Car show in Cartersville tomorrow: | FerrariChat

Car show in Cartersville tomorrow:

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, May 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I am planning on doing this show tomorrow. No registration fee, no awards, just a relaxing spring day in a big field with lots of neat cars - hopefully like Caffeine & Octane but without the "noize". If any of you want to join me, come on up!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    I was thinking of going, but the picture they posted showed pretty ordinary cars and no exotics. Plus it looks like they are parking in a field.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    They are in a field, but that's nothing new; at the Euro Auto Festival in South Carolina, everyone parks on the grass. And at the Cavallino and the Concorso Italiano, they park on a golf course!

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Well, after all of that, I'm going to have to give it a miss. I've got some intestinal distress, and the idea of being in a field with just a porta-potty available didn't appeal to me.

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  6. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    Yeah, I can see a better selection and more cars at caffeine and octane or worship. Looked at the pics, pretty blah cars overall.

7. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    It is too bad the Worship folks sent out the general message to stay away if your car is not at least 25 years old. It was a nice option when they were welcoming to everyone.

tazz99 likes this.
  8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I think they were getting too many late-model cars that really were of little interest. I support their move.

9. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I would have assumed you supported their move, it just seemed a weird move to me after I first attended and Steve Cripps asked me to invite others like myself. Next time they say 'go away'.

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I think they're just trying to keep the event from becoming another Caffeine & Octane, a show that's gotten too big for its own good!

11. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I get that, but why tell someone to bring their friends and grow the show if you don't want to grow the show? Car shows are not my thing anyways, I prefer to drive in the hills.

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I think they want to "grow the show" but with the right kind of cars and at a reasonable pace. Bill, you should never have sold your Ginetta!

13. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    I agree. I’ve gone to several worships with my f430. Never had any issues and got along with everyone and had fun. So where are the written rules on how old a car must be? I think a lot of people own both newer cars as well as old cars and got turned off by the post and Will not show up with either car. Seems like a good way to kill the show ultimately. For those who favored this move how would you feel if they told your car was too old and you are not welcome?

14. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    The Ginetta is too new as it was built in 2002, but that was a fun car. Like the poster above, the tone of the message was a real snobby turn off, so I would not go as a participant in any case. What I though WAS great about the show was the general consistency that everyone there really enjoyed cars of all types. I had a good time last night with the local S2000 group, and they were glad to have me show up in my Tacoma straight from the airport.

tazz99 and aslowdodge like this.
  15. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    I have to say that most of the crowd are simply car lovers and may not reflect the view that the poster made that was a bit offensive.i like that it was a very friendly and more intimate group with no Burnouts and excessive reving .

BT likes this.
  16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I see a lot of show announcements which are clearly aimed at owners of classic cars and will say something like "1996 or older only" or "25 years old or older only". I have no problem with that if the policy is clearly indicated in advance. What is cheesy is turning people away if the policy is not specified in advance.

BT likes this.