Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 49 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I see nothing in Robert's post that violates the letter or spirit of the rules here. He's not saying YOU look like a poodle in that outfit. THAT would be a violation of the rules, unless of course, you ARE a poodle.

Robert is an incredibly even handed moderator here, to think otherwise simply means you've spent no time thinking about it and just hate on mods BECAUSE they're mods.

Don't like that he's not a part of the Hamilton love fest? That's ok, not that he seems to be a part of the Hamilton haters club, either. But to dump on him simply because he's a mod is uncalled for, and borders on a personal attack, which IS against the rules.

D

2. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    #1202 Terra, Jul 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    That’s 375 MM PF Spider #0460 AM, the final 375 MM PF Spider built. Sold new to Willametta Keck Day. Still belongs to the Keck Day family.

Rumor has it that it was finished in the not-most-attractive of color combinations of yellow with a green interior at Enzo’s behest because he wasn’t exactly happy about such a car going to a woman.

furoni and 375+ like this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Wow seems YOU not me spent way more time over thinking this. It’s like if I were offended because I’m called Napoleon (I’m not) and that’s way more an attack lol.
    He actually Handled things with class and didn’t seem to be needing help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I've never been a fan of "high fashion". I've always considered that title to mean the designers are on something when creating their looks.

LH, beyond being a driver, is also part of that world and wears stuff that promotes specific designers (and I'm certain he's compensated to do so). He's a very public figure with a lot of followers and a lot of influence, so this is what happens. Still, I get the point about the outfit, but it's not made for old farts like me.

5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
  6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Lewis's fashion sense goes against traditional fashion sense.

I personally don't like his fashion sense...but Lewis is different.

Leclerc's fashion sense I like.

7. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    All the more reason that no one should be surprised by criticism of his “fashion sense.” I expect he’s just building a wardrobe for his post-racing career as DJ Louie....

8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Like the previous poster said, my daughters love his "style". Mine, um, not so much lol.

All good...variety is the spice of life.

9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    g

Would you also approve of a referee backing one side ?

I

10. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    That’s a very weak analogy. If you’d like to delete it to save embarrassment I’ll do the same.

furoni likes this.
  11. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Lewis just can't get enough attention.

Bas and ktu like this.
  12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Fchat loves this guy

13. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Guaranteed, if someone from Ferrari dressed like a dope, we'd be happy to dump **** on them, too. It just seems Ferrari's drivers have more sense than that.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Well, ok, maybe not so much . . .

D

E60 M5 and ktu like this.
  14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

In F1, I am only intersted in the racing, a little bit about the technology and the contracts side of F1.

Really I couldn't care about the rest, the gossips, the fashion sense or musical taste of drivers.

15. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Leclerc is sporting the 80's McEnroe look there.:D

furoni, Terra and dm_n_stuff like this.
  16. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Then why, oh why, are you yapping about a moderator making a comment about WHAT Hamilton is wearing??:confused:

If it doesn't matter, then it doesn't matter. But, seems to me you're saying it DOES matter to you by your implication that the mods here are not impartial arbiters.

D

stavura, Bas, Picchu88 and 6 others like this.
  17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Sorry, but I am not "yapping", just observing that the moderator added his support to Hamilton detractors.

Nothing more.

18. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Is that Leclerc and Sainz? Carlos doesn't get much screen time...

19. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I spend a lot of time reading in F1, less posting and have always respected your additions to the F1 section.
    Sorry, but now you have lost me on this one.
    I did nothing to support detractors, merely commented on a picture.
    If I had said "Jack, I agree what a crappy outfit", that would be supporting detractors.

stavura, Bas, sammysaber and 2 others like this.
  20. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    That isn’t what he did. Posting something that might appear to comport with someone else’s opinion is not necessarily the same as “ add[ing] his support.”

Back on topic (such as it is), someone opined that LH is probably representing a fashion line for a fee, which is certainly his right. But why would a man of his stature, worth hundreds of millions, make a spectacle of himself to do so just for a few more pounds in his Swiss accounts? Why not a representation deal with a firm like Brioni or Kiton or Cucinelli? Yes, yes, I know those brands may not appeal to younger men, but with LH as a brand ambassador perhaps they could be inspired to dress like gentlemen.;)

Bas likes this.
  21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

OK, I probably over-reacted. This is not really important in the great scheme of things.

E60 M5 likes this.
  22. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    That wouldn't be supporting detractors, IMO. That would be expressing your opinion on his outfit. This isn't Sharks vs. Jets here (or shouldn't be at least) and you don't need to analyze who might be triggered by every little comment lest you start a rumble.

Honestly, if folks don't want to hear the other side of a discussion, why start/participate in a thread at all? (Especially one so inconsequential to the real world as this!)

Bas, E60 M5 and Jack-the-lad like this.
  23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I admit not knowing much about fashion, which is of no interest to me whatsoever, so most of what you said has gone right over my head.

I assume Hamilton endorses the things he likes.
    I give him credit for being unconventional, it's part of his personality, I suppose.
    It's quite acceptable to look excentric in Britain, something that would make people cringe in other countries.g

E60 M5 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  24. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    No doubt.

25. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Hammy is a brand ambassador for Tommy Hilfiger. So maybe they pick his clothes??? I don't know.