60 Minutes To Feature Navy Pilot UAP Encounters | Page 2 | FerrariChat

60 Minutes To Feature Navy Pilot UAP Encounters

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by spicedriver, May 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    "These guys are trying to deal with something that is what they term an existential threat." - Tom DeLonge

greg328 likes this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Something is picked up by radar.
    Either error or real.
    Eye witness accounts corroborate, so the radar is picking up 'something.'
    To me prime suspect is China, but why let the cat out of the bag?
    I don't think Japan/Germany/France/UK would send advance ships off our coast.
    So to me two possibilities. Rocket/Missle/Drone/etc. by China or something else.
    Either way, as an American - I demand to know and resources used to determine what this phenomenon is (even if not UFO) - it's good to know what elements could confuse our radar.
    I mean, the interview said these things happen every day. I would direct 100% of Nasa resources at least to investigate until explained.

greg328 likes this.
  3. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Obvious and most likely is 3rd possibility. UFO's ;) :D
    Seriously. consider - How many galaxies estimated are there in the observable universe? between 176 billion and 2 TRILLION!!!
    100–400 billion stars and at least that number of planets in our Milky Way ALONE! times 176 billion galaxies = A LOT!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milky_Way

soooo, are we really alone? I'm saying there's a chance we're not. :eek: :)

tritone and NYC Fred like this.
  4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I saw a funny comment that if the military/government really thought there was any chance of aliens, they would be hyping that fact because that would absolutely lead to vastly increased defense budgets! How could any legislator say no?

5. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
  6. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    A possible reason as to why these reports aren't taken more seriously, is that there are those in government who already know what it is. This makes sense when you look at this in the context of past reports, with Roswell being the most famous. But there were others in that same area between 1945 and 1948. One possible explanation put forth is that the powerful radars setup to protect the Los Alamos National Labs during the war from air attack, somehow interfered with the craft's electromagnetic propulsion or guidance system, causing them to crash. Of course Los Alamos is where the first atomic bombs were developed.

https://trinitysecret.com/

Nembo1777 and greg328 like this.
  7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Just remember these words should you have to use them: "Klaatu barada nikto".

Boomhauer and spicedriver like this.
  8. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    #33 spicedriver, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 18, 2021
    Old movies were the best !

"It's possible somebody found us, before we found them."

"If they're that smart, what would they have to learn from us ? When you go to the zoo, do you talk the animals ?" - Chris Mellon

Nembo1777 likes this.
  9. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Yes. Yes I do. :p I also have conversations with my dog. :D

Love that quote. Perfect! But I wish they would step in and give us a clean, unlimited energy source like thermonuclear fusion. and ......

10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    We already have thermonuclear fusion, but it is neither clean nor quiet.

11. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    the kind that doesn't go BOOM. :eek:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    I’m laughing at the hysteria. Time to have your uteri removed...

13. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    5/21/2021 Pentagon Statement On AATIP

Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP)

The purpose of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP) was to investigate foreign advanced aerospace weapon system applications, with future technology projections over the next 40 years, and to create a center of expertise for advanced aerospace technologies. The goal was to help understand the threat posed by unconventional or leap-ahead aerospace vehicles and technologies that could have national security implications for the United States.

The program commenced in Fiscal Year (FY) 2008 with $10 million appropriated in the Defense Supplemental Appropriation Act. DIA awarded a contract to a sole bidder, Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies, LLC. The contract was known as the Advanced Aerospace Weapons System Applications Program (AAWSAP).

The contract goal was to study 12 technical areas: lift, propulsion, control, armament, signatures reduction, materials, configuration, power generation, temporal translation, human effects, human interface, and technology integration. The contractor identified and worked with academics and scientists to produce technical reports. In developing the reports and exploring how to create a “center of expertise,” the contract allowed for research drawn from a wide variety of sources, including reports of UAPs. However, the examination of UAP observations was not the purpose of AATIP.

The first 26 reports were completed by late 2009. The Defense Appropriations Act for FY2010 included an additional $12 million for the program, and 12 additional reports were produced. A total of 38 technical reports were delivered. The list is below. All of the reports are either classified or marked For Official Use Only. Only a few have been released to the public.

After a review in late 2009, it was determined that the reports were of limited value to DIA. The department terminated AATIP when funding for the program ended in 2012.

Reports produced under AATIP:

1. Inertial Electrostatic Confinement Fusion
    2. Advanced Nuclear Propulsion for Manned Deep Space Missions
    3. Pulsed High-Power Microwave Technology
    4. Space Access
    5. Advanced Space Propulsion Based on Vacuum (Spacetime Metric) Engineering
    6. BioSensors and BioMEMS
    7. Invisibility Cloaking
    8. Traversable Wormholes, Stargates, and Negative Energy
    9. High-Frequency Gravitational Wave Communications
    10. Role of Superconducters in Gravity Research
    11. Antigravity for Aerospace Applications
    12. Field Effects on Biological Tissues
    13. Positron Aerospace Propulsion
    14. Concepts for Extracting Energy from the Quantum Vacuum
    15. An Introduction to the Statistical Drake Equation
    16. Maverick Inventor Versus Corporate Inventor
    17. Biomaterials
    18. Metamaterials for Aerospace Applications
    19. Warp Drive, Dark Energy, and the Manipulation of Extra Dimensions
    20. Technological Approaches to Controlling External Devices in the Absence of Limb-Operated Interfaces
    21. Materials for Advanced Aerospace Platforms
    22. Metallic Glasses
    23. Aerospace Applications of Programmable Matter
    24. Metallic Spintronics
    25. Space-Communication Implications of Quantum Entanglement and Nonlocality
    26. Aneutronic Fusion Propulsion I
    27. Cockpits in the Era of Breakthrough Flight
    28. Cognitive Limits on Simultaneous Control of Multiple Unmanned Spacecraft
    29. Detection and High Resolution Tracking of Vehicles at Hypersonic Velocities
    30. Aneutronic Fusion Propulsion II
    31. Laser Lightcraft Nanosatellites
    32. Magnetohydrodynamics (MHD) Air Breathing Propulsion and Power for Aerospace Applications
    33. Quantum Computing and Utilizing Organic Molecules in Automation Technology
    34. Quantum Topography of Negative Energy States in the Vacuum
    35. Ultracapacitors as Energy and Power Storage Devices
    36. Negative Mass Propulsion
    37. State of the Art and Evolution of High Energy Laser Weapons [SECRET//NOFORN version]
    38. State of the Art and Evolution of High Energy Laser Weapons
    AATIP vs. UAP Task Force (UAPTF)

The UAPTF is not a continuation of AATIP. Since the majority of reporting about UAP observations in recent years came from naval aviators, the Department of the Navy had been leading assessments of UAP incursions into DOD training ranges and designated airspace since approximately 2018. Beginning in 2019, DOD undertook efforts to formalize the good work done by the Navy for DOD. Former Deputy Secretary Norquist approved the establishment of the UAPTF on Aug. 4, 2020.

14. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Perhaps I will be proven wrong shortly (and how unbelievable would it be?!), but I just feel like this is a disinformation campaign with multiple players spread across all different fields and degrees of credibility in an effort to reinforce it's credibility. There are multiple "Well, how come...?" elements thrown in to narrow things down to one "plausible" conclusion, and the "We're not saying it's aliens, but we're also not saying it is us" thing seems to be blatantly engineered ambiguity. The incredibly low budget of the first AATIP reinforces that in my mind - it sets the stage for officials and players asking for more support, thereby creating a sense of urgency.

Either we are continuing an effort to hide tech we have by writing it off as impossible, or we are going to great lengths to act surprised by someone else's achievements. Granted, these things, if they are in fact 100% as observed, are odd and extremely capable...but taking advantage of alternate theories has happened before. Given the current geopolitical climate, it is IMO an opportune time for us to play out either scenario.

Once again, if they are as observed, then I suppose you cannot discount the possibility of visitors. I mean, someone has to build the things...but I'm inclined to study the earthly possibilities first.

15. lambchop

lambchop Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    Whatever, whoever, (hopefully us!) the technological leap is gigantic. Claims that subs have tracked these things at several hundred knots under water is perhaps more astounding than the flight characteristics.

Nembo1777 and greg328 like this.
  16. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011

Keep in mind that these type of sightings have been around for a while:

http://www.documentaryarea.tv/player.php?title=The Phenomenon

17. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra

Of course, which can only lend credibility to the rouse, if that is what it is. I doubt any sightings have been quite so well or dramatically documented in the past, so they are a bit more open to interpretation and skepticism. Even something like Rendelsham Forest is scant on true documentation.

I will say that these events are by far the most compelling bullet in the gun for the extraterrestrial hypothesis.

18. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    What's more likely

- Aliens have technology so advanced that not only is the ship capable of interstellar travel, but also too small to apparently support life during the trip, no obvious propulsion, etc. etc. fantastical arguments.

- There's a terrestrial phenomenon we don't yet understand, or somebody wrote an easter egg in the sensor software as a joke.

19. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    The smaller craft observed could possibly rendezvous with a larger, interstellar craft.

One of the AATIP studies listed has to do with the "Drake Equation". If you're not familiar, this is an estimate of the number of communicative extraterrestrial civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy. That may sound fantastical, but that is what the government is spending your tax dollars studying.

20. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    I think there could be something to this.

If you think about it, the behavior of these things is a bit pointless, especially if one assumes some intelligent control. You would think "they" would have enough intelligence gathered at this point to stop putting on a show, unless it's just a game now. Plus, if they are so advanced and can bend physics to get here from light years away, why would they even need to be seen? Why would you need a craft if you can travel interdimensionally?

On a related note - I'm not particularly concerned about hostiles from beyond because, considering the Nimitz encounter was nearly twenty years ago now, I think they would have figured out that we would be pretty easy to brush aside a while ago! :)

Anyway, not trying to pee on the parade; I just have a long way to go before I can say "Aliens!" Even if I want to, ha!

greg328 and Dewinator like this.
  21. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    That would be a tough pill to swallow ! Tougher even for the military to confirm.

What if these things can operate in our most sensitive airspace, with complete impunity ?
    What if they can turn our weapons systems off at will ?
    What if they are abducting people for experiments ? What if those abductees don't always come back in one piece ?

22. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    It certainly would be.

Right now, though, the tough pills for me to swallow are Jeremy Corbell, Lou Elizondo, Tom DeLounge, etc. While some of the accounts/evidence seem compelling, I'm just not convinced every logical angle is being pursued because these guys SO want it to be of extraterrestrial origin, quite clearly. Again, maybe that is by design and part of a larger plan, I can't say.

What will be interesting to me is 1) what does the upcoming report say explicitly and 2) will it actually be delivered as requested or will it drag on and on?

23. italia16

italia16 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2004
    I have not studied this much, but why are almost all the photos fuzzy?
    We now have very sophisticated optics and sensors on military aircraft and ships that should be able to show details from long range. Gee, even radar images of stationary objects can be fairly clear and detailed. If the craft is detected by radar, it has some surfaces that are reflecting the energy back and a good photo would show the propulsion type, control surfaces, etc to understand it better.

24. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    They show you what they want you to see