Lifts | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lifts

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Huskymaniac, Dec 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Supernaut

Supernaut Karting

Dec 3, 2019
    Annapolis MD
    Full Name:
    John Panek

Would a Wildfire 4-post lift work for you? They have a model with 7'8" tall posts, and an available rolling bridge jack that can lift the car at two additional points (left and right sides anywhere along the car's length) another 16" high above the runways. I just installed their XLT model with the rolling bridge jack and really like it. The entire lift can raise itself up on cantilevered casters and you can position it exactly where you want it in the garage.

https://www.wildfirelifts.com/wf4500a

2. Scott Holliday

Aug 28, 2020
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott Holliday
  3. Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I am just about to pull the trigger on this. How did you guys handle the shipping and getting the thing off the truck and into your garage?

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    i had it shipped to a place of business with a truck with liftgate and then delivered to my home

5. Huskymaniac

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Your business or a place that could then bring it to your house and into your garage?

6. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Arrange delivery with a truck with a liftgate. Once on the driveway you can maneuver with the hydraulic unit into final location.

7. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I had it delivered to a family members business which had a folk lift and then he brought to my home with a truck and a lift gate .. we were able to get off truck with lift gate and then roll into place

I believe, as mentioned above you can arrange with the company where you buy it to have it come to your home with a truck with a lift gate - I think at the time the cost made sense for me to use my family member instead

8. Huskymaniac

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    How did you get it from the liftgate to the driveway? A dolly?

9. Huskymaniac

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Also, do you guys use the sliding pads that come with this or do you use the bare arms with no pads. It looks like even their lowest pad adds quite a bit of height.

10. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I use the sliding pads with hockey pucks on my 360. Doubled up 2 x12 Ramps lift car high enough to access.

11. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I bought a wildfire 9,000 pound lift last year. Great product and excellent price. I picked it up with a landscape trailer at the shipping depot, and a friend helped me put it together in a day. Not too difficult, they have excellent instructional videos for the install.

12. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    #37 flash32, Jun 1, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    Exactly what I do for my 512tr but use 2 sets of 2x12 planks as runways

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

13. Huskymaniac

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Are you talking about these or do you add a hockey puck on top of this?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I add a hockey puck on top of all 4 rubber pads. On the 360, the opening at the rear lift points is deep in the under tray. The hockey pucks space the arm/pad from the under tray.

EastMemphis likes this.
  15. Huskymaniac

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I see. On the 348, one of the lift points ( inverted U channel) is only 4.25" off the ground. The Minimum height of the Bendpak lift is 7.125" with the lowest pad. Add three inches for the ramp and the lift point is 7.25" off the ground. So that gives only 1/8" clearance. Pretty tight. Do most people lift from alternate points on the 348?

16. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Not sure I was explaining myself clearly

I arranged/constructed 2 sets of 2x12 doubled up almost 3/4 of the length of the garage .. i drive up on them and wheels rest on them. The lift sits exactly between them and the bottom of the arms /pads are just above the wood. This makes is so easy to move arms to proper place and lift car

I used lumber but i am sure you can buy race ramps in that length ..

17. Huskymaniac

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Two 2x12s would be 3 inches high as each is 1.5" thick. If the 348 clearance is 4.25" and you drive it up on a 3" thick ramp/platform, the clearance would then be 7.25". According to what I have read, the Bendpak height to the top of the puck when fully collapsed is 7.125". No doubt the arms would clear the top of your ramp/platform. But, for the 348, it sounds like the clearance from the pads to the lowest lift point (U-channels) would be tight.

18. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    That 7.125 seems wrong .. have to check tomorrow the height to top of pad to top of wood .. are you reading height for lowest pad ..three different height pads come with lift ..at least when i bot it

19. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I just pulled specs ..lower height is 4.75 ..that seems to match what i am seeing

20. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    And add 1 in for minimum clearance so 5.75

5.75 minus 3 should give you 2.75 "Real" height including necessary gap needed

21. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I have the same ramp set-up as flash32. Plenty of clearance to lift my former F355 with hockey pucks in place.

22. Huskymaniac

Jul 9, 2020
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Correct but that is to the top of the table. When you add the swing arm and the lowest pad, the height is 181mm according to page 9 of the user manual. That is 7.125". Even with just the swing arms (no pad) the height is 142mm or 5.6".

23. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I didn't have any good measuring tools .. but it does look like the top of the arm is probably about 4.75

When i move the car again i will measure for sure

Here is a pic ..not sure if it helps Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Bendpak specifications lists the MD-6XP at 4.75" lowered height.
    flash32. Your ramps are clean!

flash32 likes this.
  25. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    #50 eulk328, Jun 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    Twin-Busch (Germany) has a dealer(s) in the U.S. They do NOT list this lift on their U.S. website (model TW242G - for garage). Maybe you could contact them to see if they will supply it.

Photo is of this lift. Garage ceiling height is 2.5 meters or 8 feet 2 inches. You ain't going to be walking under the car but a rolling mechanics chair will work.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

https://www.twinbusch.de/product_info.php?products_id=335

Rexcat458 likes this.