Ryft exhaust system for F12 | FerrariChat

Ryft exhaust system for F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by ryalex, Jun 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    This morning I picked my car up from Royalty Exotics today after they installed my new Ryft exhaust and X-pipe.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

The sound: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQAcAVLt2t0/utm_medium=copy_link

Observations
    • Sounds amazing. Crisp, clear. High pitched 2000s F1 scream. The stock car sounds great but now seems like it had a mouthful of cotton balls.
    • No CEL! I was really worried about this but I ran it hard for over an hour with no warnings at all.
    • Revs more freely, actually surprised how much more throttle response there is around 4-6k RPM. Almost feels like a tune in and of itself.
    • The bark on start up is maybe 30% louder
    • There is some uncomfortable resonance into the cabin between 1200-1800 RPM, from slow acceleration until the valves open. Thankfully freeway cruising speeds are past that point.
    • Low speeds and idle are a lot louder - let’s face it the stock setup with valves closed is luxury car quiet
    • The change in balance of sounds does lose a little of the “harmonic” sound in the higher range - the base F12 almost has a pipe organ set of tones that sounds like 3 cars at once. This unifies the sounds closer to one tone. It might be that the louder, higher pitched note dominates the other sounds.
    • It really sounds like a “Supercar” now

2. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Looking at the parts you posted, you kept your OEM cats right? You should only get a CEL if you replace the cats with nothing (like me lol)

Sounds faaaaantastic!

Looks like good workmanship

Natkingcolebasket69 and ryalex like this.
  3. FQ1

FQ1 Karting

Sep 14, 2013
    Sounds great. How much of the sound is just the x-pipe versus the exhaust and /or mixed with the exhaust. I ask because I’ve read a lot where if the factory exhaust valves are left open, the x-pipe makes most the sound enhancement/upgrade. Anyone know?

ryalex likes this.
  4. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I’m not totally sure. I had read that recommendation elsewhere to do X-pipe and valve controller. But I will say these valves seem to open around 2k RPM even on partial throttle, much earlier than the stock.

So far so good, no CEL with this setup. But yes I kept all the stock pieces bound safely in bubble wrap. A future buyer hearing this setup first is unlikely to switch back to the more muffled stock sound unless they are a devout OEM believer.

5. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Indeed, aftermarket exhaust will not throw a CEL as long as you havent touched the CATs.

Fabspeed Motorsport and ryalex like this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

F12-ff no CEL with 200 cell but computers don’t clear and in states like CA you wouldn’t pass smog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Updates: passed smog this week with zero issues! Still never had a CEL about the exhaust, either. Super happy about those two points. My 355 with Fabspeed cats + Tubi had a constant "fuel/air mixture" CEL on the entire time I owned it. It could be cleared for a few hours of driving time but one downshift burble or fuel pop and there's the damn light again.

At Colonel's request I uploaded those clips together on YT:

You can hear how the sound at idle is much more pronounced - it was a Mercedes-like purr on stock and now a throatier burble. But when you hear them both you can tell the Ryft sounds crisper and less muffled.

wrs and BJK like this.
  8. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    so, to be clear, you still have the stock cats installed. Correct?

9. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yes, the cats are still there. And honestly, I don't need any louder than this!

BJK likes this.
  10. SirTony76

SirTony76 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    MN
    very nice. was thinking of getting an upgraded exhaust for my 812. did you look at any other ones? this is one I was considering

11. Natkingcolebasket69

Note: not all smog are equal. Nevada is pretty lenient vs California

ryalex likes this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

The F12VS FF doesn’t need the cats off as much because it has single glazed windows, ff has those stupid Mercedes like double glazed windows which, combined with extra cabin insulation, make it a lot quieter.

ryalex likes this.
  13. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I was initially considering iPE but when I made contact locally with people involved with Ryft, the transaction went smoothly. https://www.instagram.com/tonytranphoto/ works with Ryft and got Aoki his setup for his Aventador, and did the deal on mine.

I'm sure you've seen this one:
    [BTW they must have removed the cats, or put that mic right at the ports, to get it that loud!]

14. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    If you're looking for some in-car POV footage of some different systems, here is a clip of our 200cel cats and X-pipe. No cel garunteed.

SirTony76 and ryalex like this.