812 racing seat lifter options | FerrariChat

812 racing seat lifter options

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by 812nlargo, May 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 812nlargo

812nlargo Rookie

May 16, 2021
    Hi everyone, and thanks for a great forum. This is my first post.

Has anyone installed a racing seat lifter after delivery? Either via ferrari or by a third party? How much did it cost etc?

thank you!

2. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I honestly didn’t think you get the racing seats in an 812 WITHOUT the lifter. I seem to recall that when I spec’d mine, the order guide obligated me to the lifter, otherwise I would not have ordered it. Have you seen an 812 without the lifter? BTW, mine is a 2019.

3. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    My 812 GTS was ordered without a lifter, and I know you can get the SF without also. I’m tall so I wanted the extra space that comes with no lifter.

I think retro fitting a lifter would be difficult and expensive.

Thecadster likes this.
  4. 812nlargo

812nlargo Rookie

May 16, 2021
    Yes, seen and sat in a car without the lifter. 2020 gts. I’m not the tallest guy on earth but i didn’t find the seats too low tbh.

It honestly feels like an easy fix, but i was hoping someone has done it in the past and could give some info.

Thecadster likes this.
  5. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Can’t be done. The seat bottom is different and thus you can’t add the lifter. Best option is to have blocks machined and placed under the seat rails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. 812nlargo

812nlargo Rookie

May 16, 2021
    Thanks,

So i guess the only way is to order new seats? I assume that costs a fortune.

7. 812nlargo

812nlargo Rookie

May 16, 2021
    Thanks,

So i guess the only way is to order new seats? I assume that costs a fortune.

8. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    Without the lifter the shop has to mechanically do a one time adjustment for the driver. So when resale time comes you have a problem. The dealer installed lifter was in the $2500 range. So instead of the racing seat costing $10,000 it's $12,500. Add full electric feature and or Daytona inserts, special stitching, and Cavalino to the headrest, and you have a WOW!

9. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    Without the lifter the shop has to mechanically do a one time adjustment for the driver. So when resale time comes you have a problem. The dealer installed lifter was in the $2500 range. So instead of the racing seat costing $10,000 it's $12,500. Add full electric feature and or Daytona inserts, special stitching, and Cavalino to the headrest, and you have a WOW!

10. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    can you add full electric to racing seats? Or racing seats with lifter? I thought those were mutually exclusive.

nimamd likes this.
  11. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    No racing seats are made in one piece so no movment.
    You can have Racing seats, with or without a lifter, in different sizes most are large I would think.
    Sat in a GTS with racing seats without lifter yesterday and it makes a big difference to the headroom.

Thecadster likes this.
  12. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    No, the standard racing seats are made in 2 pieces. The back can be tilted independently from the base. The monohull seats on the other hand, are indeed a single piece of carbon, and cant be adjusted at all (beside sliding front and back). Monohull seats can only be specced via special request or atelier/TM.

13. Frozakimi

Frozakimi Rookie

Jul 3, 2016
    I was told it can't be installed after the delivery. Mine was a 2020 car, and I ordered a racing without a lifter. (According to my dealer, the lifter lever is quite fragile, so he did not recommend it!)

14. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Btw it is recommended that you don’t sit on the seat while lifting it, to avoid risk of the lever breaking. I guess this is especially the case if you’re heavier!