Leonardo Diagnostic Clone | FerrariChat

Leonardo Diagnostic Clone

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mikeferrari2000, Jul 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mikeferrari2000

BANNED

Dec 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    mike ferrari
    Is anyone aware of a clone adapter and the full dealer Leonardo diagnostic?

I have the Porsche Piwis clone adapter and software along with many others such as Cat ET they all work, clear codes, and relearn ECMS and can reflash if you have the file. They only work in off line mode.

For any Karens concerned about cloned or pirated software there have been several lawsuits brought on fot the right to repair which Dealers are using proprietary software as a game to rip people off for uneeded expensive overcharged repair bills $6000 by one farmer with a John Deere combine and delays for a $20 magnetic sensor.

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    The closest clone is the x431 pros mini or full size

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

jag-oo-r likes this.
  3. Island Guy

Island Guy Karting

Feb 20, 2020
    Full Name:
    Island Guy
    Pathetic justification...

4. mikeferrari2000

BANNED

Dec 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    mike ferrari

LOL You are clearly some Nancy Boy that can't even change a tire.

For those that have mechanical ability we want to work on and repair our own cars which we own, not be at the whim and control of a rip off dealer that will do a hack job anyway.

5. mikeferrari2000

BANNED

Dec 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    mike ferrari

Can you do relearns for ECM controllers?

6. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    If you mean coding ..i believe if you buy the "legit" launch product it does coding online ..but i have never done it so maybe call launch USA and see

7. mikeferrari2000

BANNED

Dec 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    mike ferrari
    Relearns are not coding or changing programming ECU files, when you do work on a component or replace a part such as a clutch you do a relearn procedure for that components ECM such as the transmission. Its critical for the part controlled by the ECM to work properly.

8. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Buy the Autel Maxis. It does pretty much every thing you need. It does extremely well with the 360 on up to the 458. 488 and on words is still in the works. I have a Leo..full jam unit..and the Autel is my go to. Does great with those Masersti cars too.

However for the 456, 550, 355, 348, 512tr the Leo is the only tool I would suggest using.

It's a good investment all around because it does a ton of different cars.

9. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Which Autel Maxsys?
    I see them ranging from $500-ish to over $6000-ish.

10. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I believe it does the relearns as well

11. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Completely unnecessary.

Solid State and Nospinzone like this.
  12. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It's up to you how loaded you want the tool. Bi directional will be expensive. But the mid range units will let you bleed the clutch/actuator, check clutch wear, give you full data streams etc.. set PIS.

13. mikeferrari2000

BANNED

Dec 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    mike ferrari

I appreciate the info but back to my original question looking for a clone for the LEO, I got a exact duplicate or could be OE PIWIS adapter along with full Dealer PIWIS software for $500. Spending $2000 or $6000 for Autel or $20,000 for a full LEO is not reasonable since I am a hobbyist not a exotic repair tech.

If there were demand they could easily made the Clone adapter and get the software to work full Dealer perhaps the Ferrari market is limited and few owners work on the newer cars that need it to diagnose or do any repairs.

14. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You will not find anything remotely useful, even as a Russian clone for anything close to 500 bucks. At minimum expect to pay 1500 to 2k for a functioning clone of any use. Going cheap could result in massive expense down the road.

Nospinzone, mikeferrari2000 and 2NA like this.
  15. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Abusive and insulting. You've received expert advice and yet you demand something for nearly nothing while attacking members. Congratulations, you've earned the quickest ignore on FChat.

Nospinzone likes this.
  16. mikeferrari2000

BANNED

Dec 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    mike ferrari

Can you read or are you ignorant? I was attacked first and I simply stated the fact he is a Nancy Boy like you..

My question has been answered by those that have something of value to add. You are really a pathetic idiot to add your worthless comment look like a fool since you felt so compelled to ignore me while posting at the same time. LOL

17. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Starting off with an insulting tone. 1 day ban.

Personal attack. 1 day ban.

Insulting. 1 day ban.

Personal attack. 1 day ban.

Insulting and personal attack. 2 days ban.

Cumulatively, you have earned 6 days of a ban. Please be more amicable upon your return.

Regards,
    Andrew.

jag-oo-r and Nospinzone like this.