458 - Gated Manual Ferrari 458, looks like EAG are really doing it! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

458 Gated Manual Ferrari 458, looks like EAG are really doing it!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Tarek307, Jun 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    May not make much sense to most people, but some people find the idea very compelling.

I suspect that EAG have so many things going on right now, that a project like this which would be challenging enough for a factory engineering team, is a total non-starter. At least right now anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The question is, if someone wants a manual gearbox, why would he want a 458 rather than any other existing /possible option?
    The 458 is praised as a package (of which the DCT is a significant part); if one changes the gearbox, why not changing also the engine, and so on... except that if everything is changed, why choosing a specific car to do that...
    I'm not a big fan of modifying cars (specially if it's to go backward in technology) but as a possible proposal, a 430 Scuderia with stick would make at least some sense to me (since it does not imply changing the gearbox, F430 came with the stick option, and the F1 system is just an automated system on top of the manual gearbox).

evo3 and Need4Spd like this.
  3. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I’d like to see a conversion available for the 360 and 430 cars. Those were intended to be manual transmission as an option and the ones that have it are certainly more valuable. Anyone know if this has been done?

4. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    This has been done many times over now. EAG and now Gated Six provide parts and do the conversion, but a number of other ships have signed on to do conversions as well.

5. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave

I have a feeling these guys are going to be very busy when everything goes turbo hybrid electric , or full electric. Better tool up now.

6. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

... and here I am trying to figure out how to get a DCT into my F430! lol

Just caught up on this thread. I think the idea is cool, but beyond the 360/430 I don't feel the manual pairs well. I've driven the 458, and the DCT is a lot of fun, and matches the engine well. I actually think the manual would be less fun in that specific model.