Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 31 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 83Mondialqv

83Mondialqv Formula Junior

May 18, 2021
    New York
    Full Name:
    Vito L
    He let him pass on the last lap you see him move over... it was raining for a while during that race

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I agree that Glock let Hamilton pass during the last lap because he had no alternative, nor any reason to block him.

You wrote : "Maybe they should pull up the tape from his first championship win where Giancarlo fisicella moved out of the way for him so he could win his first championship bc we all know Massa had that in the bag." Looking at the tape don't change a thing !

You implied that somehow Hamilton received help from Glock, or that some sort of complicity existed between the 2. That was not the case.
    They were in fact still racing at this point, Glock struggling on slicks, and Hamilton and Vettel faster on rain tyres

When Massa crossed the finishing line Hamilton was 7th but the race wasn't over..
    Massa over-enthusiastic supporters started celebrating without waiting for the results.
    But Hamilton overtook 2 cars during the last lap to finish 5th, beating Massa to the title.

3. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Honestly LOL at somebody still believing this in 2021 :D

4. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Definitely not a hypocrite

ktu, mdrums and william like this.
  5. 83Mondialqv

May 18, 2021
    New York
    Full Name:
    Vito L
    Funny how the camera misses the shot of him letting him pass... There evening saying Hamilton didn’t have the pace

6. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You still haven't answered to my post #752.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

As the originator of this thread I must admit his mistake (though it happens) was silly...I mean should have played it safe..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ktu likes this.
  8. 83Mondialqv

May 18, 2021
    New York
    Full Name:
    Vito L
    Lewis had no pace to catch up to glock and out of no where he passes him. Massa had a right to celebrate because even Ferrari knew that there was no way for Hamilton to catch up mysteriously in the last two turns he gets the pass. Let’s be real Lewis has a lot of things go his way. He a great driver but a big baby. Like I stated he thinks everyone is against him. The stewards should start looking more into his starts because he loves to push people off the racing line. I bet if they would do it to him he would cry to Toto wolf like it’s no ones business.

gh0st0 likes this.
  9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    In fact, Glock hadn't stopped to shod rain tyres and was still on slicks.
    Vettel and Hamilton were racing each other; they were on rain tyres, going much faster and catching up quickly.
    When they came up to Glock during the last lap, he couldn't put up a defense and was overtaken.
    That's how Hamilton who had been 7th the previous lap, finished 5th and took the title.
    I have never heard that being disputed, nor any protest initiated by Massa or Ferrari. The FIA never investigated the result to my knowledge.
    What you keep repeating is just a fallacy invented by some tifosi to explain their deception.

ktu, Terra, jgonzalesm6 and 1 other person like this.
  10. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Still waiting for the team to berate Lewis on the radio for making Turn 1 a marathon instead of a sprint.

11. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010

He didn't try some crazy out-braking maneuver though. He had a good getaway... Perez's was not great...and so the move was on by default, and basically complete. Would have been a non-event if not for the inadvertent fumble with the switch. Deliberating trying to "playing it safe" on a standing start is a bit of recipe for disaster.

Terra and william like this.
  12. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    There's no mystery...

william likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Yeah but u are trying to win a championship, ur rival has 0. Even if u finish like 4th or 5th it was a good result... he said that was a little mistake but to me anytime u go from 1st/2nd to last because you pressed or didn’t press the right button..:well that’s a pretty bug mistake;) good for the championship.
    At this stage I wonder if bottas finishes the season there

ktu and william like this.
  14. 83Mondialqv

May 18, 2021
    New York
    Full Name:
    Vito L
    Well it’s actually called my opinion. You can believe that glock was losing position because he didn’t have rain tires I can say he let him through in my OPINION. Yes I am a tifosi and I’m my eyes he let him through you can sit there and praise Lewis all you want to me he is no where near any of the great formula 1 drivers. A driver earns respect on and off the track Lewis can’t even play nice with his teammates IE nico . I’m sure we didn’t forget when Lewis threw that hat at him. But I’m sure that is another myth from a tifosi!

JL350 likes this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

That being said many great drivers weren’t nice to their teammates: Objectively Schumacher was one of the worst, Senna my hero same stuff, Alonso we already know,Vettel same deal... Lewis is a saint next to these dudes

ricksb, ktu, william and 3 others like this.
  16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    With all due respect that is total BS.

Giallo 550, JJ and Bas like this.
  17. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Have you seen Glocks on-,board camera on that day??? 5 cars pass Glock on the last lap due to Glock not changing to rain tires and Lewis was car #4 that passed Glock.

ricksb, william and Terra like this.
  18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Lol, by blaming no one he knew he made the mistake... :p

ktu and gh0st0 like this.
  19. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    If he binned the car trying hunt down Perez when he had 2nd in the bag I would agree...but it's a standing start - what are you going to do, not try to get an optimal getaway? That puts you even in a more precarious position.

There was nothing risky about the overtake...
    My point It was a mistake, but I don't think you can call it a mistake resulting from poor judgement / over aggressive mindset (as you were suggesting)

ricksb likes this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

Lol so we gonna act like senna didn’t hit Prost on purpose? We gonna act like Schumacher was an Angel too? And of course vettel had no issues with Webber and Alonso didn’t stay in the pits longer than he had to to prevent Hamilton from pitting?
    Sorry but YOUR with all due respect is fake and ignorant of f1’s history

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think the issue is painting Lewis as a saint compared to them.

375+ likes this.
  22. Natkingcolebasket69

Well of course he is no saint
    But , and I adore senna , Lewis hasn’t been nearly as dirty in his career as Schumacher/senna were.
    And for meeting Schumacher once...he was...how shall I say... a bit douchy;)

william and Terra like this.
  23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Against teammates? Schumacher was always pretty fair to them wasn't he?

24. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Another mistake this season from Hamilton but didn't get lucky this t

Good luck with that.

Wolff has stated "Lewis doesn't make mistakes"

Must be true then :D

Picchu88, Bas, fil and 1 other person like this.
  25. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Must be...unless it involves buttons....

Giallo 550, SimCity3 and Bas like this.