Hello looking for some advice | FerrariChat

Hello looking for some advice

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Obxairman, May 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Obxairman

Obxairman Rookie

Jun 11, 2015
    Aguadilla Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Sean Gibbs
    Hey there friends ,
    I am looking to buy my first Ferrari and I am a partially retired air conditioning contractor living on the west coast of Puerto Rico. I'm looking for a beautiful car to drive around town and play with . I'm definitely not super wealthy but I can afford 100k . I'd like a car that I can work on with reasonable guidance , I'd like good air conditioning, a great sound and some power , iv had a zo6 vett and I am not expecting that kind of power nor do I want it . I'm seeing some are really long on the tooth and parts are getting difficult to find , so I realize there are no perfect answers and I won't drive it daily but I will get used . I'm cool and happy with a manual transmission , I'd also like a removable roof . Any thoughts or opinions will be valued

paulchua likes this.
  2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #2 greyboxer, May 29, 2021
    Last edited: May 29, 2021
    Welcome - look up the last 100K thread a couple of months ago then check out the relevant model sections according to what floats your boat - which is 'beautiful' to you - you may find a California (convertible & modern a/c but paddles) cuts it or a 348 (less good a/c but manual) but they are very different - either way there's a huge amount of information already here to help you maintain it

Found it for you : https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/help-best-entry-level-ferrari-100k.625171/

And another https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrari-on-a-budget-choice.639106/

Obxairman likes this.
  3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    California. Ticks all the boxes except manual transmission. Find shop locally in PR who can do the transmission rebuild in San Juan if needed.

4. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    360 manual if you can find one within your budget. If not 360 F1. You will have enough cash remaining to address any expensive F1 related repairs.
    As a retired AC contractor you should have strong mechanical skillset. 360 F1 or manual are not difficult Ferraris to maintain and do most of the work yourself. Basic metric tools. Diagnostic tools available to adjust system settings. Parts still available. Strong Ferrarichat support for this model.
    California is a beautiful Ferrari. My understanding difficult to repair for the DIYer!

5. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Spend a little more and get a 430, its 100 times better than a 360 , its a shame the manuals are double the price. If you want a manual, get a 355, 348 , 328. If you opt for a front mounted F Car, hold off until you can afford a V12 , those V8s were made for all the jerk offs out here in California for status. ( present company excluded) , its that simple, they wouldnt know what to do with a 600 HP car if their life depended on it .

Thank you