F12 CABIN SQEAKS AND RATTLES | FerrariChat

F12 CABIN SQEAKS AND RATTLES

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by GPM, May 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GPM

GPM Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2015
    Vancouver BC
    I've heard some F12 owners complain about cabin noises right from day one, is this really prevalent or a rare thing, only asking cause i'm considering a purchase, thanks

2. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    None on my car, and it has 30k miles on it.

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    None here really, except when I go over a large bump one wheel at a time (as in going up a steep drive) the dash edge sometimes has a small creak sound. But other than that occasional noise mine is rock solid. Approaching 24k miles.

4. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    My F12 when I owned it was the least noisy car I have ever had. Much quieter than my current 812, which itself, is remarkably free of annoying noises.

5. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    The seats creak if you have power adjustable. It was explained to me the supports and stuff that feel like inflation is actually just a weave of cords that gets put under tension to simulate inflation. Those cords will eventually creak and moan while you are sitting in them and you move around. But during normal driving it's not noisy.

6. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    The only noise I get is from the seats, that I have as far back as possible and they rub against the rear bulkhead.
    The main noise is from my wife when I put my foot down just a little and valves open!

7. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Passenger seat will rattle when tires lose tread & vibrate. Seat belt tongue will also rattle against seat side. Same with 812.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat