Black Horse Motors LLC | FerrariChat

Black Horse Motors LLC

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Piper, Apr 29, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    A fellow named Darren Scuffil from Black Horse Motors LLC in New Port Richey, FL has made me a reasonable dealer offer on my yellow/black F430 spider. I'm seeking add'l feedback, have found some, on Darren and the dealership in general. Thanks.

2. beachmk4

beachmk4 Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Florida
    The owners of the dealership have been in the community for years albeit in a far different business. I have always found them to be honest, straight forward folks. I have known them for 20+ years.

3. DiscoDaddy

DiscoDaddy Rookie

Jul 21, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Give me the specs on your car and last 6 of vin...I may be interested. Thanks!

4. Spdrcrj

Spdrcrj Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Replied in your other thread. BHM and Darren are fantastic to work with.

5. bw929

bw929 Rookie

Feb 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    fc340
    I spent the last few weeks working with Darren on an F430 that he had up for sale. The deal fell through, because there were some significant engine problems that were found during the PPI.

I found him to be honest, above board, polite and professional the whole time. He removed the car from his inventory. It truly seems that his reputation for selling good cars, was more important to him than making a quick buck on a sub-par one.

I would not hesitate in the future to do business with him.

6. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    This is good information as i will be in the market very shortly for a gated 360/430 coupe, though i think in this market a 430 may be out of the budget. I am in south Florida so thanks for post.

7. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Darren is a super cool guy.

Reminds me, I should give him a call.

BHW

8. nuevo rosso

nuevo rosso Rookie

Apr 11, 2016
    Darren is a great guy- honest, low pressure ("the car sells itself"), knowledgeable and totally responsive. I was out of state and he assisted in all aspects of the purchase (PPI, service, etc.). Even arranged storage for me before transport north. Would not hesitate to recommend him or deal with the great staff at Black Horse again.

9. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Darren is awesome, I have bought ferraris from him in the past......Super awesome guy.

10. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I live in New Port Richey.... humm I should find this place and check it out.

11. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
  12. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Another +1 for Darren and Black Horse.

13. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    They bought my Scuderia without a PPI; the tow truck driver came did a walk around and off it went. Never had any issues with the transaction. Subliminal trust.

14. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
  15. PGI

PGI Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Bought my gated 360 from Darren at BHM. Six years on, the car has been great.