Wanted - F12 Berlinetta / 812 | FerrariChat

Wanted F12 Berlinetta / 812

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by dreadwing007, May 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dreadwing007

dreadwing007 Rookie

May 22, 2021
    Texas / USA
    Full Name:
    John B
    #1 dreadwing007, May 22, 2021
    Last edited: May 22, 2021
    Greetings,

I am in the market for a cash deal, prefer private sale by owner on a 2014+ F12. Ideally black on black with under 20K miles with black rims. Open to other colors as I could get it eventually wrapped.

I was thinking about to putting in an order on a F8 but some of the reviews say the style and speed is outstanding but the sound is highly disappointing. So, I am now focusing my immediate attention on a F12 or an 812 superfast if I can get a good deal on one.

Price point ideally under 200K on a f12 and under 300K on an 812.

I appreciate any help, leads and advice!! Thank you.

2. iancoletx

iancoletx Rookie

Dec 9, 2019
    Houston, TX
    In this market, you’re looking at a blemished title or very high mileage car to hit those price points

Gh21631 and KY _Soldier like this.
  3. dreadwing007

dreadwing007 Rookie

May 22, 2021
    Texas / USA
    Full Name:
    John B
    Agreed, a bad time to be in the market for this type of a car. Those are ideal prices but for the right car and configuration I would pay more. Also figure a private deal would save us both the dealer markup. Thoughts?

4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Owners of special cars will not give them way in any market especially this one. Maybe look for a 599 or pre-599.

5. dreadwing007

dreadwing007 Rookie

May 22, 2021
    Texas / USA
    Full Name:
    John B
    I did find a F12 for right around 200k, but had over 20k miles on it, not bad. I think I’m close on the price and would stretch the budget a bit if needed. I’m up for other options but the F12 sounds amazing and seems to hold its value.

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Every one in any condition will sell. The spec, condition and mileage are key influences on value. Hope you find what you are looking for.

dreadwing007 likes this.
  7. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    As someone who bought a F12 in January, you missed the market by about 6 months to a year to find what you want at your price point (I almost bought one a year ago similar to your wants for $195k private sale). As others have said, you will need to extend your budget for a clean title car. Good luck!

KY _Soldier and dreadwing007 like this.
  8. dreadwing007

dreadwing007 Rookie

May 22, 2021
    Texas / USA
    Full Name:
    John B
    It seems that way!! I’m willing to go above 200k, but still seems like not a lot of people are selling these!!

Dealer prices are 210-220k, so I still think a 200k deal is attainable for someone looking to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. dreadwing007

dreadwing007 Rookie

May 22, 2021
    Texas / USA
    Full Name:
    John B
    Just to be clear, I’m looking for sale by owners on a F12. Ideally 200k but depending on year and color scheme I’m fine with over 200k. I understand the market is hot and just looking for the non dealer markup .-)

Does anyone have a F12 to sell, if so PM me or reply. I get that I missed the window for any discounts so just really looking for the right car.

Thanks

10. Raj seth

Raj seth Karting

Sep 24, 2020
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Raj seth
    Stay on it.. I bought F12 after much haggling/ looking. So glad I did. Learning to drive it...I simply can’t imagine a much better car albeit generally ****ty radio/ gps/ electronics that pale in comparison to $30k cars today.
    These cars are worth it. The car part - OMG good. Scary like everyone says but not near as intimidating as I expected. After driving this thing I can’t imagine ever leaving the brand. Wow. BTW - California T gave me very little of this “ oh my ****ing god “ feeling. V12... owners understand. So many videos etc but till you floor one of these at 50 mph it’s hard to convey. So happy w mine...

dreadwing007 likes this.
  11. dreadwing007

dreadwing007 Rookie

May 22, 2021
    Texas / USA
    Full Name:
    John B
    Thanks Raj, I appreciate the advice and will stay on the search, and maybe someone will have one to sell on the forum.

Lol ok the crappy gps, radio and tech, certainly getting the car for the v12/sound and performance.

12. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    What I was going to say. About 12 months too late. The hard part is that in this market, the dealer markup isn't as much because wholesale really is a thing of the past with Vroom, Carvana, etc. Not as much at this price point but still people know the values of them and dealers are paying top dollar to get inventory.

13. dreadwing007

dreadwing007 Rookie

May 22, 2021
    Texas / USA
    Full Name:
    John B
    Well, so far nobody has posted to say that they have a nice F12 for sale! :)

For low miles and the right car I will pay a fair price. I've asked Mike @Yellow Compass to help me with my search as well.

14. SirTony76

SirTony76 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    MN
    Have you thought about options that you want--or are you pretty open? I just bought an 812 (semi-truck is supposed to drop it off tomorrow) and must have options for me were racing seats, front axle lifter, carbon fiber driver zone, in addition to the color combo I ended up going with. Wanted to buy a front-engined V12 since the F12 came out (actually more like the 550, but I was in grade school then), finally was able to get the money together to buy one. If you want to chat more would be glad too as I spoke with a lot of people and did a lot of looking into it.

15. dreadwing007

dreadwing007 Rookie

May 22, 2021
    Texas / USA
    Full Name:
    John B
    Send me a PM plz, it would be good to chat!!

16. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    I found my Blu Pozzi/Cuoio F12 last August. I only wanted a blue car so that cut down the selection available. It took me about 6 months of searching before the right car popped up. At the time I was looking there seemed to be 15-20 cars available in the $200-$250 range depending on year and miles. Last August I paid $215 for a 2015 w/ 3800 miles.

Now asking prices seem to start at $230 and go to about $270k for later year low mile cars w/ good options. These are dealers cars I am seeing.

Good idea contacting Mike at Yellow Compass. He is fairly effective at finding cars. But if he calls jump on it. Good Luck!!!!

The F12 is a great GT. And I have had quite a few Ferrari GTs over the years. It's a big step up from the 599....which I keep promising to sell o_O

dreadwing007 likes this.
  17. dreadwing007

dreadwing007 Rookie

May 22, 2021
    Texas / USA
    Full Name:
    John B
    Finding the right car has definitely been more difficult than I excepted!! I am not in a particular hurry and have no problem waiting for a good fit.

I’ve already been in contact with Mike he’s been great. Doesn’t bs and tells it how it is which I prefer.

Do you have any pictures of your F12/599?! I realize I have to be a little less picky on the color schemes, and blu looks great too!!

Hopefully it all works out and realize this is not a fast easy process. Thanks for the reply and it’s helpful hearing others who were in similar situations!

18. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I tried to buy his 599 from him over a year ago, good luck!! Don’t look at it if you like beautiful cars…

dreadwing007 and JSinNOLA like this.
  19. dreadwing007

dreadwing007 Rookie

May 22, 2021
    Texas / USA
    Full Name:
    John B
    Now I totally have to see his 599!!!

20. dreadwing007

dreadwing007 Rookie

May 22, 2021
    Texas / USA
    Full Name:
    John B
    Wow @SCantera those are damn beautiful!! Love them both and especially the F12, too bad you're not selling!!! .-)

21. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Oooops......sorry about the extra picture of the St Pete GP. Fat fingers.

I probably will be selling the 599 at some point. The F12 is the replacement for the 599. On the other hand I could sell my SuperAmerica instead. It was my only convertible. However I am taking delivery of a '14 458 Spider that could render the SA less useful. Too many cars! I have a hard time letting go of cars I love and care for. I will run out of garage space soon though. Sorry for taking this thread off track. Here is the 458.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Cirorsi and dreadwing007 like this.
  22. Raj seth

Raj seth Karting

Sep 24, 2020
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Raj seth
    Was it cauley ( sp) dealer car you bought? . I recall the pic... love blue ones... thought for a moment when I first saw it but .. nice! That’s what I need to add to my F12 ..

23. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Yup. Bought it from Cauley through my dear friend Sig.

24. dreadwing007

dreadwing007 Rookie

May 22, 2021
    Texas / USA
    Full Name:
    John B