Cat Delete - 599 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cat Delete - 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by HORNETDRIVER, Jun 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

That's great, good to know!

2. Kyle Stoffer

Kyle Stoffer Karting

Sep 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kyle R Stoffer
    Got the Fabspeed cat deletes in. Absolutely glorious. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sound is amazing. Throttle response also better…but the sound…unreal!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  3. Inadeje

Inadeje Karting

Yes, I did the same, pretty much negates any further meddling with backbox muffler nor anything else. The sound is perfect, there’s a definite difference in throttle immediacy and the sound above 4k revs and at initial startup is glorious. Quite amazing that such a quick simple mod is all it takes. Also, my all-in cost was $1200 + 250 labor

4. Michael8888

Michael8888 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2019
    Free Republic of Florida
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Waiting for my bypass pipes now from Fabspeed, can't wait to get them.

I am not the most handy on projects like this...I imagine any competent exhaust shop can do this job fairly simply?

5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Yep. It is all easily accessed from under the car and only a handful of bolts so anyone can do it.

6. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

I just had the car out this morning and thinking what a great upgrade the Fabspeed pipes have been. The car is just right in terms of not too loud, not too soft.

7. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I couldn't agree more. I have the HGTE exhaust with the Fabspeed pipes and at higher RPM it definitely is a chorus but you can drive it around more gently and be pretty quiet. It actually matches the character of the car perfectly, the cushy luxury ride hiding a fire breathing beast.

8. Kyle Stoffer

Kyle Stoffer Karting

Sep 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kyle R Stoffer
    I did the install myself, but I’ve got a lift, which makes it really easy. A muffler shop could probably do it in less than an hour. Surprisingly it was extremely simple. I wouldn’t expect the install to be more than a few hundred dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    my small garage did it recently for one hour job, 85 euros and I agree with all the comments, lovely

George Vosburgh likes this.
  10. Michael8888

Michael8888 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2019
    Free Republic of Florida
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Has anyone combined the Fabspeed bypass with Fabio's 6-1 headers?

11. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Yes but it is loud. And Fabio has a bypass as well. If I were to go Fabio 6-1 I would use his high flow cats. Probably would pass smog AND it would be a tad quieter. I don't want it blaring all of the time. The car is a GT after all.

12. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

13. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    #39 DZ-96, Dec 19, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2021

You can use any kind of the bypass pipes with Fabios system.

Fabios system is separated in 3 components each side
    Headers - cat/catless - connection to the mid stock exhaust

You can install following variants without problem : (sequence is from front to rear)

Variant 1 with cats
    1.1 : Fabios 6-1 headers - Fabios cats - Fabios bypass pipes
    1.2 : Fabios 6-1 headers - Fabios cats - Tubi bypass pipes
    1.3 : Fabios 6-1 headers - Fabios cats - Fabspeed bypass pipes
    1.4 : Fabios 6-1 headers - Fabios cats - any other bypass pipes

Variant 2 catless
    2.1 : Fabios 6-1 headers - Fabios catless pipes - Fabios bypass pipes
    2.2 : Fabios 6-1 headers - Fabios catless pipes - Tubi bypass pipes
    2.3 : Fabios 6-1 headers - Fabios catless pipes - Fabspeed bypass pipes
    2.4 : Fabios 6-1 headers - Fabios catless pipes - any other bypass pipes

Variant 3
    3.1 : Fabios 6-1 headers - Fabios cats - Fabios silencers
    3.2 : Fabios 6-1 headers - Fabios cats - original sec cats (makes no sense)

Variant 4
    4.1 : Fabios 6-1 headers - Fabios catless pipes - Fabios silencers
    4.2 : Fabios 6-1 headers - Fabios catless pipes - original sec cats (makes no sense)

Loudness (with original rear mufflers)
    Any variant 1 is similar to the GTO, I'm sure it's a little bit louder than GTO because GTO mufflers works different (perforated tube)
    Any variant 2 is loud, too loud for many countries and to loud for many humans who do not tolerate traffic noise
    Any Variant 3 is very agreeable, very silent with closed valves, acceptable noise with open valves
    Any variant 4 could be similar to variant 1

One thing :
    My system with Fabios 6-1 headers - Fabios cats - Tubi bypass pipes is still for sale in the parts section for incredible 7000$ free shipped to USA.
    Used for about 700 km, like new.
    Unique chance to get a light used system, because nobody sells a system after installing.
    The best you can do to your 599, the best sound you will get for this car !!!

