F8 - Order Status | Page 71 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nlpamg

nlpamg Karting

Oct 18, 2014
    I'm late, but I just found out that my F8 has gone 30. I assume I should be getting some pics in a couple weeks?

2. MerlinAZ

MerlinAZ Rookie

May 13, 2021
    It looks like your seats are Rosso Ferrari? Do you think they're too bright a color with the white exterior?

Cigarzman and of2worlds like this.
  3. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Still a newb here, so go easy on me... Lol

Ferrari app says waiting list.

Dealer says I’m 10R as of a week ago and should go to 20 sometime in next few weeks.

In Ferrari App, when I click on the car, I now have a VIN assigned. I read somewhere on here this means Status 20?

Ordered in July of ‘20, so getting antsy!!!

jsh458ft likes this.
  4. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe

Did you get a pop up message when the VIN was added? Mine still reads just waiting list.

Thx!

5. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    No pop up or alert. I just happened to notice shortly after dealer told me I flipped to 10R.

In the app, in My Garage you see a stock photo of your car and it says Waiting List. Click on the car and it brings you to a second screen which gives options for Photos and Configuration Details. Right under the picture, it now has a VIN number.

HTH!
    Rick

pninja005 likes this.
  6. Bigbobo

Bigbobo Karting

Jul 25, 2020
    Northern CA
    I placed my order back in September of 2020 and just paid the options payment 2 weeks ago. My app still shows waiting list as well with no VIN number assigned.

7. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    My order went in July 2020, so maybe that is the difference? What is an “options payment?” That is a new term to me....

8. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    FWIW the following was my recent experience and timing.

I placed an initial downpayment in mid December 2020. Once I locked in my options, I made a second deposit in late January 2021. Until I made the second deposit and officially locked in my options, etc. the clock really did not begin in terms of getting an actual production slot. Within a handful of weeks after the second deposit, the process picked up rather quickly. In March the dealer told me my car was in production. I received my first photo April 7, my second photo April 12, and the final photo April 15. The photos obviously came well after production - at least in my case. My car was shipped on or about April 15 and just arrived at the port. I did not use the app but went to the website that showed me as wait listed through the entire process! And, I only received the VIN from my dealer directly and not via the web site.

For my case, the most accurate status info came from the dealer.

The best advice from the dealer was to get the options locked in ASAP. That is how Ferrari determines the actual production slot, etc. which makes sense. If your options are not locked in, even with an allocation Ferrari can't fill a production slot.

9. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Can you clarify what you mean by "options payment?"

Thanks,

Rob

10. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Can you clarify what you mean by "second deposit?"

I'm guessing that Ferrari gave your dealer some build slots and the dealer needed you to lock in the options to get it going with Ferrari. Until the dealer got the allocations from Ferrari you can't really lock in anything. This is how it has been explained to me.

Thanks,

Rob

11. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    You are correct. From the beginning, the dealer told me that until I locked in my options the clock was not going to officilaly start. So, once I committed to the options with the dealer, the dealer then entered the order with options and we waited for the allocation and build slot for production. I gave an initial deposit on Day One (mid December 2020), that was fully refundable. Once I locked in the options, I gave a second deposit which theoretically was not refundable. I do not know the exact time frame, but the duration was not long between me locking in options and getting the allocation/production slot. As mentioned, I locked in end of January 2021 and by March my car was in production - so the time frame was approximately four weeks.

Also, my dealer told me when I first placed the initial deposit that the time frame for Tributos was six to seven months. Spiders were 12 to 18 months. Some have questioned the six to seven month time frame. In my case, the dealer has been spot on - if not one month early! My guess is that the dealers must have a reasonable sense of when the allocations are made and typically how many they get for each car. I am sure that there is some variation from time frame to time frame (especially with COVID), but month to month the dealers have a sense of their order flow and Ferrari allocations.

I have heard that some dealers perhaps only take one deposit, but my dealer asked for a second deposit when I locked the options in. My guess is that from a sales perspective people come into the dealerships, are not necessarily really serious and place the first refundable deposit. Buyers who then lock in options and make the second deposit at least show a bit more of being serious. Those are the people who then get the allocation as opposed to someone who might have paid the initial deposit but did not finalize options, etc. Just my opinion!

Hope that this info helps.

rob5819 likes this.
  12. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    My order placed Aug.,2020 and have vin # along with pics and specs

Tech Nerd likes this.
  13. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I was never asked for a second payment, just the initial deposit. My spec has remained the same for about 4 months now. Just waiting to progress from 10R to 20......hopefully soon!

14. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    My dealer asked for a second deposit because I asked for a special paint.

SV

15. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Can't blame dealer actually,especially if special paint was not very popular.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

They usually ask for one 6 months prior to delivery for options cost. At least they do that in Ferrari if SF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. srtullio

srtullio Karting

Mar 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I’m at the beginning of what will surely be a tough waiting period. I placed my order for a rosso corsa coupe on May 20th. My dealer (Beverly Hills) told me to expect an 8-10 month wait. After reading through many pages of this thread it looks like the dealers are generally pretty good at knowing how long the process will take.
    This will be my first Ferrari. Super excited for what is to come!

c8spidey, blkdiablo33, Chizz and 2 others like this.
  18. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    It’s worth the wait bro!

Cigarzman, c8spidey and srtullio like this.
  19. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    For me the worst part of the wait started when I saw the final production photo of my car at the end of the production line. From that point, time really slowed down. The car is complete, but yet so far away. And with all of the craziness going on with int'l shipping, port congestion, slow customs, etc. the process cannot happen fast enough!

I have a friend in the international freight forwarding business and he told me (after the fact) that I should have just paid a few thousand dollars extra and had the car flown into the US. Evidently cars are flown fairly often and the process is routine. This would have easily saved for East Coast delivery 5 weeks of time.

20. Tech Nerd

Tech Nerd Karting

May 23, 2020
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Interesting. So far no mention of second deposit from my dealer, Palm Beach Ferrari, only that I’m 10R and should be a week or two from 20. Someone else mentioned that you don’t get a VIN until Status 20, but I have a VIN. I don’t know - I just want her in my garage already!!!

21. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

I long for the day when the only options on a Ferrari were fitted luggage and metallic paint.

Joe

Chizz and Tech Nerd like this.
  22. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    Told by my dealer this morning that I flipped to status 60. The first picture showed up in the app and he said the first pic is retroactive back to status 20.

Chizz, Level7 and Tech Nerd like this.
  23. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    I ordered from Ferrari of Palm Beach in late August of last year. I'm still in 'waiting list'. When I inquired a couple of weeks ago as to status I was advised this month they got 1 F8 Spider allocation and last month 0. I'm #2 on the dealer list until they flip to production. I'm really hoping to at least go into production by next month assuming the chip shortage and other external factors out of our control don't further delay the process. If that's the case I assume I'm late Q4 delivery hopefully not early Q1 '22.

24. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    Did you put deposit down and spec out the car last August?

25. pninja005

pninja005 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Europe
    Got the VIN and currently at 30 :)

stretchgeneral likes this.