FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2021 - Le Castellet...QUALIFYING...... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀ | Page 6 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 EMIRATES GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2021 - Le Castellet...QUALIFYING...... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jun 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    73 front row lock outs since 2014.

Good luck proving it wasn't the car, genius.

kes7u, fil, ingegnere and 4 others like this.
  2. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    Lol, nice find on those statistics. After all that’s the only thing important as we all know ;)

jpalmito and Bas like this.
  3. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Correct.
    But I was talking about gap size with team mates.
    Forgot to mention Albon.

Meanwhile Bottas was getting some poles

Perez doing a decent job so far

Bas and jpalmito like this.
  4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah look at Rosberg and Bottas career stats, both are tied for most poles, wins and championships Looool!!!!!! You are a genius!

5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    The reality that you refuse to see is that if Max had been Lewis’s teammate from 2018, Hamilton would still hold 4 world champion titles right now..

SimCity3 and Bas like this.
  6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    #131 ktu, Jun 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    The reality that you refuse to see is that if Alonso had been Schumachers teammate from 02 Schumacher would still hold 4 championships right now

7. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Stats are what the “Lewis is the GOAT” believers use to promote that belief.

We all know Lewis is good and a driver needs a good car to win races but no other driver—NO ONE—has ever had a car so dominant for so long that made raking up stats so easy.

:) MAD magazine, LOL, in their spoof of “Grand Prix” summed up well the need for a car to win a race:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bas, Picchu88 and SimCity3 like this.
  8. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    You missed my point…I’m not saying that the Red Bull isn’t a great car, it is, but it’s not materially better, or in my opinion even better than the Mercedes. Max wrings every ounce of performance out of that car, which is what has made him competitive with the Mercedes package (Lewis and the car). Any other driver in that Red Bull wouldn’t be beating Lewis. They’ve had four different teammates and not one is regularly within a half second of Max. Maybe they’re something unique that Max has as a driving style that just meshes, but I don’t think I’m wrong on the facts. I’m not saying Max is a god, or that Lewis isn’t a great driver…just re-read the above, methinks it’s true.

Nortonious, Picchu88 and Bas like this.
  9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

unfortunately apparently saying that Lewis isn't the greatest automatically translates to ''he sucks''. As does saying that Merc (factually) had the fastest car for 8 years, apparently translates to ''Lewis sucks''.

I also fully agree with your statements RE Mercedes car and RBR car.

Nortonious and Picchu88 like this.