FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX...2021...RACE...... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄ | Page 16 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX...2021...RACE...... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jun 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Right. RBR took on Perez expecting him to be really, really bad. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, the horseshoe king, HAM, is still only a couple of points behind in the championship after major mistakes in two races.

Jeronimo GTO and ypsilon like this.
  2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Elton always had trouble with buttons....it was bound to happen..again...

stavura, nsxrebel, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    They aren't doing anything wrong on race day, what many don't seem to realize is how amazingly fast Charles is. Unfortunately he can't perform the same kind of miracles on every single lap.

Bas and jpalmito like this.
  4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Did anybody notice that Vettel - the worst has been according to some, and the only reason Ferrari was not winning, drove this dog of Aston to 2nd place... and Ferrari does not even make the podium...

stavura, Bas, Steve355F1 and 3 others like this.
  5. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    That’s why I tend to stay away from Mercs in general.

Too many damn buttons.

I remember when some F1 driver accidentally hit ‘fly’....

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jakuzzi, LVP488, stavura and 6 others like this.
  6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Porsche were in that mix as well no???

Isobel likes this.
  7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Yes - this I remember!!

Isobel likes this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    #383 jgonzalesm6, Jun 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    Pirelli update on the tire situation.

Both tyre sets from Stroll and Verstappen are being flown back to Milan by air freight for extensive checks. Both failures are being discounted as being down to tyre wear.

Cuts of around 5-6 cm were found on Lewis Hamilton's tyre too. Cut was on left rear and found under the red flag. There was no sign or warning of either failure for Stroll or Verstappen.

9. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    Dog? They have the Merc engine which helps in these power tracks. Add to that the favorable tire strategy that AM gambled on and Max's tire blowing up itself, you can see there were alot of factors helping him. I wouldn't be surprised of AM being really high up the order in Monza, just because their engine.

10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yes, very good result from Aston and Vettel, flattering I would say.

11. DF1

Vettel very honest that this was not something at all this year they would expect. Well done but this is not the normal for them. They are developing the car a bit and so that could assist as well. Lance was ahead of Vettel before his crash. Vettel had help but thats F1.

william likes this.
  12. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    While sector 3 has a very long straight, I don’t think this qualifies as a “power track” per se. more a ‘street circuit with a very long straight’.

AM still has to come to grips with the 2021 floor design, so I’m inclined to give Seb his credit. There is some good fortune involved, as always, but he was very opportunistic and didn’t put a foot wrong today. He was handsomely rewarded.

SimCity3 and william like this.
  13. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Funny meme that's circulating in my part of the world...

For all you non-Dutch/non-German speakers it reads:

AND THEN I SAID TO LEWIS - Dus ik zeg tegen Lewis (Dutch)

ALWAYS STRAIGHT AHEAD!!!! - Immer Geradeaus! (German)

kes7u, stavura, nsxrebel and 5 others like this.
  14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Today's performance may be a shot in the arm for Aston; they needed something like that to keep hope.

Lance was doing well on his own, and was badly let down by tyre failure. Thanks God he is alright.

Isobel and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  15. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Verstappen: Pirelli will blame debris for Baku F1 tyre blowouts

Red Bull's Max Verstappen has hit out at Pirelli after the tyre blowout which cost him the Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix win, suggesting the manufacturer will blame debris.

Verstappen dominated the race after taking the lead from title rival Lewis Hamilton during the pitstops. The Dutchman looked on course for a certain win until his left-rear tyre failed with five laps ago and he suffered a massive shunt on Baku's long start-finish straight.

Verstappen was the second driver to have a left-rear medium tyre fail, with Aston Martin's Lance Stroll subjected to a similar fate earlier in the race.

Speaking straight after the race Verstappen said he was "pissed off" because of what happened, suggesting that Pirelli would blame debris for the two blowouts rather than take responsibility.

"I didn't feel anything up until the moment that I suddenly went to the right, the tyre just blew off the rim and it's not a nice impact to have, it's quite a dangerous place to have a tyre blowout at that speed," he told TV crews.

"For sure [there will be talks with Pirelli] but we know the result from that conversation already and that’s a bit hard to accept.

“It will be related to debris, it’s like that. I’m sure there will be talks, Pirelli isn’t happy with what happened here today, but it doesn’t change anything to the race and the result I got here.”

“Of course I’m pissed off because of what happened today. It was a fairly easy race for me.

"Sometimes this sport is very harsh when things like this happen, it's ****.”

Verstappen, who also suffered a tyre failure at Imola's Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, said he doubted debris could have been a factor given that cars were following the same line every lap to get a tow from the car in front, and explained he didn't wear out the tyres too much.

“I don’t think so, I wasn’t stressing the tyres. It felt comfortable and I didn’t feel any vibrations before it let go," he explained.

“[Debris] is difficult. We’re doing the same line every lap because everyone wants to be in the slipstream. It’s very weird that it happens to me.

"I think they cleaned the track [after the Stroll crash] but Pirelli is probably going to say it was carbon debris on track.

"It was like that in Imola, so that’s something you can’t say anything about. The fact is another tyre exploded, not only for me but also for Stroll.

"It’s very frustrating, with a bit of luck we’re still in the lead of the championship but the gap could have been much bigger and that was much more important."

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/verstappen-pirelli-will-blame-debris-for-baku-f1-tyre-blowouts/6541654/

stavura, Bas, ypsilon and 3 others like this.
  16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

One can understand Verstappen's frustration after this tyre failure.

Winning this race, as he deserved it, would have made a difference to his championship hopes.

I don't recall so many failure from previous F1 tyre suppliers.

17. DF1

Max should shut his little mouth and let Pirelli look at the problem. Same stupidity he mouths off when he thought Ferrari were 'cheating'. Tact. Zero for him and his master idiot Horner lol. Please shut up.

18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    ypsilon, Jeronimo GTO and william like this.
  19. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Actually the last 2 laps were pretty exciting. What was a pretty boring race ended up watching.

I'm happy for Vettel. Leclerc did as best he could with the machine he has. Perez gets his first victory for RB.

635CSI, crinoid and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Pole was deceiving for Ferrari; Leclerc was soon overtaken.

TheMayor likes this.
  21. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    Looked to me Max was driving away from Perez. Can’t see how he would have beaten him.

I do notice Lance has the better strategy a lot of times. Vettel was ahead of Lance before his pit stop. lance drives longer before his stop and than comes out ahead of Vettel.
    Same thing in other races.
    Why don’t they give Vettel the same strategy.

Bas likes this.
  22. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Michelin! Bridgestone was the standard. Pirelli/FIA screw with the compounds to make the races more competitive at each circuit. I understand Red Bull’s being upset with them...can’t play with people’s lives just to make a show of things (I acknowledge that I’m uncertain if they’re still doing this, but I always thought it was a questionable practice)

23. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Wow, did Max piss in your Cheerios this morning or something? The dude was robbed of a victory and 25 points while in contention for the title.

Alexweav79, stavura, Bas and 3 others like this.