458 - Does anyone have a 458 with a Scuderia Audio system? Help requested… | FerrariChat

458 Does anyone have a 458 with a Scuderia Audio system? Help requested…

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FerrariCognoscenti, Jun 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I have a 458 Italia with the Scuderia Audio system that includes the two front door Focal 6.5” speakers, two Focal tweeters, and rear 8” JL Audio subwoofer with JL Audio 400 watt VXI Amplifier…all bought from Scuderia Audio.

I have spent a LOT of time trying to get the equalizer settings setup on the JL Audio TUN computer program and just can’t get the settings right.

Does anyone here have a 458 Italia with the same Scuderia Audio system that has had the TUN software setup and could send me your JL Audio TUN configuration file (speaker time alignment and frequency equalization)?

Mike from Scuderia Audio despite selling a lot of these same systems does not have an already configured JL Audio TUN file with the equalizer settings already setup.

Thank you so much for any help. I can PM my email address to send the configuration file.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Anyone? Thanks

3. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    This might be a situation where it is well worth a car audio guy in your area tuning it. Use the iPad app, not on a phone - there are more settings that way. And what sounds good in another car might not necessarily work in yours.

4. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I’m no help here but I did have the same basic system (edit - the same Scuderia Audio system - thanks Mike!) installed in my previous F430, and had it tuned by the installer. Loved it and want to do it again in my 458 but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Please let us know what you end up doing and post some vids of it!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It is frustrating for me as getting my hands on some of these cars is like pulling teeth. In order to complete the initial R&D for a lot of these systems (i.e. 458, 488, 599, etc.) I had to make several trips (two hours driving, each way) to a couple of Ferrari auto wreckers and spend time in salvaged cars. As stated before, if anyone local to me with a 458 and/or 488 with my system installed would give me a couple of hours to sit in their car, I would absolutely program the perfect "tune" and make it available for free to anyone who wanted it.

6. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Can you contact people you previously sold these systems to and ask them to send you the config file?

7. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #7 SoftwareDrone, Jun 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    That's actually not a bad idea. I'll make some calls. I am running a Mosconi digital signal processor in my car. If anyone needs a tune file for a Mosconi, PM me.

Meanwhile, there are tons of JL Audio TUN software tutorials on YouTube. That's one of the reasons I sell the JL Audio and not the Mosconi DSP. The Mosconi is very finicky. If you don't connect the cables in the correct sequence, it will never connect to the PC, for example. And it will give you no indication of what is wrong. Also, the UI is very outdated. I would love to swap out my Mosconi for a JL Audio unit but between my day job and skyrocketing car audio system sales, I barely have time to eat, let alone play with my stereo.

8. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I’ll post some vids once I’ve got the TUN setup!

9. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have about ten calls out there. One guy sold his car, another guy still hasn't installed his system, another guy is also having troubles with his tune but just settled for a bad tune. I'm just surprised he didn't call me when he got stuck, I would have been more than happy to help him out. When I asked him what the problem was and he told me, it was a very simple problem with a very simple fix.

I am determined to obtain a tune file for everyone. I should probably step up my timeline to replace my Mosconi DSP with a JL Audio standalone DSP (as it uses the same software) but again, I am just buried with orders right now. Besides, it would really behoove everyone with a DSP out there to just hump it out and get through the learning curve. Otherwise, if you need a change, you'll be stuck again.

JL Audio Tech Support is more than happy to walk anyone through any TUN software issue over the phone. For free. 1-954-443-1100.