Where is Rolls' replacement for the Dawn dhc? | FerrariChat

Where is Rolls' replacement for the Dawn dhc?

Discussion in 'British' started by bitzman, May 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I heard they are dropping two door models in the US. But where is the replacement? Normally before you drop something you have a little peek at the new one to come. Could it be they are going all electric and the new one isn't done yet? Could it be Rolls is hurting badly in sales? I think dropping the convertible (though it i based on a 2015 platform) is handing the top luxury convertible market over to Bentley. Hell,Lexus might even try for that market niche=--just lengthen the LC500 so it' s a true four seater. How many unsold Dawn convertibles are sitting in the showrooms of dealers in the US right now? Just hundreds? This "bad"news should up their price.

2. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    No wonder my dealer wanted my Wraith back. Not happening. Great cruiser GT.

3. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    You heard correctly. Replacements have not been formally announced.

4. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    But are they ready enough to unveil during car week? I heard Rolls won't be there, not at
    Quail or Pebble. Isn't this opening the door for a competitor to be the Alpha dog in luxury cars? We used to say "Be there or be square" but maybe that is a dead phrase because being square doesn't men anything anymore....

5. Flash G

Flash G Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2006
    Hollywood Hills
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Rolls-Royce is an SUV company now.

Sad.

6. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    My understanding is a handful of marques are no longer participating in car week, RR being one of them. I believe I heard Lamborghini will not be either.