Triple decker lift | FerrariChat

Triple decker lift

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Il Tifoso, Jun 4, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
  2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I don't have one ..only a double .. but one thing to consider is everytime you want to drive the top ca you have to move two .. i know it is pretty obvious but that is one thing that keeps me from using the top car

Also i have this thing about starting a car just to move it to take another one .. it doesn't get a chance to warm up etc so i end up having to drive both at least for a little while and then take the one on top

Just some real life feedback on lifts in general ..

If I had space i would have used my lift money towards expanding my garage

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

3. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Thanks Dominick - that’s some good feedback. I’m just trying to get greedy with the space that I do have, but maybe that’s not a good idea for usability.

Ruben

4. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    I added on to the garage. I was limited due to lot size and placement of the house on the lot. I keep 4 cars behind one garage door. This is less than ideal but I use to rent space that was a 15 minute drive away and not easy to get to the cars. I'm way better off now.

5. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    I am also renting space for one of my cars. 20 minutes away. Pain in the butt. I haven't drive it in a year. Waiting for my Bendpak to arrive next month. Will be nice to have all 3 in one place. Plus a spot for an F355

Il Tifoso likes this.
  6. cobmw

cobmw Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 22, 2006
    Rocky Mountain area
    Interesting concept. Looks like the top platform for the 973P model is at 12 ft. Adding 5 ft for car height means you need a 17 ft ceiling?

7. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Correct… that’s also if you raise the top platform to the highest position. Depending on the height of the cars stored, you may not need to go that high.

My storage has 18ft of clearance and hence why I was considering. However, thinking through it more thoroughly (thanks @flash32), I’m opting for a 2 stacker as opposed to the 3… getting the top car on the 3 tiered lift would be a big pain.

Cheers,

Ruben