[599] Plastics under the windshield, under the wipers. | FerrariChat

[599] Plastics under the windshield, under the wipers.

Discussion in '612/599' started by IcemanWlkp, Jun 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IcemanWlkp

IcemanWlkp Karting

Oct 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marek Orli
    Hello, my plastics under the glass were already bent and slightly faded, I bought a new one. Now I have a question, do you also bend these plastics from ciapła? It seems to me that it is bent from the engine compartment. Although recently a stop on a sunny day also blew them. When they are bent in this way, the seal does not stick well to the glass and dirt and water can get in there. Can you send me a photo of these plastics, I would be grateful. I enclose my new ones when they are cold and the gasket is seated. I am delighted and thank you in advance for your response.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Makuono likes this.
  2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Your pics really show the issue with the vents too. Those tips bend as the dash leather shrinks and they eventually snap off. The vents aren't that easy to get and they are a real pain to replace.

3. IcemanWlkp

IcemanWlkp Karting

Oct 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marek Orli
    I mean the plastic parts on the outside with the gasket

4. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I see what you're about on the outside gasket. This the first time I've seen this.You need the answer from someone who has replaced this part. It's good that found a replacement.

5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Understood. I was pointing out another problem area that is very clear in your picture. The tips are clearly bending up and they do snap off.

And no, I haven't replaced that part on my car.

6. IcemanWlkp

IcemanWlkp Karting

Oct 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marek Orli
    #6 IcemanWlkp, Jun 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    I bought these elements new (3 pcs.) But after 3 days they start to bend again, especially in the sun. I would like to point out whether others also have this problem. And can anyone take a photo of their car with these elements and upload it here?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login