NHL 2021 season | Page 8 | FerrariChat

NHL 2021 season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheMayor, Dec 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Should be an exciting game tonight, I have no doubt that building in Vegas will be rocking. This is the best series so far, hands down. Fast paced and exciting.

2. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Well, that’s not exactly saying much. EVERYONE has those games against the Leafs. :D

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  4. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lololol

5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    too bad islanders lost captain anders lee for rest of year. wouldve helped v tampa.
    anyone know why they are always trying to leave nassau colliseum when its always sold out and players love it?

7. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I'm officially on board the Vegas train! This team plays hard and is easy to like. Plus, I'll root for anyone playing against Montreal!!

TheMayor likes this.
  8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    We roll 4 lines. The fourth line got 2 goals last night while the others bottled up Mackinnon.

9. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Vasilevskiy makes two mistakes and the Islanders take the lead over Tampa. Both of those goals 5 hole. Surprising.

10. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    why did i suffer with nets instead of islanders? and why where they on simultaneously! i hate being sports fan

11. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky

12. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    First 10 minutes didn't look too good. After the first goal (which was a beautiful set play on the faceoff) Montreal looked a bit rattled. Once again Fleury to the rescue when needed. Price played really well though. It could have been much worse.

Right now Montreal are no Avs. Last night's game probably was their easiest victory of the playoffs. But the Suzuki line looks very impressive and what can you say about Price?

14. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky

15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have always said NHL playoffs is all about goaltending. Price was solid vs Tornonto and Winnipeg. And he was solid again last night and will be the entire series vs Vegas. But Vegas also has a goaltender. So my opinion is the goalies wash each other out, and the difference is Vegas has much more offense than Montreal.

TheMayor likes this.
  16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Is it my imagination or does Tampa Bay and the Islanders not like one another. :)

Seems they went into their own private OT just to kick each other's azz around a bit more than the game.

17. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
  18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    We got our asses kicked for 2 periods, tried to fight back, but ran out of time.

No one said this would be easy. Price made some awesome saves again.

19. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Danault gave a face off clinic. Weber a defensive machine. Price is still locked in. VGK is going to have a hell of a time with this Canadians team...

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Tampa is having its problems with NY also. When you get to this level, everyone is playing well. Losing Stephenson just before the game really hurt tonight. It scrambled 2 lines, not just one.

21. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    That's a riot.

I am a Lightning fan since I moved from DE to FL 20 years ago. Course if the grace of God the Flyers rise from the dead I will pulling hard for my past home team. Loyal to home team forever. But I only watch the playoffs. Can't remember when the Flyers got anywhere in post season.

So...I want Kucherov and Point hoist the cup for the win. And for some reason I don't want the Vegas Knights to win. The Habs are the real underdog in the playoffs. Coming back from a 3-1 deficit against the Maple Leafs and the lowest seed of the playoff teams here they are going toe-to-toe with the 2nd seed in the playoffs. Beating the Avalanche so easily proves how good the Knights are. I just want the Canadians as underdog to come in second to the Lightning.

JAM1 likes this.
  22. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Beating the Ava so easily? Which year?

Also, coming back 3-1 to the Leafs is nothing to get excited about. Being down 3-1 to the Leafs is a huge concern.

23. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    The Ava and the Knights both had 82 points for the season. The Knights blew past Ava in 4 games after going down 0-2. While maybe it wasn't easy they did put away the top seed in 4 straight games. Impressive. I watched how Vegas deflated the spirit of the Avalanche players in the last two games.

The Leafs with 77 were better than anyone in their division. Lowly Montreal had 59....ranking 18th in the league. To me that defines an underdog. With a barely winning record and beating the #1 Leafs and #3 Jets [sweep] is impressive. They play a different style of hockey than the more successful teams.

24. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    But now the Habs have to play without their head coach taken away by a CV test. They will be without their leader for the rest of the series. No way will the Habs will reach the finals.

25. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #200 TheMayor, Jun 18, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    In this playoffs Fleury has given two of his worst goals of his career. The question is-- can Vegas bounce back on Sunday?

Missing Stevenson is really hurting. Pietrangelo is playing fantastic. The Stone line is dead.

My guess is Deboer will put in Lehner on Sunday, which will probably be a mistake. If they lose on Sunday they have to win 3 straight.