Ferrari dealer in Lima Peru? | FerrariChat

Ferrari dealer in Lima Peru?

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Azorf, Dec 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Azorf

Azorf Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 12, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Hello Listers,
    I am going to be in Lima over the Holidays, I was wondering if there was a Ferrari dealer in Lima Peru? This will be my third trip to Peru, but first to Lima. If not a Ferrari dealer are there any dealers of Exotics there?
    Thanks in advance for your reply,
    Peter

2. Jaga

Jaga Rookie

Aug 5, 2006
    Europe Highway
    You be lucky if you find a BMW dealer

3. GdLV

GdLV Rookie

Jun 29, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Guy
    Hi, I know this topic is old but in case anyone else is interested I thought I would do justice to Peru

As a matter of fact, there is much more in Peru than one would imagine.

There are a few Ferrari on the streets in Lima. The main dealers I know are Fiat and SKbergé. SKBergé imports Ferrari and Maserati for Chile, and I am pretty sure they could also handle the import for Peru.

Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-AMG and Porsche are well established. I have seen some Audi R8 and AMG in the streets.
    I have also seen a few Lamborghini, but I don't know any retailer. I assume they must have been imported 'privately'.

There is also a very nice private collection mixing classic and more modern cars worth seeing, belonging to Nicolini (http://www.museodeautosnicolini.com/). They also do restoration. I have seen a few cars shipped from Europe to be restored there.

Guy

4. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Here is what used to happen to a lot of classic sports cars imported to Peru. This was brought over by a Japanese collector who passed away while working in Peru leaving the car to fend for it's self. It was completely rusted out when found in the mud.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Never been to Peru howevr I own a 1966 shelby Gt 350 that was imported to lima peru new and was used as a race car driven by Teodora yagali the car raced several years and won the 3000km race in Peru two years in a row.. I canno remember the name of the race ..

INRange likes this.
  6. Ramiro GBR

Ramiro GBR Rookie

Dec 28, 2019
    I know this post is a little old, but you are correct. SKBerge imports Ferrari, they take orders but just don't have any in stock. Maserati does have a dealership now.
    I've counted around 50 Ferraris in Peru. The most "common" model is the 488 with around 15. Im pretty sure there are a few more Ferraris that i havent seen though.

Lamborghini and Bentley just opened their dealership a few months ago, that means most of the big brands are here now. (Aston Martin and Mclaren opened one a few years ago).

7. GdLV

GdLV Rookie

Jun 29, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Guy
    Thanks for the heads-up!

I found out about McLaren being in Lima doing some research after ending up behind a 720S for a few minutes in San Isidro. But I did not know about Lamborghini and Bentley, and it seems they are just a few blocks away... I might go and check them once the situation will have improved.

8. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

Having spent a week working in Lima a couple of years ago, driving is definitely a exteme sport. Driving in an exotic on Lima is just off the charts.:D

LARRYH likes this.
  9. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    I used to layover in Lima quite a bit in the late '90's and early/mid 2000's when flying the A-300 for AA. There was a Ferrari Club in Miraflores. The Rosa Corsa bar I believe. I still have the Tee shirt and sticker!
    It was a factory authorized club too! A really nice guy ran the place. Lots of memorabilia.

willcrook likes this.