F12 front spoilers - who else has broken theirs multiple times !? | FerrariChat

F12 front spoilers - who else has broken theirs multiple times !?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by SCFerrari, May 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I’m about to go for my third one - so many darn parking curbs where I live and just not paying close enough attention . Just trying to figure out where to source a replacement spoiler without sending the car back to the dealer ..

Any good online sources you would recommend !? I might try carbon fiber this time around so I can avoid painting ..

Thanks

Rob

2. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
  3. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    in the settings you can set Parking sensors to automatically come on below 5mph... this helps if you can't remember to push the button on the roof to activate them but it is also annoying in parking lots and at stop lights/signs.

SCFerrari likes this.
  4. Nicolò Sforza

Nicolò Sforza Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 6, 2018
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Nicolò Colombo
    That's unfortunate to hear and i can say you are not the only one, the F12 front spoiler sticks out quite a bit from the bumper . We have had many Customers recently who had the same issue with the front spoiler and needed a replacement.
    If you would ever decide to opt for carbon fiber ,i suggest you to consider our CF spoiler which is the same as the original one in terms of manufacture process, fabric, weave, finish & fitment.
    https://www.sforza.tech/en/product/ferrari-f12-carbon-front-spoiler/
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. gds7368

gds7368 Rookie

May 28, 2015
    Columbus, Ohio
    I set my display screen up by default so that below a certain MPH the front parking sensors automatically come up to view. Haven’t hit a curb yet (knock on wood!)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

SCFerrari likes this.
  6. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    SCFerrari likes this.
  7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Reverse into the parking spot.

Try Eurospares. They may have something.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

SCFerrari likes this.
  8. kdoshi

kdoshi Rookie

Aug 26, 2017
    You guys have any 812 cf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Michael Ortega

Jun 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Michael Ortega
    I replaced mine after breaking it with a carbon fiber one from Carbonio for around $1000.00. Looks great and much better than the OEM plastic piece. They are out of Canada. Check em out. Good luck,

SCFerrari likes this.
  10. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks everyone for your feedback and help- some good tips on how to avoid it again!

I’m ordering one today -

11. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I would stick with oem, if you hit the carbon one it cannot be repaired cost effectively. Much cheaper to repair and paint or replace the oem one.

SCFerrari likes this.
  12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I am very careful with mine and never park front-in. Car is very low and long. Would think the CF version being much stronger would transfer any impact to the front bumper causing a heck of a lot of unnecessary damage. If you have had multiple incidents than work a deal to buy two OEM versions and have one as a spare. Otherwise never front park and there is no issue.

SCFerrari likes this.
  13. Nicolò Sforza

Nicolò Sforza Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 6, 2018
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Nicolò Colombo
    Hi,
    We have in production and available to order 812 Superfast /GTS kickplates door sills supplied with or without Ferrari oem badges.
    Other parts we are interested to develop are: rear diffuser, rear exhaust surrounds, rear lid panel, rocker panels sideskirts, upon 812 Owners enquires and eventual group buy in order to start develop toolings and manufacture the CF parts.
    PM for details
    Thank you

14. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I've got to say - it's an amazing world we live in that you can post a problem on the forum, get advise from lots of great people, place order with a supplier in Italy on a Sunday night, and receive the part from across the world in 3 days at your doorstep.

Thanks again everyone,

Rob
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Sillyboy

Sillyboy Rookie

May 23, 2008