and show where the trends are.

13. TheBigDot

TheBigDot Karting

Apr 27, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I never purchase a vehicle for investment purposes. They are emotional purchases. However, I would not want to purchase a vehicle priced at the top of the market only to see significant depreciation. There seems to be a significant market bubble with cars at the moment, consistent with market bubbles in other asset classes. Good time to sell, not a good time to buy.