430 - purchase help please | FerrariChat

430 purchase help please

Discussion in '360/430' started by mazand1982, Jun 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mazand1982

mazand1982 Rookie

Jun 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    art
    hello everyone I’m looking to purchase my first Ferrari. In the market for a good deal on a 430 or possibly 360 since I’m on a budget. I found a guy who’s selling a 430 with 19 K miles and everything seems to be in great condition considering the years on the vehicle. Originally it was silver with black interior but it’s been wrapped in red.
    he has it listed for $95,000. Although I feel like that is below asking price he said the clutch is you replaced 1k miles ago.

does the car being wrapped take much away from the value?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    Never buy a wrapped car. You don’t know what is underneath.

3. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

That’s a good deal assuming it’s a nice car. Ask him to unwrap it?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

gsworld2014 and mazand1982 like this.
  4. hhwear

hhwear Rookie

May 18, 2021
    Full Name:
    Howard Wear
    Have to agree with the fact you don't know if the paint is pristine under the wrap, or if they cheaped out and corrected a bad paint job with wrap. You should add in the cost of a complete paint job to your price in case you ever decide to unwrap and find that its needs to be painted. Good luck on finding something you like.

mazand1982 likes this.
  5. mazand1982

mazand1982 Rookie

Jun 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    art
    he seems like a pretty straightforward guy and he said he’s having a new Ferrari delivered next month so I think he’s just trying to get rid of it to make some room. I think it’s a great deal
    He said when he bought the car it was rough but a black color so when he took it to the place they unwrapped it and said that the silver paint underneath was in good condition, probably just not a very bold color, I personally don’t like the silver color myself either. But it looks great in red

6. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I’ll say it again. Do not buy a wrapped car. It could be hiding a lot of things more than just scratched or worn paint.

Spend the extra money and get a car that is not wrapped and already the color you want.

If the owner wants to sell. He should unwrap so you can do a proper PPI, otherwise to quote Monte Python…. “Run away,run away”

DeTomasoGTS74 and NMNMNMN like this.
  7. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You seem to be trying to convince us and yourself.

There is no reason you should implicitly trust this guy. Whatever he 'seems like' is irrelevant. I suppose you must have had less negative experiences with people in your life than me.

If solid PPI, then factor in the cost of a new paint job, combined with the loss in value from a re- paint, and offer that.

Kevin

Sent from my SM-G930P using FerrariChat.com mobile app

whatheheck, NMNMNMN and mazand1982 like this.
  8. NMNMNMN

NMNMNMN Formula Junior
    BANNED

#8 NMNMNMN, Jun 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    This.

Corey is 100 percent correct in my eyes.

I would unwrap a wrapped car if I had one and wanted to sell it. Last car I had re-painted was a 56 Chevy the paint job full strip and refinish cost 32k, for some perspective on cost for a full high quality repaint. Also, a repainted Ferrari 430 at this date is an unwanted car for many, when there are a lot without a respray available in excellent condition for sale usually.

You could have a PPI and take your chances on the paint. Is there accident history? Clean Carfax, Autocheck etc...

I would not risk 90k on this car without seeing the actual paint myself.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

mazand1982 likes this.
  9. mazand1982

mazand1982 Rookie

Jun 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    art
    sounds good thanks brotha

10. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    How fast can you run ? Then keep going. Let him unwrap it and then see what you have. Cannot understand anyone wrapping a supercar

NMNMNMN and mazand1982 like this.
  11. Daryl Zernick

Daryl Zernick Karting

Jul 7, 2020
    South Bend, IN
    Full Name:
    Daryl A. Zernick
    Me neither, but this looks cool ;-) ...