Another vendor in SoCal for HRE wheels?? | FerrariChat

Another vendor in SoCal for HRE wheels??

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jmX, Jun 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jmX

jmX Rookie

Jul 8, 2020
    Southern California
    Tried now for a week to get Tag to call me back to have a 10min convo about wheel options and now Friday close of business it seems I've failed. Tried their webform on monday, called on tuesday but hold took too long, so sent an email direct and have had a couple exchanges giving them my available times to chat 10min, but couldn't get them to bite and give me a call back.

I don't want to get into it too much as I get that companies are busy and there's reasons, no big deal. My previous interactions with TAG were fine so its probably just a busy week or they hate the phone (as do I, except when trying to decide on an order for custom $15k wheels/tires).

What I am curious about is what other vendors we have, hopefully nearby in CA or AZ, that also deal in HRE wheel/tire packages and kinda know 488s/F8s? With HRE being in Southern California I imagine it doesn't make much sense to try WB over in flordia. Anybody had good luck with somebody closer to home?

Jon
    2020 Pista / 2021(2?) F8 Spyder in progress

2. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hi Jon, Not sure of your location but HRE has a dealer map where you can enter your location and see the dealer closest to you. HRE and Tag are in the same business park in Vista, Ca. It looks like there are 5 dealers in San Diego County
    https://www.hrewheels.com/dealers?bh-sl-address=vista

jmX likes this.
  3. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Why does it have to be SoCal or even CA-based?

If you’re open to broadening your horizons, reach out to Ben @Wheelb they will take care of you! They’re based in Miami. I’m in no way their best customer but they’ve taken care of me for over 12yrs with zero hiccups.

jmX likes this.
  4. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Try Wheel Enhancements down by LAX

Rbwiii and jmX like this.
  5. jmX

jmX Rookie

Jul 8, 2020
    Southern California
    Shot Wheels Boutique (a sponsor here) a message via their web form and David there called me the next day. 10-15min phone call later and I've got my wheels/tires ordered. He seemed to be totally on top of the ins and outs of various tire/wheel combos on the 488, and left me feeling pretty good about pulling the trigger.

Also, it turns out for California HRE orders through wheels boutique they indeed they will ship from HRE headquarters here in CA so I'm not paying/risking shipping 200lbs of wheels/tires across the country from Miami to LA.

freshmeat and Red 27 like this.
  6. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Congrats! Glad I could connect you w good peeps.

Man, didn’t even realize they have web forms now lol my exchanges have all been along the lines of…

Me: Bossman I need some HREs
    Ben: I got you, best price on the planet. Send money now.
    Me: ok!
    Ben a few weeks later: Wheels on the way, take pics, thanks.

jmX likes this.
  7. DutchLA

DutchLA Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2021
    Chino Hills CA
    Call Eric at Supreme Power in Fullerton. He is awesome! He did custom wheels for my 355 and bbs for the 430

8. kenb

kenb Rookie

Jun 29, 2014
    malibu, ca
    Full Name:
    ken b
    give us some pics...