Daniel

George Vosburgh likes this.
  14. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    My cats are intact but have a bypass

It’s all I need

15. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Care to be more specific? There are pre-cats in the headers and the main cats about mid ship under the car. What is bypassed?

16. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    John

I believe there are no precat bypass headers on the market, so he should have the main cat bypass tubes from Tubi or Fabspeed.
    And his sound speaks for original headers with Y pipes and main cat bypass tubes.

Daniel

17. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    You can get Fabio's with or without pre-cats. Since he said "my cats are intact" I wanted to confirm what he is talking about.

18. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

Next time you have the bottom trays off take some pictures so we can what you're talking about.

Skidkid likes this.
  19. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    In the short video you can hear that he has original headers (6-2-1).
    Totally different to 6-1 sound.

The original system has precats inside the headers, Y pipes, main cats.
    The Lambda control is before the precats on top of each header and after the precats inside the Y pipe.
    Common mod is to change the uncontrolled main cats against the Tubi/Fabspeed cat delete pipes.
    No CEL light because main cats are not Lambda checked.
    You do not change the sound characteristic, car gets a little bit more aggressive and louder.
    That's it.

Fabio's system has no precats.
    It has only 2 main cats directly after the headers (or Fabio's cat delete) like the GTO system.
    The Tubi/Fabspeed/Fabio's cat delete (normally for the original main cats) has another function, they connect Fabio's main cats with the mid section.
    So, at Fabio's system, they should be called connection tubes.

Hope this brings a little bit clearness.

Perhaps he didn't know that there are precats and maincats, so he thought he threw out his working cats against the cat delete pipes.

Daniel

Michael8888 and George Vosburgh like this.
  20. F3RN4ND0

F3RN4ND0 Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    F3RN
    I have the Fabspeed cat delete pipes for several years now and I'm very happy.
    I have one question though.
    Is it true that same pipes with an X design would highly improve the quality and pitch (not the volumen) of the sound ??
    Is there any alternative of this kind in the market that you may know ?

21. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Fernando

Getting the high pitch from the GTO is possible with headers, not with X or H pipes.
    I never saw a X pipe for the 599 GTB, Fabio's pipes are with a connection, so a H.
    This should delete drone.

I have a X pipe at my 550, the car had installed this when I bought her in 2010.
    The sound was dirty, raspy, rough, but absolute not high pitch.

When I installed the 6-1 at my 550, the rough sound was still present, but then with the high pitch.

You can check some videos about F12 or 812, with installed X pipes, so you can hear the raspy sound you will get with a X pipe.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

Skidkid likes this.
  22. F3RN4ND0

F3RN4ND0 Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    F3RN
    Thanks Daniel !
    Appreciate.

23. Michael8888

Michael8888 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2019
    Free Republic of Florida
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Finally got my Fabspeed secondary cat bypass pipes on a couple of weeks ago...wow! I love it...what a fantastic, bang-for-the-buck upgrade...the sound, particularly in the low gears is certainly the best of any car I have owned. It completely transforms the car.

Condor Man, Zaza and George Vosburgh like this.
  24. targajoe

targajoe Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Collegeville
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Well, add me to the club. I had my friends at Soul Performance create a set of secondary cat delete pipes for me this week. I only have about 50 miles on the car since the install, but so far I love the change. This is the only mod I have on the car at this point.

At start up and under 4K rpm, I can't really tell any difference from stock. Which for me is perfect. If I just want to drive and relax, the car is just as quiet and comfortable as before. From 4K to about 6K rpm the magic starts to happen. A sharper, louder sound over stock. And from 6K to redline the car sounds wonderful. Louder and more aggressive than before. Some snappy pops on the over run. When doing free revs the car is noticeably louder and more aggressive.

This mod is exactly what I hoped it would be. Still quiet and civil when needed, but turned up to 11 when in the fun zone. This is such a simple, and relatively low cost mod that I would recommend it to anyone. I will try to grab a couple sound clips later this week.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Skidkid and George Vosburgh like this.