812 GTS production problem | Page 3 | FerrariChat

812 GTS production problem

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by woody byrd, Jun 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Get them to make it right. All they need are new front fenders with indentations for shields. Have them replace the wheels. Not sure why this is such a problem.

It's not like a wrong interior or wrong paint. It is fixable with parts they can get from the factory.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

BaronM69 likes this.
  2. BLACK CARS

BLACK CARS Rookie

Sep 23, 2016
    Just yesterday Porsche delivered a new Macan GTS to my wife and I after a six month wait - can't take a 488GTB or Portofino to Home Depot and load it with 15 bags of garden mulch. In any case, I have been involved with both Porsche and Ferrari for many years so I know both dealerships quite well. The Porsche dealer said that they were quite surprised that the car came in as ordered as every other one has arrived without some of the purchased items and even had standard items missing. The whole world supply chains screwed up. Wheels, seats, electronics and brakes are particularly hard hit on high end cars.

3. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    #53 Frank_C, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    “Cornuto contento” or “becco” is what we say in Italian.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Frank, since I dont speak Texas Italian, can you please say it in english, and elaborate on why you say that, since I smell something not friendly, I vaguely understand what cornutto means

5. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    It's more the "contento," which means happy- literal translation is a content cuckold. 'becco" is kinda like pussee whipped- the caricature is of a content cuckold being led around by a nose ring/leash. (And by nose ring I mean that of a couple of decades ago seen on a bull not the ubiquitous "pearcings" one sees today.)

I'm sure you have the same idiomatic expressions, with similar engrained caricatures in "your mind's eye" which sadly don't translate well.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. At least now you can buy a new car you don't want to eventually get the car you want .....in the old days you had you buy a used one.

willrace likes this.
  6. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    #56 woody byrd, Jun 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    The Dealer and I have reached an agreement on the wheels, BUT the shields seem to be a silent issue. I am very happy with the Dealer in general, so I am just living with it for now, and hoping I will like it without them. Its interesting that I ordered Black break calipers, because I didnt think the yellow looked as good as some combinations. Maybe it might actually look good. I hope so.

You know If I change the wheel center cap to black carbon fiber, It would not have any yellow?
    Hum, I wonder how that would look?

Thank you all for your kind and helpful comments. It should be here in time to make the Ashville FCA weekend.

Caeruleus11, F2003-GA and 456-boy like this.
  7. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I’m a lot like you. My default state is one of optimism and gratitude. Life is better looking through a “glass is half full” lens. That said, you are spending way too much money to not be 100% satisfied. Between the dealer and the manufacturer, you need to be made whole. Period. Full stop. I would not compromise an inch. I said it before, and I say will it again, at an absolute minimum, I would request shields, or even painted shields to offset the aggravation.

Boots and italiafan like this.
  8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    (Tried to PM you but couldn’t.) What is FCA Asheville weekend? Do I have to be an FCA member to show up and see what it is all about?
    Thanks.

9. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I would be very surprised that if Ferrari agreed to supply new fenders, they would precisely match the paint of the rest of the car, especially with a grey like Ingrid.

Gh21631 likes this.
  10. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    I have a feeling I know whom the OP's dealer is and even whom the salesperson is based on his experience and mine. I'm absolutely disgusted by both. I've had far better attention at motorcycle shops on $20k bikes. The service department there is no better, maybe even worse.

11. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Could also change it to silver to match the wheels.

12. ModerateMike

ModerateMike Rookie

Jul 21, 2017
    NC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That’s crazy, Woody. I hope you wind up loving the car. I don’t think we’ll make Asheville, but hopefully we’ll see you around soon.

13. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Yes, the silver centre caps look good against silver wheels.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    If it’s foreign cars Italia they are a total **** show.

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    My dealer had a GI Lusso delivered in 18 with missing shields. They made it right no questions asked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. woody byrd

Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
  17. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I was concerned something like this would happen with my car. Fortunately it didn’t, but I was told by my SA at my dealer it ‘never’ happens.

If you were looking for votes of confidence, it looks great no shields and with the TDF wheels. How you want to handle it is up to you, but I’d be angling for a corsa pilota spot lol

Thecadster likes this.
  18. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike

John Player Special livery.

Mike

19. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Is that why he sold it? I think his relationship w/ the dealer is over since he sold it at another dealership.

20. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Good luck on part exchange with no shields, 99/100 will want them regardless of merits. I agree the babes are very Fiat 500 - get painted done as a sorry.

21. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Badges not babes

22. woody byrd

Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    I am curious when people say "They Say Make it Right"? Since the shape for the shields are Stamped into the fender, What is the solution. Take the fenders off and send them back for stamping and repainting? Same said for hand painting? Shields $1600 hand painting $14,000. Might be as cheap to fly the lady that paints them to the USA. For the moment, I ask the Dealer to order the Factory Black Center Caps. Since the Brake Calipers are Black, it might actually look good for a change. I am going to wait for the car to arrive since there is the slightest possibility the factory picture is not my car. At this point there has been NO conversation for a solution to the shields from the Dealer or Ferrari. I'm certainly not going to refuse the car, as long as I have been waiting. **** Happens.

Boots, Thecadster and Caeruleus11 like this.
  23. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Beautiful car, please post more pictures when it arrives.

24. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Making it right depends mainly on you. The wheels are easy, the shields are not. There are several core options as I see them:
    • Insist on a different car. This is probably a non-starter. I wanted almost 2 years for my 812. I doubt I could have waited for another 2 years.
    • Have new fenders with proper shields be sent to you and exchanged. This should be easy enough. They simply send replacement fenders.
    • Have new fenders with painted shields be sent to you and exchanged. This would largely be about offsetting your “pain and suffering”.
    • Take the car as it sits. The car is certainly incredible as is.
    The bottom line, is that for the dollar amount that you have invested, you need to be 100% satisfied. Ultimately, the burden of responsibility falls on either your dealer, or Ferrari. Someone crapped the bed. It’s really that simple. Dig in, draw a line in the sand, be respectful and courteous, but also be implacable about getting what you want.