458 - 458 Appreciation Thread - Why do you love it? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 458 Appreciation Thread - Why do you love it?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Mikael-F360, May 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. r6elmo

r6elmo Karting

Sep 12, 2010
    I love the 458 mainly for the way it makes me feel when i get in and drive it...Car is very useable and is something you could daily with the large trunk space. I even have a booster seat in the carbon bucket so I can take my little one along...

photo from Sonoma raceway years ago....the stuff on the hood is the windshield washer fluid coming out from the various G-forces lol.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Looks familiar. :) Me on track, same fluid.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

r6elmo, Rexcat458 and Mikael-F360 like this.
  3. 458 Spider 0414

458 Spider 0414 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2017
    MIAMI, FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    RAY
    430jm, Graz, Mikael-F360 and 4 others like this.
  4. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    A picture is worth a thousand words.
    I am the original owner of this ‘13 spider.
    Had to run back inside for something. Couldn’t help but snap this pic. Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. 458 Spider 0414

458 Spider 0414 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2017
    MIAMI, FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    RAY
    Simply Awesome....

6. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
  7. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    grazie mille

8. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Action shots and all appreciation allowed in this thread. 458 looks amazing from any angle. You can't say that from many cars!

Rexcat458 and Petrolhead#32 like this.
  9. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    the design is a master piece: minimalist, sexy and aggressive that will age very very well. Interior isnt boring like germans, but not over the top either. A very nice mix, and much better quality than lambos with a sea of immature looking plastics whether you are in the v10 or v12.

Anything that revs to 9k will continue to excite you, the sound is pretty damn good (not the best ever) but very decent. Pull the valves and the volume is just right

So easy to maintain and upkeep vs older exotics. just flush fluids (many of which are easy to DIY) and it will continue to go on. Doesnt drain your wallet every year.

So easy to use even your woman will love driving it. Not intimidating at all

Enough power to be enjoyed on the streets and canyons and still be considered as a "supercar", not overly fast that you are just constantly frustrated or too slow that u feel outdated

10. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
  11. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ditto on my ‘15 458 Italia... Stunning scenery in your first photo. Wishing you many “s-miles” and good times in your Spider!

Cheers!

bball16 likes this.
  12. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Thanks; yes it is Mugello.

Interesting story: I had ordered a 488 in Mugello; spent a couple of hours on the Configurator spec'ing exactly what I wanted. A couple of months later the dealer called and told me that a used 458 in almost exactly the same configuration had just come in. I was of course dubious: how close could it be?

Turns out it was 99.9% what I had ordered; only the Nav was missing (no loss there) and the Burgundy stitching on the headrest Cavallino; not exactly show-stoppers. It took me 5 milliseconds to say yes. Never regretted that decision

Rexcat458 and Mikael-F360 like this.
  13. Widebody_Don

Widebody_Don Karting

Apr 16, 2021
    Agree with everything mentioned. Shifting in race mode while going under a bridge is my favorite part.

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  14. michaelr

michaelr Rookie

May 18, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Michael Riccioni
    I've had mine about a year now and unfortunately only driven it about 150 miles. So the next drive I'll be doing in it is to get it services and MOT'd :(

I had planned to drive down to maranello in it last year, however due to covid it put a stop to that. This year is also cancelled. Maybe next year....

I love it because it is my first Ferrari and never thought i'd own one/especially not this model. Upgraded from an R8 spyder which I loved, but as soon as I went to Ferrari and checked the 458 out and drove it there was no going back... Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Battleweapons

Battleweapons Rookie

Aug 16, 2017
    Jerez De La Frontera
    One of the best modern sports car... handles very well, slides better than an AMG...revs and sounds like no other... much more reliable than what people think... looks amazing... elegant ... last NA, last Pininfarina berlineta for Ferrari, last collaboration with Micheal Schumacher... powerful enough...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. CDP1231

CDP1231 Rookie

Aug 21, 2020
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Claud Parsons
    Like everyone else has said, driving my 458 is special each and every time. She drives like a go-kart, still looks exotic, and people gravitate toward her every time I stop somewhere. This is my first Ferrari and I seriously thought about getting a Lamborghini (I know, horrors) Gallardo Superleggera or the Huracan but just couldn't do it after having driven and looked at the 458. I wash and baby her at least once a week (sometimes more), and use any excuse to take her out for an errand. Occasionally I will just walk into my garage and just stare at her and wonder how I was able to buy and drive such a master piece. I just love her... Almost as much as my wife. Ok, she's my mistress ! Image Unavailable, Please Login !

17. mhunger

mhunger Rookie

Apr 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    marc hungerford
    Amazing car. Looks like clean sheet of paper design derivative of nothing. Excellent aerodynamics without tacky aerodynamic gewgaws like wings or splitters, or giant scoops like later models. Electrifying handling. Stability electronics that enhance your fun rather than detract from it. Modern car reliability and elimination of traditional Ferrari maintenance pitfalls such as engine out service, etc. N/A soundtrack is one of the best ever made. I would choose this car over and over again. In 20 years, when we are all being coached around in self driving uber, and gasoline can only be bought at the pharmacy in 1l bottles, I will tell my grandchildren: " I owned a 458, and driving it was like grabbing a puma by the tail"

18. Mike_88

Mike_88 Rookie

May 30, 2019
    Full Name:
    Michael Jones
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Moving from a black F430 spider to a bright red 458 Spider was like moving from an analog to a digital age. Despite getting a flat tire on the drive back from Edinburgh to London and spending much of the journey on a low-loader it didn't detract from the experience. I had entered into a world of super fast gear changes and a V8 that to this day still sounds glorious every time she's started. Despite the 600 mile journey from Scotland I only drove her 1k miles due to Covid - was planning a trip to some twisty roads - having a supercar in London is like keeping a lion in a cage. I couldn't imagine being without an NA V8 the roar of the engine is half the fun!

19. Mic16668

Mic16668 Rookie

Mar 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike
  20. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    150 miles in a year!? I drove more than that in the first day I had it. :p

You have far more self control than I do.

21. Julianfp

Julianfp Rookie

Aug 9, 2020
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Julian Farren-Price
    100% agree and mine is black too (a spider), just to make it even more special

22. Julianfp

Julianfp Rookie

Aug 9, 2020
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Julian Farren-Price
    Totally agree especially about enough power. Why would you need more. Saw a video of a guy in a Pista who turned the traction control off and accelerated hard on a straight. Put the car into the trees and wrote it off!

23. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    This one https://ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/pista-crash.641414/ ?

24. Roberto Villanueva

Apr 20, 2018
    Atlanta
    I loved my 458. Breathtaking performance was readily available. The handling was unbelievably precise. The breaking was outstanding. The sport exhaust was so intense that it would shake you to the core. The car looked great and turned heads everywhere. It was a transcendent experience. On the other side the performance would dampen in certain situations and as a result would lead you to craving a little bit more power at times. And the seats were hard enough to give me sciatica in the right leg. But I loved that car. I ended wrecking it (no one hurt) and totaling it. I am still recovering emotionally from that. But I do remember having some great times in that car and it is worthy of a tribute post. Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Petrolhead#32

Petrolhead#32 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2020
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Petrolhead#32
    Never seen those wheels. They fit the Spider, since they look a bit like spiders! :) Very cool

Mic16668 likes this.