Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA | Page 59 | FerrariChat

Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JERRYZ, Feb 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Whilst true, falsely tweeting that you've taken the company private at 420 a share is fraudulent...an unwinnable case for him.

anunakki likes this.
  2. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #1452 ginoBBi512, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    Its hard for me to understand, that someone who posts that they sold their Ferrari to buy a tesla, has a 59 page thread. I could care less whether you own a tesla.one of my best friends just bought one, I told him he was stupid, and that he should have bought the 911. His excuse was that it was really fast, I said, so are my slot cars, what is the big deal about how fast a full size slot car made for the street is,? I could put one in a lawn mower , and say the same thing lol good grief. If one sells his Ferrari to buy one, thats clearly their loss, its that simple, they're not a driver anyhow and should not have bought the F car in the first place. If you really want to go fast, buy a 1 liter sport bike, it will pass your slot car like its a turtle.I just cant understand what the fascination is with the acceleration of an electric car , they are as boring as sitting in a high speed electric train .

Thank you

st@ven likes this.
  3. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #1453 ginoBBi512, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    I would love to see Ferrari build a v6 , or flat 6 , mid mounted , 395 - 495 HP normally aspirated or supercharged, gated machine, of course about 1/3 less the girth of a 488 , sell if for 150 K , I think they would bring in some people who really love the mark, but cant afford the 300k plus prices. Do you think Ferrari could make a car that reflects the company the way the 3x8s did, all those years ago ? Most folks today can not tell the difference when I comes to exotic cars, but everyone knew who made the 308 , and not just because it was on Magnum. This instead of an all electric in 2025. I dont care what anyone says, an "electric Ferrari " will never be a Ferrari. What do you think Enzo would say ? At 150 K , Ferrari can take some of the would be Porsche prospective buyers away , The only way your going to get 500 HP from Porsche is to spend over 200 K, so make it around 400-500 HP , and your pricing would compare to a new 911, which are around 400 HP. What say you ? Maybe they can go back to the "boy racer lines" of the 80s and 90s . Pinon Farina can give it a go, I know Ferrari has all in house design people, sub it out to Pinan. and lay their mark on it, just like the old days. Can anyone say, New Dino . Maybe something between a GT4 and a 246 with no power steering, only ABS, and no traction control. Can you imagine such a car ?

Thank you

Bas and Texas Forever like this.
  4. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    :

Attached Files:

Bas likes this.
  5. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Thats great, hes doesnt have to pay any insane income tax, God knows the millions of dollars in other taxes his company pays.

Thank you

6. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Clearly you have not read any part of the beginning of this thread nor do you understand what this thread is about.

Jaguar36 and Boomhauer like this.
  7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    he bought Tesla shares ...TSLA ..tripled in value roughly

8. ScreaminRevs

ScreaminRevs Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    I'd like to see the $ amount in tax breaks/subsidies from the govt that Tesla has reaped. Probably numbers in the 100 million + range, if not 500+.

9. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Way more than 3x. More like 15x+. The stock split 5:1 last year.

anunakki likes this.
  10. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Pales in comparison with the subsidies and wars fought to keep the price of oil low.

11. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    MY bad , I completely blew it

12. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #1462 ginoBBi512, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021

"I never thought my relationship with Ferrari would come to an end. For the last 10 years I've owned a 355 Spyder and then a 430 Spyder. I have been a Ferrari fan all of my life and met many good friends in the Ferrari community. I always thought I would be a Ferrari owner for life. What I'm about to say would have been heresy even a year ago."

I did not read much past this.

Thank you

13. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO

He did buy a Tesla as well . and sold his 430 , something about its torque, and whatever else. Thats what I read on the very first page.

