NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 126 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    I just find it funny if they discontinue the F8. Does everyone be really see that happening?

2. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    100%. The name says it all: Tributo, end of an era. The mid-engine line is now split between the $500k SF90 Stradale and the upcoming $300k F171. We''l know more in the next two days, but I don't see any other path.

My question is what happens with the Portofino/Roma line? The Portofino M keeps the V8, will there be a mid life Roma with a V8 or will it also have the V6 turbo/hybrid? Will the Portofino end with the Modificata and some sort of Roma convertible replace it?

We will see,

Rob

3. Thelovelyrock18

Thelovelyrock18 Karting

Feb 15, 2016
    Yeah, you are right, the shape is a bit different:p

4. B-side

B-side Rookie

Jun 6, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    Pretty extensively discussed here. But easy conclusion to arrive at from first principles: what other point on the price curve could a mid-engine V6 hit? Lower than F8 price? Then it’s in Roma or Portofino pricing. Cheaper than Portofino? No way, not going to hit margins, detrimental to brand prestige, and would cannibalize Roma/Portofino. Sitting alongside F8? Why… Sitting above F8? fat chance with a V6, but maybe for a year or so (doubtful). F8 is the culmination of a 12 year old architecture. That’s dinosaur level given pace of current automotive innovation. In any case as pointed out elsewhere.. F8 is literally named as a tribute to prior 8 cylinder engines.

5. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    What’s the betting this is just going to look like an SF90 that shrunk in the wash?

vij23 likes this.
  6. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Simple answer: NO!

7. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    Best Ferrari ever seen :cool::cool:

8. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Very excited: I'm trying to get thro to my dealer as I write to order it - but only if it comes with manual transmission of course !

9. 400GT4doors

400GT4doors Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Vigo, Spain
    Hey, do you want to play? Guess the name of the new car...
    Mine: Ferrari GTB6 Bologna

Jonathan19 likes this.
  10. renzone

renzone Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    lorenzo rossi
    Ferrari 368 Mugello, 3 liter displacement, 6 cylinders and 8 for 800cv of power, and a tribute to the Mugello circuit owned by Ferrari.

11. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Why not flip it, F836 Mugello that way it’s numerically “higher” than the F8 as I’m sure Ferrari wants it to seem as a better or more worthy car than the F8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

400GT4doors and renzone like this.
  12. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Yes, but no: the new « entry level » Ferrari can’t have a number name higher than the 812.

Maybe they’ll simply start with F6 Dino

Nicolas21 and 400GT4doors like this.
  13. renzone

renzone Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    lorenzo rossi
    I think the reasoning of not exceeding 812 numerically is right, as far as the name Dino is concerned, no, I will not give it up.

400GT4doors likes this.
  14. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Personally I find the term "entry level" a bit exaggerated, for me the "entry level" Ferrari is the Portofino M and certainly not the new V6.

I think that the media and others have made a direct link with the Mclaren Artura and its V6 which is really the entry level Mclaren.

Ferrari will not position this car as an entry level car but as a replacement for the F8.

Of course I may be completely wrong, but for me it doesn't make sense to say that the new Ferrari V6 will be an entry level Ferrari.

Senna1994, F140C and jpalmito like this.
  15. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Correct, this is not an entry-level car. For that price range, there's the Portofino M (and the Roma, too).

Jonathan19 likes this.
  16. renzone

renzone Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    lorenzo rossi
    In fact, ferrari has defined it as the entry level of the mid-engine. The media then associated LB with the Artura, which represents the new hybrid course of the "sport series" which replaces the 570s range etc. LB is the successor of the F8 and compares with the 720s and its successor, unless, the heir of the 720s is positioned in competition with the street Sf90. In any case, the media with the name Dino, which pops up as soon as the word Ferrari and 6 cylinders is put together, and Artura, in my opinion, did not understand much, they wrote only to make the news. We will see how it goes :)

OldBoatShoes and Jonathan19 like this.
  17. Killavata

Killavata Rookie

Jun 6, 2021
    Full Name:
    Killavata
    Artura is a pretty good name.

As for Ferrari , any name will be good if it's not Laferrari. Laferrari is one of the dumbest names I've heard lol

18. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    It’s a little over 24hours till we know everything yet we haven’t a clue about the name or a single leak of what the car looks like. This is a great feat by Ferrari since most launch events get leaked prior to the event itself. Then again, there are a couple of hours left...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

456-boy and Jonathan19 like this.
  19. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    I love the element of surprise, I hope Ferrari will manage to keep the surprise until the end.

F140C and 9nb like this.
  20. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    while we waiting for V6 let's look at old good era :

21. Senad

Senad Formula Junior

May 14, 2019
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Sanad Alibrahim
    just hope that when it is revealed, my comment will not have to be
    "i (still) miss the Pininfarina "

Senshi458 and 400GT4doors like this.
  22. pk328

pk328 Karting

Oct 16, 2003
    Nottingham, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    What I hope it will be: 500bhp, NA 3.0 V6 with a manual box, weighing 1200kg and measuring no more than 4400mm x 1850mm (173" x 73")
    What I think it will be: 800bhp, hybrid turbo 3.0 V6, DCT, 1600kg dry (so, 1,800kg on the road), 4500mm x 2000 mm (183" x 79")

Then again, I'm not a customer so my wishes are irrelevant.

babgh likes this.
  23. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I hope they reveal the actual car and not a rendering with 22” wheels and lowering springs.

Thecadster likes this.
  24. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    I find this really heavy for a "small" sports car.

Of course the hybridization of the cars plays a big part in this, but I really miss "The time" of the sports cars at -1300kg which had a kind of "purity" small, efficient, agile.

In short, the world is changing, right? There are good things about it but also bad things.

It's a bit off topic but that's why I love projects like the Aston Martin Valkyrie or the GMA T.50, these "Old School" projects with today's technology will create legendary cars.

It's just a shame that it costs such a fortune.... But as a car fan I'm thrilled that such a car exists.

Anyway I can't wait to see this new Ferrari it's always an event in the car world.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  25. lechevalcabre

lechevalcabre Karting

Oct 6, 2004
    Mourmelon Le Grand
    Full Name:
    Eric Pacheco
    The rear will be very interesting part of the car. I like very much the work of Flavio Manzoni and his team. For me, a Ferrari must have a beautiful and impressive rear.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login