812 GTS production problem | FerrariChat

812 GTS production problem

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by woody byrd, Jun 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    The first picture is a copy of what I ordered. The production picture shows that the shields were not applied and the $10K premium wheels were installed instead of my preferred Standard Wheel.
    The car was already on the ship before the photo arrived. I have pointed this out to my dealer, but at this point there are no comments from them or Ferrari after three or four days.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem, and if so was the outcome? I think the only shields now would be the stick on after market type. The wheels could certainly be changed if Ferrari was agreeable. Thanks for your thoughts.

Attached Files:

2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Never put on sticky shields!
    Do not accept the car without them making it right.

3. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Turned out really nice actually, ha! In all seriousness that's quite shocking of a mistake. Given that the shields are embedded into the actual fender you're correct that they'd have to be an aftermarket option. Do you prefer the look of the Standard Wheel or was it a decision made regarding the cost? I'm sure you could get them to let you keep the premium wheels without paying for them (At least I would hope so) if you take the car as is upon delivery.

ewright likes this.
  4. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    I actually prefer the standard wheel. I don't dislike the the premium, but not worth the cost difference.

Just FYI the color is Grigio Ingrid.

4ROARE and ryalex like this.
  5. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Sounds like a dealer/ordering problem. In my experience the factory is pretty structured about locking in and accepting orders and options.

6. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    It’s usually the GM or the main guy putting in the order with all the selection you make and if they’re multitasking or not focused at the time they are entering your order mistakes are inevitable.

Did you sign off on the purchase order printed with all the options?

The factory is very structured to make mistakes like these!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    You could get the wings exchanged by the factory for the correct ones or get your dealer to send your wings back to get the shields painted on, this is what they have to do if your wing with a painted shield gets damaged!
    Make them pay for it of course and do it in the winter when you are not using the car.
    Not the best thing to do by a long way but it is a way out.

Solid State, ScottS and Thecadster like this.
  8. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Free painted shields for the win. That would certainly take the sting off.

JariT, 350MH83, sisiay and 5 others like this.
  9. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    The last 2 new Ferrari’s I ordered from my dealer required me to confirm the final specs before they went into production. If you did the same you have proof that they made the mistake.

Crazyferraricollector likes this.
  10. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    @woody byrd : You're not alone, here is Ferrari' criminal record. AN ABSOLUTE SHAME. Selling cars worth several hundred thousands dollars and doing such mistakes is impossible to forgive.

Member @elipinski had its Laferrari painted the wrong paint

Member @sjwshiraz had its GTO painted with a duo tone livery instead of the stripe he ordered

Member @mytoys ordered his pista spider in Rosso formula 1 2007 but factory said no to that color a year after the order was in

Member @ROMO had black wheels instead of grigio corsa on his tdf

Our Late member @Randy had the stripe of his pista spider come in a different shape from what he ordered

Marcel Massini had the wrong wheels on his f12

11. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    There's also a Pista that was delivered here that was supposed to have blue stripes that instead was painted with gold stripes.

12. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    My god. I wonder what does Ferrari say and do when customer complains after such mistakes

13. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Blame someone else probably.

rse1851 likes this.
  14. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    The first Pista delivered at my dealer came with no stripe when stripe was ordered. Another came in the wrong color. My Pista came with options I didn’t order like matte carbon fiber.

I’ve had cars in the past come with things like wrong wheels, plain seat belts vs colored, Daytona seats vs race, wrong headliner. I’m just glad I haven’t received the wrong exterior color .

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ryalex likes this.
  15. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I cant' believe it.

What happened after you reported the mistakes ? Did you get something in return ?

I can't understand it. I simply can't.

You have a spec built sheet saying STRIPE. How can you NOT put a stripe ? The combined effects of LSD and Alcohol, the only reasonable explanation I get

16. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Who else builds Ferrari other than Ferrari ?

17. Ferro458

Ferro458 Karting

May 26, 2014
    So when this happens does Ferrari or the dealer just say 'eff-off'? They don't offer to build another car for you?

18. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    ive seen this happen several times. Ferrari blames dealer and dealer blames Ferrari

Gh21631, Boots, dcmetro and 1 other person like this.
  19. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    FWIW: I Actually like it a lot without shields. It’s so clean.

20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    On 3 of my previous Ferrari's the specs came in wrong. But still took delivery with minimum fuss in order to preserve " OUR RELATIONSHIP " o_O

21. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    FWIW, I also like cleaner look of this spec without shields, especially this color. Painted shields far preferable to standard ones if you really want to go that way.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

dickyb and David246GT like this.
  22. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    My Lusso was specced in Cuoio and Blu Sterling, but some of the Blu Sterling pieces were covered with black leather. The rear seat belt receptacles were covered in alcantara Cuoio rather than leather Cuoio. All was replaced by the dealer at his cost.

dcmetro likes this.
  23. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    The dealer covers some items like PPF or a valve controller install when it happens but for the most part I live with it. Its hard to believe that it happens for such an iconic company.

24. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    And so often !

bobbypagos likes this.
  25. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    My FF is still missing the lifting system that I ordered back in 2015.... And yes I have a written confirmation on that....