328 Performance Modification Recommendations | Page 5 | FerrariChat

328 Performance Modification Recommendations

Discussion in '308/328' started by elms, Jun 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Oh, OK, didn't know that either! I've been here since '08 and I'm learning a lot here in the past few days! :)

2. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    What are the ballpark numbers these days to simply rebuild the QV engine up in the 3.2 - 3.5 area with a nice bump in compression?

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  3. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    If I ever decide to take my 328 up to 3.5 Liters, will I need to change the ignition system ? , I really do not want to change the way things look outside the motor. My car is an 89 , the best run of the 3x8s, I have the Tubi / Test Pipe & K n N.The motor feels like 200 k miles will not be a problem. I wont be around to see 200k. One never really knows when they will need a motor rebuild / refresh .

Thank you

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Mine looks stock.

ginoBBi512 likes this.
  5. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    They are done a lot of ways. To do it what is in my opinion the correct way is expensive. I retained the aluminum cylinders, had them bored and replated. Its expensive. I changed everything that goes up and down because those are the parts that break. Only the big castings and parts that go round and round were saved. I had someone ask once and I told him the truth. It would be less expensive to buy a faster car. It is pretty unbreakable. 360 cranks can be used and have some advantages. I reused mine and had it stroked and renitrided. The counter weights needed modification to get out of the pistons way. Honda racing bearings in a non standard size so the rods were made to fit.

Nice used Corvette is probably less money.