F8 - Order Status | Page 72 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
  2. Level7

Level7 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    I received my three photos within a very short time frame - from the first photo to the third - max two weeks. Then, the so very long wait takes place from finished car in Italy to getting on the ship, transatlantic time, and finally sitting at US port waiting for paperwork, etc. It is a real roller coaster ride! But, enjoy!

of2worlds likes this.
  3. Bigbobo

Bigbobo Karting

Jul 25, 2020
    Northern CA
    Im not that far behind you. I put my initial deposit down in September 2020. I just paid my second deposit to cover all of my options a few weeks ago and my app still says waiting list. At this point I will just be happy to get the car this year. My build will take longer as I opted for a triple layer paint.

4. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    After reading so many order horror stories I feel lucky to have my Spider expected delivery at the end of this month,considering my deposit was placed in Aug.,2020 and allocation finalized in Nov., 2021.-We'll see.!

5. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    I keep reading of people paying "deposit to cover all of my options." I am not familiar with this practice. Can you say which dealer and if you are paying the entire bill for the options? My local San Diego dealer only asked me to let them know in advance if I thought I would walk away from my build, never asked for anything other than the initial deposit. If it gets my car here sooner I would happily pay the options in advance, just not something I have heard much about.

Thanks,

Rob

6. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    IMO, as someone in the business, the only legit reason to get a 2nd deposit ,to cover options,is because the options are so oddly specced that dealer would be worried about the buyer cancelling and the dealer being stuck with a hard to sell car and then I'd think the dealer would state that the deposit is non-refundable..
    For example ordering a car in Florida w/o ac or a 2wheel drive pick-up in the northeast.

rob5819 likes this.
  7. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Thanks. This is what I think is happening, I just keep reading about people paying "second deposit" or "options deposit" on several different threads recently so it made me curious. I've ordered many cars from many manufacturers over the years and they were all positive that they could sell the car if I walked away and never asked me for anything. Again, if a second deposit or options payoff gets me a car sooner, i would happily pay it.

Rob

c8spidey likes this.
  8. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    My dealer, Ferrari of New England, only requires one deposit when you place the order. This is not our first new Ferrari purchased from them, maybe that makes a difference. They will not submit the car in to the que in Italy till the deposit is paid and the car is fully spec'd out. If one waits months to spec out the car and then must pay another deposit, that tells me the clock actually starts ticking when the second deposit is placed. But I agree, that unless you spec out something really odd or ugly, they should have no problem selling it. I have purchased new vehicles before that were really specially optioned and the story always was, that someone ordered it that way and they did not make the final purchase. My car spec'd out with about $100K of options, but no second deposit required.

rob5819 likes this.
  9. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Yes and with that ,the other distinct possibility, is that the dealer getting let's say an extra 50k in deposits for options is just a nice cash float to play with.

10. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Meaning 10 deposits at 50k =half mil.

11. srtullio

srtullio Karting

Mar 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Insignificant update.
    Car ordered 5/20/21.

MyFerrari app status waiting list with stock photo. 5/27/21

MyFerrari app status waiting list with a different stock photo 6/3/21

Have you guys seen different stock photos used for this process? Does it just cycle through them or change based on something else?

12. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Big mystery-who really knows?--only mine was the actual car.LOL

13. Bigbobo

Bigbobo Karting

Jul 25, 2020
    Northern CA
    Yes, the stock photo also changed on my app as well. Yes, I’m still at the waiting list phase also.

14. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I finally took delivery of my first Ferrari this week, a 2021 Nero Daytona F8. I’ve wanted a Ferrari since I was a kid. I’ve come close to buying an older one a few times (308, 328, 355, 512TR – all cars I lusted for as a kid) but I’ve been heavily tracking & racing cars for many years so I always ended up buying Porsches and proper racecars. About 2 years ago I made the decision to finally go for it and was looking at 458’s and F12’s and I went into my local dealer to look at some used ones, when we started discussing the F8. I’m generally more of a N/A guy, but I’m likely keeping my manual GT3 9k RPM screamer long-term so I was willing to sacrifice the soundtrack for the thrust of a TT V8, and the idea of building my dream car to my own specs sealed the deal. Anyway, it’s been a long wait but the car is here and it’s beautiful beyond words, inside & out. And with the Novitec valveless exhaust (+ stock cats) the car sounds glorious. Honestly I’m enjoying the sound more than my GT3 that has both side mufflers replaced with straight pipes & valves removed. The GT3 is more raspy, and a little louder, but this Novitec exhaust is magic. Of course, sound is subjective but it has such a smooth, exotic very high pitch tone that is intoxicating – I can’t get enough. The car goes in Monday for full body PPF, ceramic, and some minor custom details. I’ll report back with detailed driving impressions once I log some proper miles, but here are some pics for now >>>

Attached Files:

15. Tomnguyen

Tomnguyen Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 7, 2016
    OR
    My dealer clearly only took 10k deposit for my north of 350s spec. They wont ask anything more until the car arrived. First ferrari for me as new and took 6 months for the whole process. I totally in love with the while process and already thinking to add more horse to the garage.

Tech Nerd likes this.
  16. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Absolutely beautiful bro! You will love it more everyday. Enjoy in great health!

Cigarzman, jm2 and Hunter911 like this.
  17. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Menacing!!!

GT2goneF, c8spidey and Hunter911 like this.
  18. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Congratulations Hunter911!

Hunter911 likes this.
  19. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Same experience here!

20. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Congrats!! I must say, watching you guys take delivery is making my wait somewhat easier!

Question on the Novitec... did your dealer do the work? Any feedback on warranty impact?

Tomnguyen and GT2goneF like this.
  21. nickbains26

nickbains26 Rookie

May 16, 2019
    Bay Area, CA
    Did you add wheel spacers?

22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Dealer did mine. Springs, wheels and exhaust. They said this would void my warranty. I call bluff and BS and did it anyway. I don't think there is a straight answer yet. But as long as you do not touch ECU and mess around with Cats. I find it hard to believe they can ding you for exhaust. Oversized wheels, may ding your steering/suspension warranty. I did it anyway. Screw it. It is my car, I do what I please with it.

23. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Yes, Novitec.

24. Hunter911

Hunter911 Karting

Mar 8, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I agree, just a rear section exhaust and no tune, I believe in most cases you will be fine, but having a dealer who is cooperative is a plus. Seems some are and some aren't.

25. nickbains26

nickbains26 Rookie

May 16, 2019
    Bay Area, CA
    What size?