Sold - F430 19” wheel set, ideally CH or Scud. Needs work ok! | FerrariChat

Sold F430 19” wheel set, ideally CH or Scud. Needs work ok!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by Performify, May 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Performify

Performify Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 4, 2020
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Eric
    WTB second set of wheels for my new-to-me f430. 19” only please.

Will be a second set of wheels, not my primary, so not looking to break the bank.

Very open to wheels that need refinishing. Otherwise looking for gold finish. Scud or challenge replica sets are top of the list but open to anything.

pic for attention.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

BigBossF430 likes this.
  2. Performify

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 4, 2020
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Note - I can handle providing shipping labels, you will just need to box the wheels and drop them off.

ideally looking for wheels without tires but open to mounted deal for the right price.

3. Performify

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 4, 2020
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Eric
    still looking. would love a reasonably-priced level of Scuderia wheels (replicas ok) or a set of CH wheels that need refinishing!

4. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Looks like the Scuderia wheels are asking north of $10K in any condition...have been looking for a set here for a while, kicking myself for not picking them up when they were like $4K years ago.

Performify likes this.
  5. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
  6. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    I have a set of 16M wheels that I'll be listing shortly....let me know if you may be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. gtwhaley

gtwhaley Karting

Jan 10, 2011
    Kentucky & Texas
    Full Name:
    Greg
  8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    The seller has been banned, so he is unable to respond, nor can you message him. If or when he comes off his ban, you can then reach out to him...directly off his profile page is probably fastest way to get a response...but again, not until his ban comes off.

gtwhaley likes this.
  9. gtwhaley

gtwhaley Karting

Jan 10, 2011
    Kentucky & Texas
    Full Name:
    Greg
    thanks for the heads-up. I was wondering why it wouldn't show his profile. Also didn't know that a "ban" would be a temporary thing. It was crazy that I had seen his original post for selling his wheels which was exactly 2 years ago to the day, and then to see that he still has them (maybe because of a huge price?) And then to see that he was recently banned. just my luck! lol.

to the OP, sorry for any distraction but I hope this got you a bump or two out of this exchange, and that you will find the deal you're looking for! best wishes!

Performify likes this.
  10. futureferraribuyer

futureferraribuyer Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2010
    I have brand new forged challenge wheels made by FChat member Oliver. 19 inches. They are goldish color and I bought for my F430 which I recently sold. I bought titanium bolts for these as well. The wheels come with steel bolts and aftermarket center caps which looked pretty good. They are in the original box which were opened just to make sure that the wheels were there. Never mounted or handled except for taking them out of the box. Will sell for what they cost me. I'm in SoCal.

Performify likes this.
  11. Performify

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 4, 2020
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Eric
  12. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Minor problem, I am back.

f355spider likes this.
  13. 911gt3

911gt3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    I have an absolutely perfect set of gold factory Ferrari Scuderia 19 inch wheels, never had a tire mounted on them. You’re right, they’re not cheap, but you could make them they’re your primary wheels. My for sale thread is on this classified section, you could do a search for seller 911GT3.

14. Performify

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 4, 2020
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I appreciate the offer @911gt3 and would be interested at historical selling prices but not anywhere near current asking price. Totally fair for you to ask what the market will bear... but probably 300% out of my interest -- especially for this use case:)

I have a deal pending with @futureferraribuyer on his Challenge wheels and will be going that direction. Thanks to all who replied!

15. 911gt3

911gt3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks for replying. Good luck with everything!

16. Tony Baunach

Tony Baunach Karting
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2007
    All around the world
    This pic shows the BBS FI i guess?
    In my opinion best looking wheel on the 430… better than Scud or 16M or anything… would you consider these?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Marcoboxer likes this.
  17. Performify

Rossa Subscribed

Jan 4, 2020
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Tony Baunach likes this.
  18. 911gt3

911gt3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    Louisville, KY

I just saw this thread after all this time. Not sure if the banned seller was me, but I did get dinged for a few days because I put a bump on my original ad without changing the price. I was not aware that was a rule and I got banned maybe? Anyway, I hope that clears things up, I’m a legitimate seller, certainly have never been involved in any shady deals on this or any other site. Just a regular car enthusiast, mostly Porsche, track guy, sold my scud and now have a 360 Modena manual I’ve had for 1.5 years.
    Wheels are still for sale. I agree they’re not cheap, but I paid nearly 12 for them. And they’re unavailable now. So I don’t think 12,400 is really all that crazy.

19. gtwhaley

gtwhaley Karting

Jan 10, 2011
    Kentucky & Texas
    Full Name:
    Greg
    No, it wasn't you. But regarding whether or not a set of wheels for 12k is crazy or not, my vote is that it most definitely is. That doesn't mean that there isn't somebody, somewhere, who will pay more than what you did because of course there is "one" born every minute. Prices on everything have gone up an insane amount, but that ole saying, "what goes up.. must come down" will eventually happen. Just my opinion, but there needs to be a reality check on a lot of products. Especially the "made in China" knockoffs. People need to wake up and stop handing over good money for crappy products. Currently the economy supports consumers having more money than brains but I wouldn't count on it always being that way.

20. 911gt3

911gt3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    Louisville, KY

21. 911gt3

911gt3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Agree. But in case anyone else is reading this, these wheels of course are Ferrari factory wheels, not knock offs, and we’re nearly the price I’m asking when I paid for them. So the question is, if Ferrari factory was still selling these wheels at this price do you think they are worth it. The answer is, if that’s what they cost, that’s what they cost. I doubt Ferrari would change their pricing on these wheels based on the economy. If I don’t find a buyer who wants to pay what I paid for them, I will likely lower them slowly. But it’s painless to keep them in my basement in boxes until someone who wants perfect wheels for a restoration or collector car finds them.

22. 911gt3

911gt3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Were

23. carbonsmith

carbonsmith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2016
    At least call them what you know them to be, CH replicas, style, or knockoffs. :shrug: You didn’t buy “challenge wheels”.

24. carbonsmith

carbonsmith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2016
    Last few sets I’ve sold, although yes used but absolutely flawless have brought between 6-7k. They’re not exactly that difficult to come by. I just bought another perfect set last month for 3k with sensors.

Heck, there’s a damn nice set listed currently on here for 6500.

Sit on yours long enough, you might find that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Best of luck.

Yassa and Performify like this.