ortega hwy... public service announcement!! | FerrariChat

ortega hwy... public service announcement!!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by marknkidz, Jun 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    Dont go!! its a mess!! road construction just about from top to bottom. Dirt, rocks, dust all over road! not to mention the never ending line of gravel trucks!!

So bad, didnt come home that way, took the freeway instead!! suppose to go till 2025 i think i read.

ginoBBi512 and C4YES like this.
  2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    ??? Must be something very recent ?

I've been "doing it" fairly regularly (every couple of months or so) for several years and haven't experienced any notable issues*, but it's been few weeks since I was there last time and I usually do only the section between Lake Elsinore and USFS Fire Station.

Fortunately for me, I have similar distance access to many other great driving routes, including 2, 18, 38, 74 (between Hemet & Palm Desert), 138, 243 and 330, to name a few.
    I try to do at least couple of them each month.

Just did the 2 (ACH) this past weekend, 74 (Hemet to Palm Desert and back) couple of weeks ago, 74 (Lake E. to USFS Station and back) few weeks earlier ...

* Other than usual "Sunday drivers" who don't know how to drive, let alone operate motor vehicles on public roads to begin with nor have courtesy to let those who do, get past them. :rolleyes:

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  3. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
  4. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    That sucks, I was just over there a couple months ago, and it was fine, from SJC to Elsinore , this must have just started recently. I dont know why they are even doing anything, it was repaved several years ago, and it was just fine, I dont get it ?? I was on one of my Ducatis with a couple other guys , we had no issues .

Thank you

5. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    Just google Ortega hwy. construction.. youll see the plan is to increase lane width to 12' ea. and add 4' of shoulder... As well as adding RUMBLE strips on edges of each lane as well as CENTER to try to prevent lane/apex crossing of lanes.... it shows which days/weekends hwy. will be closed.

6. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Just googled and according CalTrans aforementioned construction appears to have nothing to do with the "fun" part of the Ortega Hwy proper.
    It seems to be related only to South OC suburbia developments.
    No affect on me.

7. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    Timo... you are probably correct!! but for me coming up from Orange county, miles of debris and rocks, and dirt and dust being flung up was NO FUN!! if it doesnt bother some, than awesome!! just thought F-guys should be aware. If your coming up from the Elsinore area, than ya have no issue.

TTR likes this.
  8. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Well, I do feel a bit sorry for OC leisure car drivers/owners for this, especially when you don’t seem to have that many nearby roads for “fun” to begin with and looks like this construction is expected/scheduled to last several more years. :(

marknkidz likes this.
  9. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    It opens at 5am, first car thru would be fun :)

10. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    Mike - I was concerned by the same thing!

11. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    According to CalTrans info, the construction is schedule to continue until 2025, but affecting only the western end of 74, i.e. widening it through suburban developments of Southern OC.
    OTOH, if the FCA "Run" starts somewhere in that area, construction may have slight impact, at least for first few miles, which wouldn't be that exiting anyway, even without the construction.

12. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    Ok - thanks for the information. Glad to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk