360 - Radio upgrade suggestions | FerrariChat

360 Radio upgrade suggestions

Discussion in '360/430' started by ketel, Jun 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    Gang,

My '03 360 Spider still has the stock Becker radio and 6 CD changer in the frunk. The vehicle was also ordered with the "upgraded" hi fi from Ferrari as an option. Finally, a PO installed a JL Audio amp in the frunk and an aftermarket woofer behind the seats configured into a panel and color coded to make it look factory.

I might not have done all this aftermarket stuff, but I might as well enjoy it so I am thinking of upgrading the Becker radio to something else to maximize the Ferrari stereo option and the aftermarket setup.

I hear Alpine's CDE 1775 is a good unit for the 360. Any other suggestions?

Finally, has any of you removed the silly CD changer in the frunk and done something more interesting with that carpeted space? Seems like a waste of weight to have the CD changer there. Thanks you guys.

ketel

View attachment 2717299

2. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    If you are looking to keep the Ferrari stock look the BE 6112 does have SW crossovers. Made a huge difference after I put in the Scuderia audio super amp.

Schmidty23 likes this.
  3. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    I'm not concerned with keeping the "stock look." IMO, it's better to get the best head unit suited to the 360 that can leverage all the capabilities of the sound system. I will keep the old Becker deck in the event I ever sell the 360 and the next owner is really concerned about that level of originality. I doubt it. Those head units were crap and I can't imagine anyone wanting a working CD player from a 20 year old head unit when new models are so much better in every conceivable way. It's like insisting on using a 2003-era Nav system in your car when there is now Waze and Google Maps and everything else.

Besides the Alpine 1175 that I was recommended, is anyone happy with their head units?

ketel

4. Sj_engr

Sj_engr Formula 3

Sep 15, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    dc
    Sky is the limit then. Swap all the speakers and get amps go with flip out unit and have a blast.

one4torque likes this.
  5. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    Windows down and a cs exhaust is my radio

Mimmo Blue likes this.
  6. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    @SoftwareDrone contact for any info on what can be done with the stereo.

one4torque likes this.
  7. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Installed Pioneer AVH3500 NEX in my 360 spider. Apple Car Play, 7" screen etc.
    My install was easy. Ferrari already had an old high end stereo install, MB Quart, Focal etc. Plug and play for me.

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i use one of these in my 430 and 360