FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO....2021:...QUALIFYING.... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄ | Page 8 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO....2021:...QUALIFYING.... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, May 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Lewis is in the position he’s in because of MB , and he rides them after one bad day. Toto admitted publicly the car wasn’t on point but privately he should have ripped LH a new one. Russell is ready.....

I predicted Ferrari would do well in Monaco; the car lacks high speed downforce and there are no high speed curves there so Ferrari looks good on these types of circuits.

stavura, Bas, ingegnere and 1 other person like this.
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    All the races should be changed to this.

A crash in the last lap denies the fans by just ending it.

3. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Anyone got a link to the Lewis mb meltdown?

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Sometimes? :)

stavura, jpalmito, Bas and 2 others like this.
  5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    #180 ingegnere, May 22, 2021
    Last edited: May 22, 2021
    And right on cue, Merc fall on their sword to placate one of their drivers. The other, of course, needs no cover because 1/ they don’t care and 2/ he thinks he was in the hunt for pole.

Mercedes 'didn’t provide Hamilton with right car' for Monaco F1 qualifying

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/mercedes-didnt-provide-hamilton-the-right-car-for-monaco-f1-qualifying/6513683/

Isobel and Bas like this.
  6. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Don’t know how I feel about this quali. I don’t think Chuck binned it into the wall on purpose, but it did wreck a great last couple of minutes with several drivers in contention to improve times. This is a risk factor at every race and it doesn’t help the show. I am not in favour of mid season rule changes, so things should stay as they are for now, but for next year, this should be reviewed.

T1 should be really exciting tomorrow. The race will be won/lost on red flags and safety cars. Total lottery. Anyone in the top 10 could win it.

7. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    The red flag should stop the clock. That is the only acceptable solution.

375+ likes this.
  8. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    He's obviously just winding people up (seems to have worked ;) )
    No one with any knoweledge of the sport would think that was deliberate.

9. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    It’s worse than that, it’s a Monegasque plot.;)

Nembo1777 and ingegnere like this.
  10. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    AMuS

"Ferrari found no damage to the gearbox during their first inspection. A final decision will be made on Sunday morning. Ferrari also want to make sure that the rivals learn as late as possible about Leclerc's actual grid position."

Even if there had been a clear gearbox damage, Ferrari would have not communicated it until Sunday.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/formel-1-gp-monaco-ferrari-pole-crash/

Leclerc's damaged car

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bas likes this.
  11. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    stavura and Bas like this.
  12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Did he say that ? No. You are making it up and putting words in his mouth.

Toto Wolff only mentioned a lap deletion rule in Indycar for a driver provokes a red flag.

If you think about it, that rules makes sense, but you are probably too partisan to see it.

13. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #188 Giallo 550, May 22, 2021
    Last edited: May 22, 2021
    I don’t understand why Hamilton is so upset. Wasn’t he surprised and delighted by Ferrari’s pace the other day? :D

It’s amazing that he has been provided with a car that destroyed the competition over the past seven years, and he feels the need to bite the hand that feeds him after one lousy qualifying session.

fil, stavura, Isobel and 7 others like this.
  14. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    :D:D:D

Jeronimo GTO and ingegnere like this.
  15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    **** happens, 20 drivers are regularly not provided with a pole car for the last 8 years, so go figure!!!

fil, stavura, Jeronimo GTO and 3 others like this.
  16. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    It helps to read what I wrote before commenting. By writing “insinuates” I exactly meant the POS didn’t say it outright. If he didn’t believe there was the possibility of a staged crash, he wouldn’t propose a rule change and let all his followers infer by his raising that doubt that maybe he believes it himself.

Also, if his red flag brain f-rt idea is such a great idea for a rule change why did he not propose this earlier—along with his request for wing deflection testing, or maybe after Rosberg did the same—instead of today. With his direct line to Masi, you’d think he’d done so by now.

fil, stavura, Picchu88 and 4 others like this.
  17. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    :D:D:D

18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Actually Toto Wolff "argued" that the rule Indycar has adopted would have removed any doubt that the incident was genuine, by deleting the time..

That's a fair point, IMO.

Over the years, several red flags have been called in strange circumstances during qualifs at Monaco , throwing suspicion on the ones who caused them.

I think Indycar has a fair rule: whoever provokes a red flag shouldn't benefit from it.

Also, it's not very becoming to constantly insult people you don't like; it's simply lowering the tone.

Terra and pcarcraig like this.
  19. speedgod

speedgod Rookie

May 14, 2019
    I hope that as F1 expands in the US, they also expand their reporter lineup. The British bias is so blatant across the F1 owned podcasts (Jennie Gow), live coverage ( David Croft) and former F1 driver like Martin Brundle who never drove for Ferrari are shameless in their slander.

ingegnere likes this.
  20. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    The only point being made is proving what I said: he created and fed the narrative that there is a suspicion that this was done on purpose. Hence why you’re aping his Indycar rule comment.

Pretty sure there were other Q sessions stopped prematurely because of red flags, so why was the Indycar rule—which is perfectly reasonable—not mentioned before?

I agree: forthwith you should really stop your constant insulting of Ferrari, Gasly, Vettel, etc., it’s really unbecoming.:)

If you are referring to my insult of Toto, this is the first time I wrote that I think he’s a POS. I don’t hate him; I don’t know him and I really don’t generally care what he does and says. He rarely has anything interesting or insightful to say. But he does strike me as a vengeful, disingenuous POS, though. ;)

fil, Picchu88 and jpalmito like this.
  21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He is an incredible talent and will be in F1 before long. Just a shame he's French really :D

Sadly teams have learned the best way to win the MC GP is to drive as slow as possible, keep the rest of the field bunched up so the direct rivals can't go for an undercut...

Given his earlier statement I would assume it was tongue in cheek...

Entirely predictable!

You said it!
    +1 absolutely on all points.
    He really is a dispicable human being. Didn't his teammate put the his car 3rd, just 0.060 behind Max? So Lewis can blame the team all he likes, the ungrateful little ****, but that's proof that the speed WAS in the car.

jpalmito and ingegnere like this.
  22. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    No he isn't ;)

william likes this.
  23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    LOL but really is starting to be like the early ‘80s with all the great French drivers coming up through the Winfield program. Note that by French drivers I include Charles as I think of him as French.

Is the kid part of an F1 team’s academy?

True that. Lots of talk about over cut, so staying out long, and hoping for safety car. Really a lottery. I can even see HAM (with his really poorly set up car) winning by staying out on his first set of tires until the very end of the race.

I read where Max said that if that was his car, for sure the gearbox would be damaged. Maybe Ferrari are leaving too much margin on their design and losing out on weight savings and ballast options compared to RBR off that’s true.

jpalmito and Bas like this.
  24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He's with Sauber, so all good there. When Kimi hangs up his helmet I'm sure Pourchaire will take his place.

A well (or poorly) timed SC can change this entire race dramatically...

Who knows...of course for this track in particular suspension is beefed up.

ingegnere likes this.