Ferrari CEO Announced his retirement effective immediately | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Ferrari CEO Announced his retirement effective immediately

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Parnelli, Dec 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Mike Manley will not be the CEO of Ferrari

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mike Manley, whom many considered one of the favorites to take over from Louis Camilleri at the helm of Ferrari, has fallen off the list of future Maranello 'capos'.
    Manley, current CEO of FCA, will take care of the interests of Stellantis - the conglomerate that will emerge next January with the merger of PSA and FCA, that is, the Peugeot and Fiat-Chrysler groups - in America, from the United States and Canada to Brazil and Argentina.

Manley, although British, knows the US market well. The spectacular development of Jeep - not only in North America but in the global market - and that of RAM, turned into an independent brand, are his works.

"We are very close to having Stellantis operational. Mike Manley will continue to play a fundamental role in the organization. Mike has done an extraordinary job at FCA, he is a promoter who has played a key role in this merger and his understanding with Carlos Tavares is absolute, both have common horizons, "said John Elkann in a letter to all FCA employees.

In it, Elkann affirms that "Mike Manley will assume, after the merger of FCA and PSA, the role of 'Head of Americas'", a capital position given the position of the Stellantis brands in these markets.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=https://soymotor.com/noticias/mike-manley-no-sera-el-consejero-delegado-de-ferrari-983426&prev=search&pto=aue

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    I don't remember Marchionne having any element of "art" or emotion ;)

3. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    He certainly made Ferrari more profitable, but Im not a fan of the cars developed under Marichionne.

4. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    In this kind of environment with this kind of competition in the automotive industry it is up to surviving, especially when it comes to a supercar manufacturer. Or in other words - it is up to making cars, that make you more profitable, or not making cars at all. Sad, but true. Not all Ferrari customers are driven by passion or emotion. Many of them are just rich a**holes, others don't understand much about cars, they just want something flashy and expensive. That is exactly why the Portofino/Roma have all these things that a die-hard Ferrari fan doesn't like. However, these are the most easily selling Ferraris. So keeping that in mind, I think that this is why Ferrari need a good and pragmatic manager and businessman, who can keep the company in good financial health. I also don't like the direction Ferrari is taking and I will always prefer an analog dash, instead of a digital one (for an example), but it is just that the industry is pushing them into that direction.

As for Marchionne - I didn't liked him too much either, especially because of what he did with Montezemolo, but I can't deny, that if he wasn't for him, I'm afraid to think where would be Fiat and Ferrari now.

dpw98 and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    9 June 2021.
    Ferrari appoints Benedetto Vigna as CEO.

Marcel Massini

Attached Files:

furmano, 456-boy, 9nb and 6 others like this.
  6. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    Big figure in term of technology, He has 200 patents to his credit. And is specialized in semiconductor. Good choice in line with future of automotive industry

furmano, 9nb and tomc like this.
  7. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Interesting. Thank you, Marcel.

Matt

456-boy likes this.
  8. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

So we're talking mid engine, 12 cylinder, unleaded fuel only, two seat, three pedal Berlinetta's Correct?

;)

9. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    This is a good choice because it's oriented towards the future. Just another car guy wouldn't be the right way to go.