AC control | FerrariChat

AC control

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Dchrisnota, May 26, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dchrisnota

Dchrisnota Rookie

May 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    CHRIS NOTARANGELO
    2003 456MGTA- Where can you get the AC/heat control rebuilt. mine blows hard on 4 and is very low on every other setting

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Magic word?

3. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joel Delman
    Funny to see this post... Just this morning I left my (new to me) 2004 575m with my mechanic, and mentioned exactly what you noted - 4 blows like a tornado, 3 is barely a whisper. 1 and 2, not even noticeable.

My mechanic - who's about the best in Los Angeles - laughed and said they are all like that, just the way they work and can't be adjusted.

4. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Not true assuming the 575 is the same as the 550. I had my fan resistor/controller repaired, I now have 4 very different speeds. Slow, medium, high, tornado. There are actually 8 speeds that the ECU can choose from when in auto mode, but only 4 manual speeds. Before the repair, I had only very slow or tornado. You can also buy a new resistor/controller if you don’t want to have it repaired, p/n 64280200. Same part for 456/550/575. It’s a real pain to access.

https://www.technozen-electronics.co.uk/mg-zs-rover-45-climate-control-repairs/

Qavion, rhern213 and Joel Delman like this.
  5. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Thanks for mentioning that, had no idea the auto mode had 8 speeds. It's been annoying that you can't make it cool while having a conversation with your passenger from how loud tornado mode is. Looks like I'm going to start trying auto fan speed and controlling it via the temp knob.

Joel Delman likes this.
  6. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Who is the mechanic? best in LA?

7. Joel Delman

Joel Delman Karting

May 4, 2021