F355 Market | Page 270 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    about $8-9k for brand new rear bumper with reinforcement? I know if I was paying out of pocket for a job, I would be looking for used parts.

2. Cicio

Cicio Karting

Apr 14, 2021
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Nathan Cicio
    So what’s the deal with the CA spec? Any issue with registering in the US?

3. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    If repaired in 9/2020 I'm surprised an insurance co. wouldn't have totaled it.

4. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
    Some miss information regarding this silver car in several of the above posts. The CarFax does show the accident and the fact that it was reported to CF tells me insurance was involved. The car has a clean title because it was not declared a total loss by an insurance carrier. Remember the amount shown was Canadian and based on US dollars that did not really hit the threshold to declare a total loss. The fact the invoice shows the owner to be the payer of the loss may indicate the insurance company made the loss check payable to the owner or made the check out to both the owner and the body shop ( either of which is not uncommon depending on the insurance company). I think we need to fair to whoever owns this car and is looking to sell it.

ShineKen, jimmym and Pepsi10 like this.
  5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Good catch, good points. Safe to say if car was valued at $80k, a $54k repair bill would be a total loss? At $125-$150k, maybe not?

https://www.atfcu.org/limitations-with-vehicle-history-reports.htm

5) Used car dealers know the limitations of a Carfax report.
    Some dealers knowingly buy vehicles with mechanical problems, previous frame and accident damages, but have a "clean" Carfax report. They sell these damaged vehicles to unsuspecting buyers by showing a Carfax report with “no structural damage or accidents damage reported to Carfax”.

6. 911NBK

911NBK Karting

Jan 2, 2021
    I'm very familiar with this argento 355, and I can tell you there was no frame damage. I even spoke to the tech that fixed the car himself at ferrari of Ontario. Actually the body shop is a body shop that fixes all the caes for all the dealership the owner owns. That bodyshop is certified by ferrari to fix damaged cars.

One thing probably not known by most f chatters is the incredible abuse by dealers to inflate repair bills in ontario. I know this is an issue everywhere but it's out of control in ontario to the point that insurance costs for any vehicle is significantly higher than anywhere in the country. I think this car was definitely inflated from the pictures I saw from the dealer.

But that doesn't change the fact that now there is a 53k carfax that isn't going away. But what's interesting is that you see these older cars at body shops, that are "extremely valuable" and I've seen frames on these cars that are just completely hacked to pieces and no one seems to care. You can't help but wonder what's really worth what. It's scarcity the only reason? That 355 is a nice color combo, gated, and for the right price I would have bought it back in January. Some logic needs to be applied when looking at a potential purchase, carfax is a racket and they sometimes really mess otherwise decent cars up because some guy sends them info they don't check and then it takes a legal army for anyone to get that info changed.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

ShineKen likes this.
  7. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    All it takes to get a CarFax record changed is a phone call and proof. I did just that on a car recently.

8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Looking through the Carfax again, it seems all they did was report a rear end collision most likely reported by insurance. No frame damage reported. I didn’t see any mention of a $54k repair bill in it.

The seller on Pcar is the one who posted the invoice of the repair bill. Damage pictures don’t seem to match the bill, so any potential buyer will wonder if there’s any significant frame damage repair. I don’t believe any pics were posted with the bumper and grille off.

Lots of question marks on this car and I don’t believe a rushed format like an online auction is ideal for this type of situation. Buyers need to inspect in person. I also suspect many buyers saw it and did not want to pay their asking price because of its history. This auction could simply be a last resort to move away from the car … perhaps at less than initial asking. As mentioned earlier, I think this car will probably bring down the market “averages.” Diamond-handers… don’t fall for it :).

9. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky

$60k. :)

10. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    WOW! With 1/2 hour to go that BAT spider is at $99k. IMO, that's silly for that car.

11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    $10k jump on last bid? Shill bidder or simply a man fed up with missing out :)?

https://bringatrailer.com/member/grahim/

12. Pepsi10

Pepsi10 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2008
    InlandNorthWest
    Full Name:
    Mike M
    He bid on the garage queen from last week on BaT. The one that had not had an engine out since 2004. I think he didn’t want to miss out again? Or bid strong to discourage others? Not sure.

ShineKen likes this.
  13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    $99k. STRONG price for that car. Market is still up :). Rising tide floats all boats?

Yassa likes this.
  14. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  15. 911NBK

911NBK Karting

Jan 2, 2021
    I had an issue on a car, they said there was a lean on it when there wasn't, it took for a Director at the heat office of the bank that supposedly had the lean on the car to three way call with me to get them to move on the file. Real nightmare for me, maybe Canada and USA are different I don't know. But altering accident information I just assumed would be a hard.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    "This is a re-list after the vehicle previously sold on BaT in June 2021 and the winning bidder failed to follow through with their commitment to purchase. This was not due to any fault with the vehicle. The winner has been banned from future participation on BaT and their buyer’s fee was not refunded."

17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    ... going back to what I had said a few pages back, if a transaction falls through, BAT is quick to relist for seller. If we do not see a relist, we have to assume deals are being done with both parties satisfied.

Yassa and carnutdallas like this.
  18. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I bet it was was a shill bid.
    Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Let's take a look :).

https://bringatrailer.com/member/fish_papi/

Failed shill bid attempt? Who knows for sure. Not sure if BAT charges the flaker 5% ($3850) or the full $5k. I'd imagine if they could instill a policy where a flaker pays a $10k penalty, that might discourage alot of nonsense shill bidding for cars sub $200k. Will also depend on how successful BAT is with retaining that fee from the credit card companies.

20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Fish_papi makes ZERO comments in the auction. Even when others were congratulating him. No response. Hmmmmmm. Fishy :).

21. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It was the seller, or someone working with him. I'd bet on it. Now he needs to clear enough to recover the penalty.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Why would it be $5k? BAT has many auctions that sell for under $20k. You're suggesting that someone who doesn't follow through on a sub $20k auction gets fined 25%.

23. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yassa and ShineKen like this.
  24. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    If it were up to me, 5% sub $50k, $50-100k $5k penalty. $100-200k $10k penalty.

People are paying real money for these auction results. This is not a game for shill bidders to play freely with minimal consequences. Shill bidders need to get laid out.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Id assume they charge $3850 and up to 5k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk