The Purosangue Thread | Page 61 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
  2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The high-riding Silver contraption you see in the image above comes from Giugiaro but Ferrari ended-up making the right choice by selecting instead the design of the FF proposed by Pininfarina.

WilliamB and Caeruleus11 like this.
  3. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  4. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    This! It will never happen, but if isn’t something very similar it will just be another pointless SUV. Go nuts Ferrari!

Of course, having said that, whatever they produce will be the best selling Ferrari of all time. People just love SUVs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MDEL likes this.
  5. Cearabc

Cearabc Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Pfunds, austria
    Full Name:
    Derek cornelissen
    The two difference Purosangue mules that I spotted. The first one is having a very open rear bumper, where the Exhaust pipes are really good visible. Does someone rezoning those?

The second one is having a normale styled bumper with lower placed exhaust pipes.

What about the front? The grill is very low in comparison to the normal one from the Levante. It gives me the feeling that the engine needs a lot of fresh air, like.. the V12 from the F12/812! It's just a feeling, but feel free to reply on my theory

www.instagram.com/derek.photography
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

WilliamB, MDEL, 456-boy and 3 others like this.
  6. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    This still looks to be a heap of Maserati body parts over the Ferrari chassis, running gear. I dont think there is any Ferrari body work there at all the interior most likely is Maserati too at this point

7. Cearabc

Cearabc Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Pfunds, austria
    Full Name:
    Derek cornelissen
    Everything is from Maserati, but wheel arches are wider! So there is definitely something that Ferrari wants to test, but.. is it the engine? Suspension? Transmission? 4WD system?

8. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I would say Im 99% sure it has all Ferrari hardware under the body
    We are 6 to 12 months away from it being made public so they would need to be at that stage now

9. Cearabc

Cearabc Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Pfunds, austria
    Full Name:
    Derek cornelissen
    The same thing happened actually with the V6, I spotted it already in her final shape. But after 6-7 months you will see only the heavily camouflaged testcars on the roads.
    The Purosangue body is already finished inside the factory, so the only thing they have to do, is connecting all the single pieces

10. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I would totally agree on the V6 and love the photo's you got of her. I'd say in 3 to 6 months the Purosangue will be testing in the same form.

11. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Since April of 2020 I've counted eight different Purosangue mules that have been spotted and below you find their pictures. Seven of the mules have different plate numbers and when comparing the camouflages they wear they are different in each car. So many mules spotted in one year in different countries and environments and each one showing specific idiosyncrasies, is the proof that Ferrari has been doing a lot of testing. My guess is that there will be a V12 version of the Purosangue but there was a very wise sportsman that said "predictions can only be 100 per cent accurate after the game has ended".

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Alvega, WilliamB, jpalmito and 3 others like this.
  12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Thank you for all your work for years on this Mario.

13. Cearabc

Cearabc Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Pfunds, austria
    Full Name:
    Derek cornelissen
    incredible! very nice!
    The two missing dates are : 8 & 9 June 2021

But the one from 8 june 2021 (white bumper, half camouflaged left rear light) Is the same at the one from may 2021

Alvega, WilliamB, jpalmito and 3 others like this.
  14. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    ...and thank you too Derek for your great photos!

15. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Alvega, 9nb, 456-boy and 1 other person like this.
  16. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Alvega, 9nb and 4re4ever like this.
  17. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
  18. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    No info concerning the sound. However, the longer hood compared to a Levante suggests Ferrari will have enough room to fit a twelve-cylinder engine.

Caeruleus11 and 456-boy like this.
  19. 4re4ever

4re4ever Formula 3

Mar 26, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Simon
    While that is great to hear is that a wise move with all the changes Ferrari have already had to make due to the new Eco standards

MDEL likes this.
  20. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Correct me if Im wrong, but I believe those plates are attached to a driver, not to a car. When I was in Italy I was getting my ML serviced, and the test driver hooked up his squared licence plate in a plastic holder to the rear wiper. When I asked him why he was doing that while my car already had licence plates, he said this was his plate as a test driver.

21. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    I think some pictures of the Swedish mule were showing a bit of the back row of seats, and it definitely looked a lot like Lusso seats.

MDEL likes this.
  22. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Most of the mules already spotted with different plate numbers had also different camouflages. However, I've already seen pictures of two different mules that have the same plate number and that could explain what you've mentioned about the plate numbers being attached to a different test drivers.

23. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    After doing a bit of research on the plate numbers we see on the Purosangue mules the conclusion I got to is the following. These test plates are known as "Targa Prova" and their purpose is allowing the temporary circulation of vehicles, assigning insurance coverage without a registration certificate. In Italy "Targa Prova" plates are issued regionally and my presumption is that the first number after the first three letters XOp identifies the issuing region. This test plate can be transferred from one vehicle to another and that could explain why we've seen two different Purosangue mules with the same "Targa Prova".

WilliamB, Caeruleus11 and 512tr1992 like this.
  24. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    WilliamB and Alvega like this.