Thank you

14. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    " I never thought my relationship with Ferrari would come to an end. For the last 10 years I've owned a 355 Spyder and then a 430 Spyder. I have been a Ferrari fan all of my life and met many good friends in the Ferrari community. I always thought I would be a Ferrari owner for life. What I'm about to say would have been heresy even a year ago

15. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO

16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Facts don’t have feelings as Shapiro likes to say. It’s odd to me that folks can’t accept the fact the fastest cars in straight lines and around tracks are electric. You don’t have to like it, but at least Ferrari management knows they have to go 100% electric at least with one ‘Halo’ car or literally lose the NYSE:RACE

next we'll hear the rebuttal: what about endurance racing? like electronic and batteries are never going to advance…rofl

look Tifosi don’t be so insecure, the iwatch (greatest selling watch of all time) didn’t make Richard Mille go away nor does Alexa speakers get rid of vinyl or tube amps. A synthesizer didn’t make any full size orchestras obsolete.

relax and enjoy progress. The Moog doesn’t prevent me from enjoying my local opera

Boomhauer and Jaguar36 like this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Well I would correct something: over a lap absolutely, maybe faster but can’t sustain a race as the battery would be drained and charged very slowly.
    Hybrid is the present, electric the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bas likes this.
  18. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #1468 ginoBBi512, Jun 15, 2021
    You can brag about electric cars all you want, they will always be just glorified slot cars,( real slot cars look so much better as well ) its that simple , I wonder why folks are going to such great lengths to prove that they are not, you can take that piece of s*** tesla and go around and around the track , it makes no difference how fast a lawn mower is with an electric motor, same as with a tesla, and they are s*** ugly to to boot , good grief. Most dont even know what really fast really is. I know I do, my 1400 CC Suzuki will go to 100 MPH in less than 3 seconds, why dont you take your tesla and go up against that ?? Or any of my Ducatis for that matter.

Thank you

ScreaminRevs and Bas like this.
  19. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'll just throw in a few points to think about on EV's.

Must mine 6 times the earth minerals to build an EV vs and ICE car. Not exactly taking care of the planet either.
    At least for now (for the most part), must burn fossil fuels or coal to generate the electricity to power the EV's. Not exactly environmentally friendly?
    Lack of charging infrastructure plus charging time is too long compared to fueling.
    What happens in states like California where there are rolling black outs during the summer months already?
    How do highly dense urban metros deal with charging in multi unit housing units and apartments?
    Last but not least, what do we do with all those batteries when we are done with them?

I just question the long term sustainability of EV's as a environmentally friendlier alternative. Is it really environmentally friendlier than cleaner fuel burning ICE/Hybrid powertrains? I don't know, but would love to hear some other perspectives.

ginoBBi512 and Texas Forever like this.
  20. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Plaid was designed to last on a track for much longer periods of time vs. their prior models. I doubt it could finish a full race but then again I don't buy street cars to complete full races on a track. So for the vast majority of Ferrari owners the Model S outperforms anything else on the road.

21. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Are you a teenager that doesn't understand litigation? Most lawsuits get settled out off court so the lawyers don't suck up everyone's money. EVERYONE understands this.

And the Laguna Seca time was a full lap on a stock car. Me thinks you are just a troll.

22. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Genius. You want to compare cars to motorcycles. Another troll.

23. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    EV's get both dirty energy AND clean energy (solar). The dirty energy supply still creates half of the emissions than a gas powered car. Do your research.

Tesla has a worldwide network of superfast chargers for long distance travel. I take MANY roadtrips very conveniently.

Newsflash: Gas stations don't work during blackouts either....duh.

Apartments have been adding charging for several years. My 2nd home in a San Diego high rise was doing it in 2014. China is doing it.

Billion dollar companies are sprouting up to recycle old EV batteries. Check out Redwood Materials for just one example.

24. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #1474 ginoBBi512, Jun 15, 2021

Yes. your right , I am comparing bikes to cars, just as insane as comparing electrics to ICEs, you sir are the troll . I will say it again, take your tesla and get next to someone on a liter class sport bike , its just as stupid as the electric powered 308 dragging a Red Head . From OC, I get it . FYI, I am a silver subscribed member here, Its a forum, we agree to post courteous conversations, even though they get heated, it does not mean people here are trolls because they disagree with others. You see I have been following Ferrari since Im a little boy, its in my blood, my driving and my love and passion are as strong as the folks directly tied to the company and its factory drivers / racers. Im of natural ability . have raced and won on motorcycles as an amateur , and my ability as such, will allow me to drive any road going Ferrari to its absolute limits without destroying it . I guess I am just steadfast in my disdain for electric cars, as well as the comparison to ICEs . I will stick to my 1/32nd slot car set for any fun to be had with an electric motor turning a wheel.
    Thank you

Bas likes this.
  25. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    They do have electric motorcycles you know…

Mickyd329, ginoBBi512 and paulchua like this.