FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX...2021...RACE...... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄ | Page 25 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX...2021...RACE...... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jun 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
  2. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Wasn’t you who so vehemently claimed that Lewis “forgot” to switch off the brake magic just before the standing restart?

3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Max has to know teams take risk and push the limit with all items for an advantage. Pirelli investigated and provided the results. Not much more to offer but I think there was no major problem or conspiracy that caused this. There are multiple ways to manipulate the tires as noted in the press.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  5. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Doesn't Pirelli set the pressure limits, and shouldn't there be no structural failures when running at those limits?:rolleyes:

6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Agreed

Picchu88 and Jakuzzi like this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Lewis said it must've been a case of playing with tyre pressures.

Guess we finally understand how his tyre blew last year silverstone and was moments away from exploding at Baku as well. Glad that was cleared up!

Either/or. Never his fault though is it!

8. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
  9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  10. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    So now you’ve come around to an “either/or” stance instead?

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    #612 Bas, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    The point is that he always finds someone/something to blame. It's never him is it?

I've seen the onboard where he indeed switched it off. Then he holds his wheel very strange into T1, pressing the button. Whichever way you put it, LEWIS made the mistake, no one else.

Lets look at it again:

We can't see the screen well at all unfortunately, but I have seen images of the screen that the switch was indeed pressed to normal at the start (no timeline I recall but I'll accept it for what it is). He then holds his wheel quite strange on the start, about 100 or so meters in he moves his hand to the normal position, then he locks up, and as he goes straight he appears to press a button (again?). If he pressed the button after locking up, he simply outbraked himself. The only other time he could've hit the button is before the first 100 meters and holding the wheel rather strange.

JJ likes this.