NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 121 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK

Remains to be seen. Personally, I doubt it will materialise.

2. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Thing that always amazes me is how there is so much criticism and the car hasn't even broken cover yet. How can one be critical of a design they haven't seen?
    Rhetorical question.;)

3. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Dela, 456-boy and vij23 like this.
  4. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Should have been « fun » - and more accurate - indeed to see Marc Gene driving a LB mule!

Still 3 days to come. I remember on the « 812VS rumors » thread that the wait was horrible and terrific. I don’t feel that same feeling on the F171 thread, that might show how people can be scepticisme about the coming of a V6 engine. That’s a new era!! We have already lived that when passing from 512 to 550, from 458 to 488… but our passion is still the same for the Prancing Horse.

5. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Well said..plenty of changes, innovations and revolutions throughout all these decades, but one thing remains the same: passion.

6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    If they used a camo’d car, people would think it’s the real deal and OMG, could you imagine the comments! “Looks like an SF90, complicated, bloated apearance, opposite of sleek and sexy”... LOL.

adall, 9nb and jm2 like this.
  7. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Lol fair enough, sometimes I forgot most people aren’t as obsessed and don’t keep up with what’s happening like communities like Fchat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dela and ingegnere like this.
  8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    They used the F8 to signify that it’s the F8 replacement.

tekaefixe, 330i, Senna1994 and 6 others like this.
  9. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

What scares me about the new LB launch is that they had to tell me it’s “ fun to drive “. Like I probably couldn’t figure that out on my own ? It’s kinda like , you may not like it , but it’s “fun to drive “ . Call me crazy I guess.

10. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Oh, as this LB F171 is the entry into a new era… would it mean that a new subsection will be created on F-Chat?

Senna1994 and jm2 like this.
  11. graeme355

graeme355 Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2004
    I think the focus on "fun to drive" is to shift our attention away from the fact that the car will be heavier with possibly not much of a notable leap in power. The horsepower race can only go on for so long. I just wish they'd focus more on lightweight as much as technology. It affects everything.

12. vij23

vij23 Rookie

Mar 11, 2021
    EU
    Full Name:
    C.V.
    Indeed, my dream is that Ferrari one day resuscitates the millechilli project, a car under 1000 kg with Ferrari packaging and design would be timeless

SoCal to az, rpmtifosi and graeme355 like this.
  13. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    The Millechilli project sounds cool but I truly hope they bring back the Milli Vanilli project, they rocked!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sorry, just bored awaiting new information…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. vij23

vij23 Rookie

Mar 11, 2021
    EU
    Full Name:
    C.V.
    In case anyone is interested:

https://imechanica.org/node/7381

graeme355 likes this.
  15. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    #3015 red passion, Jun 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    I remember the Millechili concept. I wonder what happened to the Millechili Lab, is it still a thing and has it produced any considerable outcomes?

F140C, renzone and graeme355 like this.
  16. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I guess as soon as the LaFerrari design incorporated hybridisation the idea of 1000kg went straight out the window never to be seen again. Will take a long long time if ever until batteries are light & energy dense enough to get close. LaFerrari dry weight is supposed to be around 1,250kg so my guess is strip out the hybrid components it probably gets close but unlikely 1,000kg. Ferraris would have to be significantly smaller to hit this target. Park a Ferrari next to a Lotus and you’ll get the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Doug23, graeme355 and Napoli like this.
  17. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Well the Millechili Lab was set to study and design light-weight automotive chassis. Extra weight due to hybrid or not, you can always improve on the chassis site, so I see the Millichili Lab more as a kind of general institution focusing on bringing weight down. That's why I asked whether there are any result out of that. Maybe the LaF chassis profited from that.

graeme355 likes this.
  18. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    Fewer straight lines is all it needs. Another 60's car like you are thinking about perhaps.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Tony91505

Tony91505 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    So cal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Dela likes this.
  20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Since we don't live in the '60s, aero shapes the basic form of a car. Whether that's a good thing, depends on the tastes of the beholder. Not everyone likes such bubbly designs.

512tr1992 likes this.
  21. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    I think overt 'Dino redux' positioning/messaging will contain the criticism – provided the machine lives up to it, of course.

22. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    Oh, I don't think it'll matter to me what design they put on it. I was referencing what another member thought he saw under the camo.

23. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    For a company that makes high-end stunning cars you would think that Their multi-media: Graphic, Motion, UX/UI, Web/App Designers would be doing so much better than this trash. I have a Masters in Design and I can tell you my teenage kids could do better media content than this.

24. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    “She’s got a greeaaat personality!”
    :)

25. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    This image has been around over 6 months I think its a render from a sports car mag

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.