Wanted - 69 Pro Touring Coupe | FerrariChat

Wanted 69 Pro Touring Coupe

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by RonH, Apr 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I am looking for a totally done up Camaro, pro touring coupe. I have no interest in an “original” or a “survivor” or a “project”. I also don't want a convertible (I already have that in my 65 Vette). Prefer Marina Blue or similar color (I know that is a 67 color, not a 69 color). I also don't want a showroom level, I want a driver level—this will be a semi daily driver for me. Thanks.

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    #2 RonH, Apr 27, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Yup. That’s why I am posting. There have some pretty close contenders on BAT but I am picky. A while back I wanted a red 612. It took me 3 years but I got it.

of2worlds likes this.
  3. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    If you want a proper chassis car then I would recommend finding one that has the interior/drivetrain you want and just having it repainted.

4. gto406_2

gto406_2 Rookie

Oct 3, 2020
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian McColgan
    Ron,

Try Pro-Touring.com and check their Classified for sale section. E.g., there is a high-end ‘69 Camaro for sale on their right now. This gent has built some pretty nice cars.

1969 Camaro Full DSE RHS LSX 427 twin turbo, best of the best

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?t=135062

Best of luck on your search!
    BR/Brian.

5. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Thanks Brian. I really appreciate it. That is an interesting site and I will watch it along with BAT and other similar sites. Unfortunately that particular car is not what I am looking for. The average show room level 69 pro tourer is in the $150K range and he is asking $180K before interior! I am looking for a daily driver and there are a number out there that are really nice in the $80K range. That is much more my speed. I just have to find one that ticks all the boxes. If that doesnt work out then I will buy a nice original and do it myself. I did that with my 65 Vette and it actually is not that hard (though obviously it costs more and takes more time and I am trying to avoid that—but I am also very picky).

gto406_2 likes this.
  6. gto406_2

gto406_2 Rookie

Oct 3, 2020
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian McColgan
    Your welcome Ron. It is definitely a good site - especially for 1st-gen GM f-body cars!

That car the gent building on there is top-$$ but when you review it is apparent his Camaro is outfitted with very high end components. I do know the Chevy II and bubble-top Impala he had for sale - on the site - were quite nice.

Definitely keep an eye out on PT.com as you often see 1st-gen projects that pop-up there periodically. You may scoop a decent project that is part or closer to done, which will potentially give you more 1st-gen than you anticipated

cheers,
    Brian.

7. gto406_2

gto406_2 Rookie

Oct 3, 2020
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian McColgan
  8. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Thanks Brian. Interesting project but way more than I want to get into. I have worked on my Vette for 2 years and it is merely a bunch of bolt in stuff. I can see where this would be a lifetime of work (at least for me)!

gto406_2 likes this.
  9. gto406_2

gto406_2 Rookie

Oct 3, 2020
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian McColgan
    Yes I know the feeling Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

I will keep my eyes peeled if something pops up that is more done than build one!

Cheers,
    Brian.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

RonH likes this.
  10. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #10 97 Spider, Jul 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
    Are you looking for one built or looking to have one built the way you want it? This is one I built a while back and recently sold. Fully tubular subframe and 4 link, coil over adjustable shocks, disk brakes, any modern drivetrain, custom interior. etc. It’s been a while but I’ve built a number of pro touring Resto mod cars for people. Camaro- Chevelle-V-10 Challenger. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

one4torque likes this.
  11. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian