No gts v. F8 spider thread? | FerrariChat

No gts v. F8 spider thread?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by jamie140, May 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    #1 jamie140, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 18, 2021
    My F8 keeps getting pushed out, I had to buy another 488 spider in the interim.

Dealer now tells me gts would only be an additional 6 months wait.

Can anyone compare and contrast the two?

ryalex likes this.
  2. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Same story here. Something up with allocations. My F8 just got pushed back as well. GTS is a ways off and who knows about SF90.

I’m afraid all my cars will show up at once. That’s awkward.

Why not do both ?

Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

How long are u looking at, I was told 12 months for a coupe.

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

How long are u looking at, I was told 12 months for a coupe.

5. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    The true sign of an addict :D

dpw98 likes this.
  6. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    My F8 spider was supposed to be here this summer. Then the end of the year. Now next year.
    I have a coupe. Not sure why except “allocations.”

Still waiting on allocation on 812 gts but the TM spec will push back production I am sure.

7. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Your obviously a good...vip?....client but surprised they still have allocations for the GTS. Or are you saying that the committed one to you and u are waiting on the literal build slot. Semantics but my dealer is saying the list is full and they don’t have room for more. Weird on the spider...wonder if the Roma is overloading the v8 line.

8. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I can w the coupe. Totally different animals. The f8 feels smaller, much lower and more go cart like...in a good way. GTS sounds amazing and with an upgrade Of exhaust and deletion of gpf even better...far more GT like but still a beast and very agile. It feels more “special” to me but that’s subjective. It flies on the radar more and if you want to drive for hours on a trip it’s sublime, the f8 is great but nearly as comfortable. Full disclosure, I don’t have an f8 in the garage with my others but have spent a fair amount of time in the seat. Had a 488 spider but haven’t driven the f8. Net it out...which is probably obvious since I don’t one...GTS is my pick by a wide margin. But I am also 49 and more of a GT guy, always have been, so take w. Grain of salt

9. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    My F8 Spider is built and about to hit the boat to come over, but I was told that a GTS allocation is very unlikely as my dealer simply isn't getting enough cars to where it makes sense to add more to the list.

10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Simple. High revving, big block NA 6.5L V12 versus small block 3.9L turbo V8. True the GTS is muffled but its still all about the engine and where its located.

Caeruleus11 and RamsHmb like this.
  11. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    GTS can still be had. I declined one a few months back.

12. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Me? Have a slot. GTS build going TM but my allocation is at end do order is not locked.

Been waiting for a long time.

13. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Both is the correct answer I believe.

14. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Awesome. If you are game it would be great to see what you are building when you get the renderings. Been a little scared to go the TM route and not patient enough. It’s a keeper car so we’ll worth it. Congrats!

15. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Will do..

Others may chime in about dealer allocations and who gets what. I am told that TM cars take a year to build and do not in and off themselves get an allocation. Don’t know if the dealer has an incentive to push those cars forward sooner or not.

I did not want anything special on my SF90 spider to slow it down.

I assume games are played.

RamsHmb likes this.
  16. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Not a whale, likely not a vip, but a pretty good customer. Told my sa I didn't want to deposit unless guaranteed a car. Got two 'congratulations' emails and hopefully will get a car next year.

Boots and RamsHmb like this.
  17. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Congrats, Jamie. Early days but any spec ideas?

18. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Ferrari is also being effected by the chip shortage. I’m in line for an F8 spider, and last I heard was around this time next year. So we’ll see.

GTS didn’t feel that much better than my SF after a short demo. Went with F8 spider instead to compliment the 812SF

19. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Usually never discuss cars with the wife but she saw this on my screen and thinks I should just copy it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNDHMDwM7Dn/

20. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
  21. fastmover

fastmover Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2009
    NA
    Looks great but I would consider deleting the CLDT (colored inner details) option. You can see the bright orange stripes reflecting onto the windshield in the last picture. Could be even worse when the car is outside.

22. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    I currently have both TM GTS and F8S. Very different and definitely would do both. My GTS took almost 2 years, but I’m sure some was due to the pandemic and specialty vendors getting parts and pieces. F8 Spider only took 8 months.
    I honestly don’t get to drive the F8 very often as my wife has truly taken it over as her DD. It’s a fantastic car and, to me, the best of the series from 458-488-F8. Can be civilized but also feel very much like a race car.
    GTS has real power and a more visceral feel, but also a true GT car with more manners than you might expect given the horses.
    If I could only have one it would be the GTS, but would truly be sad to give up the F8S.
    The TM options may explain the choice here as it just feels more “special” and differentiated of a car.